PDA

View Full Version : [Dev] Profanity Filter

Matt
18-09-2015, 12:56 PM
http://www.habbox.com/assets/images//2012/08/29/yi4gA.gif

Hello once again!

For a very long time swearing and foul language on the Forum has been filtered and would appear as little stars (E.G. ****). As part of the revamped forum rules which have been released today, we have implemented a new Profanity Filter in an attempt to relax the forum rules and not treat everyone like they are 13. Due to this being quite a large change, we believe it warrants it's own Development Announcement so that it doesn't get lost in among all the rule change information.

What is this filter?
The Profanity Filter now allows users to see certain swear words that have been picked out by both Forum and General Management - they will no longer be filtered or appear as stars.

How do I use this new feature?
To turn off the filter so that you can see certain swear words you will need to follow the below instructions:
UserCP > Edit Profile (under My Settings) > Scroll down to the bottom of the page > Click 'Turn Off'

Why are swear words still appearing filtered?
This may be for a number of reasons. The first is you may have forgotten to turn the filter off (and if this is the case please refer to the steps above!). Another reason may be because only a select few words were unfiltered. If you are swearing and the words are still appearing as stars (and you know you turned the filter off) then please do not avoid the filter hoping the word will appear in full - this is against the forum rules and you will be contacted by moderators. Another reason may be that the plugin has glitched and if you believe this is the case please send me a Private Message!

So what words will I be able to use/see once I turn the filter off?
The below spoiler includes a list of words that are now unfiltered. All of these words should appear in full with none of them appearing as little stars. Word of warning - it has swearing in it!
(bastard, basterd, bitchinesses, shitload, bastad, shittest, bitchiness, bitchiest, bitchier, bitchily, bitching, bitched, bitches, bitchy, bitch, {bich},{bch}, bullshitters, bullshitting, bullshitted, bullshitter, shitless, bullshits, shittiest, bullshit, {shittier}, {shiz}, {shizz}, {shitting}, {shitty}, {shits}, shit, {shat}, {shite}, {shiit})

Why have you only unfiltered a few words?
Only a few words have been unfiltered due to the fact we believe a number of other swear words - if unfiltered - will be used to insult and be rude to other forum users.

I want more words to be unfiltered
If you want more words to be unfiltered then reply to the Feedback Thread here (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=829757&p=8415541#post8415541) and state your reasoning behind why you believe the word(s) should be unfiltered. If your reason is good enough then it might be unfiltered! Please keep in mind that if your reason is simply 'because I like using that word when talking to people'... the chances are your case will be unsuccessful.

But Matt... I still have questions!?
No need to panic! Just send me a Private Message and I'll get back to you :)

I apologise for the quantity of really long threads the Development Forum has seen over the past few days but I hope you enjoy this new feature.

Matt
Forum Manager

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!