PDA

View Full Version : Interview tips?

Katy
21-09-2015, 05:29 PM
I am going for an interview tomorrow at gala bingo, it's the second one I've ever had.

Does anyone have any tips they can offer me?

David
21-09-2015, 05:30 PM
show ur boobs

depends what you're interviewing for, what you can do. i don't know anyone at a gala bingo so can't help. just tell them that you're great at shouting numbers.
also depends what kinda person is interviewing how you should and can behave around them, either casual or professional.

Katy
21-09-2015, 05:33 PM
show ur boobs

depends what you're interviewing for, what you can do. i don't know anyone at a gala bingo so can't help. just tell them that you're great at shouting numbers.
also depends what kinda person is interviewing how you should and can behave around them, either casual or professional.

Lmao thanks Dave. I'm thinking act professional but have fun and joke with them.

Expling
21-09-2015, 05:54 PM
I had a mock interview thing last time and it was really awks because i almost broke my chair
but my interviewer told me not to say things I'm not (like I told her I wasn't very confident when she felt I was coming across as very confident)
so I suggest you just keep calm, be yourself and keep positive cos like they will definitely want someone with a personality and not some random professional person
also, don't forget to mention your hxhd role ;)

good luck!

Katy
21-09-2015, 06:08 PM
I had a mock interview thing last time and it was really awks because i almost broke my chair
but my interviewer told me not to say things I'm not (like I told her I wasn't very confident when she felt I was coming across as very confident)
so I suggest you just keep calm, be yourself and keep positive cos like they will definitely want someone with a personality and not some random professional person
also, don't forget to mention your hxhd role ;)

good luck!

Lmao bless you with the chair!

So just say all the positives and no negatives haha that's good.

That's really helpful thank you Tommy!

Inseriousity.
21-09-2015, 06:23 PM
What do you think went wrong with the first one? That might help you think of ways to improve for this one.

Stay calm. Don't rush your answers. If they offer you water, TAKE IT. It's a great way to slow yourself down or think of an answer if you go blank.
STAR method is always good. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Start thinking of examples you've got around customer service (helping people), good with numbers + counting and whatever else gala bingo might want you to do - check the job description/person specification that you'll have seen when you applied (if it was done online) as that'll give you a good idea of what they're looking for.
Don't fidget and keep eye contact.
Smile
Relax
Take a deep breath
You'll be fine :)

Katy
21-09-2015, 07:22 PM
What do you think went wrong with the first one? That might help you think of ways to improve for this one.

Stay calm. Don't rush your answers. If they offer you water, TAKE IT. It's a great way to slow yourself down or think of an answer if you go blank.
STAR method is always good. Situation, Task, Action, Result. Start thinking of examples you've got around customer service (helping people), good with numbers + counting and whatever else gala bingo might want you to do - check the job description/person specification that you'll have seen when you applied (if it was done online) as that'll give you a good idea of what they're looking for.
Don't fidget and keep eye contact.
Smile
Relax
Take a deep breath
You'll be fine :)

Well my first one was 2 years ago and I got the job. So I guess it went well.

That's a good one with the water!

Thank you for your help!!

Cerys
21-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I've got the job in 3/4 interviews I've been to sooo here's what I did.

I'm not a confident person at all, even when it comes to being with friends I still hardly talk HOWEVER acting really confident and friendly with the interviewer makes such a difference - being able to generate conversation with them helps so much. Even if it's a fake confidence, they're not gonna find that out until after they hire you ;)
Don't stress out over giving responses to every question immediately. Take a bit of time to think about how you want to reply to their question (obviously don't sit there for ages in silence, or dont take ages to answer straight forward ones such as what's your date of birth ;) ). You're more likely to give better answers this way too.
Doing the simple things such as shaking their hand when they meet you, asking how are you in return to them asking you and smiling all make a huge impression on the interviewer. They're what sticks in their head when they are making their decision.
Show a genuine interest in the role by asking questions or reading notice boards while you're waiting.

Ooh yeah go with Mike on the STAR method, most companies have adopted that

I can't think of anything else xD

Matthew
21-09-2015, 08:44 PM
make a good first impression as they will make up their mind on you in the first minute or so. A good first impression and you almost have to lose the job, a bad first impression and you'll have to earn it. start with a good firm handshake, look them in the eye (not creepily lol) and be confident when you introduce yourself.

don't lie, a good interviewer can tell and WILL catch you out. you might get away with it but its not worth the risk imo

try to keep decent eye contact during the interview

take your time with answers. if you want to think about an answer, politely ask for 10 seconds to think. don't keep them waiting though and don't do this more than 1 or 2 times

just dont worry about it. if you dont get the job then think of it as interview practice for next time!

Jake
21-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Iirc, gala ask you things along the lines of
What do you expect to be doing while working here?
Are you confident in speaking in front of a big audience?
Any previous experience?
What do you know about the company?

There is also questions about bingo and how well you know / understand the game.
Also dealing with customers queries and complaints.

Thats mostly all i can remember im afraid the interview i had was about 7 years ago!

FlyingJesus
21-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Talk about how much you love the elderly and unemployed, no problem

Katy
21-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Thank you all that's so helpful, knowing some of the questions they might ask is great thank you.

Hopefully I will nail it with all these tips, I will let you all know!!

Jake
21-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katy
24-09-2015, 12:54 AM
It went amazing guys!

She offered me a trial on the spot!

Jake
25-09-2015, 12:07 AM
:) glad to hear it!!

LewSafety
03-10-2015, 02:54 AM
Although you've probably already been and had your interview (Congratulations), I'll spew out some tips anyway.

I've actually never had an interview in my life, I've been fortunate enough to be offered all the jobs I've had. So, now I'm in a position were I actually conduct interviews, my tips are coming from a slightly different perspective.

I always like to see that someone has researched our company, so I'd ask them a question related to that. You should do your research because you'll spot obvious interview questions. Most businesses are all about customer service and satisfaction, so be prepared to answer a question about a time you gave excellent customer service.

Usually at the end of interviews, the interviewer will ask you if you have any questions. Ask them a question! You have no idea how good it looks to an interviewer. You could ask a question about whether or not you would be trained in different areas, the type of training you'd receive etc. or, simply ask when you'll know if you were successful or not. It just makes it seem like you're actually bothered and not just there because you wont get your Job Seekers Allowance otherwise.

In the very likely event that you will be asked the most annoying interview question on the planet which is, "where do you see yourself in 5 years time?", don't answer with "in your job", for god sake. I'd say something along the lines of "hopefully progressing through the company, developing my skills and gaining training it other areas to advance my career" or something like that.

But hey, what do I know since I've actually never had an interview and would probably boil under the pressure.

One last thing, you probably wont be the only one thats feeling a bit nervous - the interviewer probably is too! So don't worry too much and you'll smash it.

This will be riddled with grammatical inaccuracies but i cbf reading it back over. xo

Hartzz
07-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Well done on getting a trial!! Did you pass your trial, if it's ended yet?

One tip I have, for any other interviews you have, be yourself... anyone can tell when you're being someone different!

Katy
07-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Hartzz; Yes I passed my trial! I start on sunday:D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!