PDA

View Full Version : Island Escape - Ends 16th October

Lex
10-10-2015, 05:20 AM
http://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//2015/10/10/983dfd32c3638767c7f7109f6a8df79a.gif

I often go on holiday every ten months or so, and every time I end up picking the most secluded and out of the way places to have the perfect holiday. I love the heat so I tend to pick places like the Mediterranean. My last holiday was to a small island called Porto Santo which is part of an archipelago in the Atlantic owned by Portugal. It was great because it was so quiet, peaceful, relaxing and small! My competition revolves around all of those things!

Describe a tiny island that would be a perfect escape for you for a few days!

I personally couldn't go anywhere that wasn't permanently warm, but for you guys the heat might not be your thing. Points for originality, of course, and if you can make it sound like an island that doesn't already exist, even better.

Prize: 1 Weeks VIP and 15 Rep

David
11-10-2015, 12:45 PM
one with no other people

SpaceCoboye
12-10-2015, 08:32 PM
I just think of all the possible ways you could die on an isle, to be honest.

But if i had a perfect island escape it would honestly be an island not located north of the planet.
Somewhat warm, not too warm however. An isle with animals on it for hunting purpose but also enough material to be able to build a place to sleep and protect oneself from rain and such.

Hopefully not on an isle full of venomous and poisonous creatures.
And honestly, i could go on and on.

What i want is basically a practical isle where the basic needs of life can be obtained.

Triz
15-10-2015, 11:52 PM
A personal island eh?

I spend many countless hours fantasising about this... you know; ready for when I win the Euromillions!

I'll try to paint you all a picture... It would be only a small island, not little much room but also not too much.
There would be no roads leading to my island. It would be accessible by boat or helicopter only, this is because I have a natural hate for people, therefore you can't turn up expectantly... Unless of course you had your own boat or helicopter.
I'll paint you coming in via boat... It would be somewhere warm, where the water is crystal clear and blue, perhaps near the Maldives.
Upon exiting the boat you are presented with a very well maintained boat dock, a long wooden deck with pretty flowers growing all around it, with the added touch of fairy lights to light up the dock with just the right amount of light, whilst not adding to light pollution (as my island is surrounded by countries that don't use much light sources, therefore the sky is always deep black)

The dock will lead to decked cabin made entirely from wood/heavy logs as structural support and a strawed roof and with wooden floor, this would be like a reception area for my guests, where they would be met with complimentary cocktails. There would then be a very short shuttlebus drive to my house, the drive would only be around 40 seconds, it would be a winding road with trees and various pretty exotic plants beside it, almost 'covering' the road as if were indoors.

Once at the house, there would be a driveway-roundabout like you often see with mansions, this would lead to the porch of the house.
The house would be themed the same as the rest of the island, so it won't look modern from the outside, however the inside would be modern.
I wont go into detail on the house because I'll be here all day.. It would have an indoor swimming pool and a cinema room as well as a bowling ally.

The back garden will have an infinity pool with a lot of water features as well as a hidden slide, also on one side of the pool, it would be surrounded by massive brickwork which are basically slabs of stones to make the swimming pool blend in with its natural surroundings; with plants growing on them, however on this whole side of the pool where the slabbed are, there would be a hole cut out where there would be a pool-bar so guests can get drinks whilst still in the pool. Attached to the side of my house in the back garden will be an outdoor kitchen/bar area with a roof so if it rains guests can hide away under the roof, whilst still remaining outside... This area will be equipped with lots of sofas, obviously the kitchen area, and a 60+inch LED Curved TV for the enjoyment of my guests/myself.

Following a narrow pavement leading off down the stairs from the pool, would be a tennis court, continuing down the same narrow path will lead to what I would call "Sorrows Cove" - This would be little stairs leading to wooden circular canopy on stilts which leads directly over the water... This would be caked in pretty lights and natural plants would cover it's wood to give it a wilderness feeling. This would overlook nothing but the sea in all directions, so when it's dark, you could see nothing apart from the immediate trees from the path you just came from, and the canopy itself... You will only be able to hear the noise of the ocean and the waves as they gently crash upon the sand.

Fantasy over. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!