PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye.

Thordenhime
01-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Ive been a DJ here and a help desk member for the past month and while i've made friends here and met some really great people to list a few Kyle Gina babycakezz Liam etc. i've had enough of all the politics inside this radio and forum the only thing keeping me here was Katy saying that it will get better and well she's gone now this is being less ran as a radio station and a forum and more like a business and i didnt sign up for that.

Thanks for having me anyway.

Prosiary
01-11-2015, 03:05 PM
thank you for your time

bye bye

Kyle
01-11-2015, 03:06 PM
Real shame for habbox to lose u, you're clearly a popular dj and a born entertainer :)

Kasabian
01-11-2015, 03:12 PM
miss you already

Joe
01-11-2015, 03:17 PM
http://static.abcteach.com/content_preview/g/goodbyecolorlabeled_pw.png

Thordenhime
01-11-2015, 03:18 PM
I just like to say sorry to gina for leaving at the last minute without talking with her i just cba anymore.

And if you have a problem with what i said up there sorry but i just dont care.

Lex
01-11-2015, 03:20 PM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/e/e2/Bye.gif/revision/latest?cb=20141206214809

bye mike

Matt
01-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that you've not enjoyed yourself Thordenhime!

xxMATTGxx
01-11-2015, 03:28 PM
It's a shame you have decided to resign.

Expling
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
thanks for your timee
see u next week ;)

Joe
01-11-2015, 03:33 PM
I was wondering whether or not I should just leave this to be nothing no one really cares about, but it seems like a lot is happening at the moment and basically, I wanted to address it from my point of view. It is always a shame to see someone leave the team and it's a shame that you feel the way you feel about Habbox but it's evident that you've made your decision and we all respect that, and because of that I personally think you should share that same respect.

For the majority of our users, we are all here because we don't love Habbo, but because we do actually love the fansite and enjoy socializing as we've all got friends here and people we like, etc. But, for the minority of people that choose the Help Desk as the first Habbo room to enter, and possibly the first fansite they've found, the last thing, quite honestly, they'll be wanting to see if someone referring to management and the fansite as a "shitshow". It's an opinion, and I respect that, but when it tarnishes the reputation of the fansite that a member of staff (although you've resigned your perms have not been removed, so you still represent us) can say that so openly it just makes everyone look bad, including yourself.

The management team has never ever been unanimously loved and it never will be. I certainly would never want to be administration at any fansite because you can never please everyone and if you do please everyone you're doing your job wrong, in my opinion. This seemed to all stem from when Dave left us suddenly. I'm not going to sit here and give my opinion on that as I literally haven't a clue what happened as nothing was revealed, and if that's the way it's remaining, then let it be, shit happens. The team obviously made a decision that they thought was the best way for the fansite and whether that decision was right or wrong, it's happened and it won't be reversed, so we all really need to get over it. I'm not saying your resignation is part of this, but certain members of the community and staff team simply aren't representing us well at all and it's because of this that we are losing people like yourself, who previously was really happy with being part of the staff team as I remember talking to you and joking with you on a skype call within the first week of you joining.

Wrapping up, your opinion is as valuable as mine and of course, I expect you to respect mine as I've respected yours. It's good to hear, as Kyle has mentioned, from staff that have quit as we need to know, so we can change the future shape of the fansite so we're not losing people like you, but personal comments are not a place for that, regardless of opinions, sometimes it's best just to keep it to yourself. If you had such a problem with the management team, I think a personal message to Laura or another member of the management staff would have sufficed. They wouldn't have blown up at you, they take personal comments everyday for volunteering on a fansite. I mean for god sake give them a break. They do this because they enjoyed Habbox and now have worked their way up to a high level of responsibility. They don't sit there telling you what you're not doing and how much of a "shitshow" your DJ shows are, so treat others as you expect to be treated yourself.

Thordenhime
01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
I was wondering whether or not I should just leave this to be nothing no one really cares about, but it seems like a lot is happening at the moment and basically, I wanted to address it from my point of view. It is always a shame to see someone leave the team and it's a shame that you feel the way you feel about Habbox but it's evident that you've made your decision and we all respect that, and because of that I personally think you should share that same respect.

For the majority of our users, we are all here because we don't love Habbo, but because we do actually love the fansite and enjoy socializing as we've all got friends here and people we like, etc. But, for the minority of people that choose the Help Desk as the first Habbo room to enter, and possibly the first fansite they've found, the last thing, quite honestly, they'll be wanting to see if someone referring to management and the fansite as a "shitshow". It's an opinion, and I respect that, but when it tarnishes the reputation of the fansite that a member of staff (although you've resigned your perms have not been removed, so you still represent us) can say that so openly it just makes everyone look bad, including yourself.

The management team has never ever been unanimously loved and it never will be. I certainly would never want to be administration at any fansite because you can never please everyone and if you do please everyone you're doing your job wrong, in my opinion. This seemed to all stem from when Dave left us suddenly. I'm not going to sit here and give my opinion on that as I literally haven't a clue what happened as nothing was revealed, and if that's the way it's remaining, then let it be, shit happens. The team obviously made a decision that they thought was the best way for the fansite and whether that decision was right or wrong, it's happened and it won't be reversed, so we all really need to get over it. I'm not saying your resignation is part of this, but certain members of the community and staff team simply aren't representing us well at all and it's because of this that we are losing people like yourself, who previously was really happy with being part of the staff team as I remember talking to you and joking with you on a skype call within the first week of you joining.

Wrapping up, your opinion is as valuable as mine and of course, I expect you to respect mine as I've respected yours. It's good to hear, as Kyle has mentioned, from staff that have quit as we need to know, so we can change the future shape of the fansite so we're not losing people like you, but personal comments are not a place for that, regardless of opinions, sometimes it's best just to keep it to yourself. If you had such a problem with the management team, I think a personal message to Laura or another member of the management staff would have sufficed. They wouldn't have blown up at you, they take personal comments everyday for volunteering on a fansite. I mean for god sake give them a break. They do this because they enjoyed Habbox and now have worked their way up to a high level of responsibility. They don't sit there telling you what you're not doing and how much of a "shitshow" your DJ shows are, so treat others as you expect to be treated yourself.

You have an active structure of different departments for each section of the radio and the forum we get around 8-10 listeners on a good day now assuming about five of those are regular listeners there'll be about 15 of you sitting in the helpdesk doing nothing but refusing to listen to the radio for whatever reason wont even stick it on mute,

A few weeks ago we were part of a habbo event and no one not the helpdesk staff not the radio staff just maybe the events staff knew about it i was in those rooms and not one time did i see ''hey tune into habboxlive'' or ''visit the helpdesk''

You're staffs silence spoke volumes to me.

Then when my friend got removed from the help desk for an absolute joke of a reason without prior warning because of rumours due to a certain member of staff i was about to leave but then katy stopped me told me i was being emotional and she was right i was being emotional because i held this radio and its staff on such a pedestal as like the pioneering radio station with great staff and dj's i used to love to listen too,and it worried me that this guy was fired the next day for RUMOURS if that isnt politics i dont know what is alot of you are nice people but when you have a comments section which bans swearing and bans over 18 content but allows a racist to purport his vitorial and disgusting views in the current affairs section and nothing is said that also worried me and when katy and my friends all left it was the straw that broke the camels back so in short

When a radio that actively used to have around 50-100 listeners drops down to about 10 listeners and cant get support from the rest of the departments that in definition is a shit show.

Joe
01-11-2015, 03:52 PM
You have an active structure of different departments for each section of the radio and the forum we get around 8-10 listeners on a good day now assuming about five of those are regular listeners there'll be about 15 of you sitting in the helpdesk doing nothing but refusing to listen to the radio for whatever reason wont even stick it on mute,

A few weeks ago we were part of a habbo event and no one not the helpdesk staff not the radio staff just maybe the events staff knew about it i was in those rooms and not one time did i see ''hey tune into habboxlive'' or ''visit the helpdesk''

You're staffs silence spoke volumes to me.

Then when my friend got removed from the help desk for an absolute joke of a reason without prior warning because of rumours due to a certain member of staff i was about to leave but then katy stopped me told me i was being emotional and she was right i was being emotional because i held this radio and its staff on such a pedestal as like the pioneering radio station with great staff and dj's i used to love to listen too,and it worried me that this guy was fired the next day for RUMOURS if that isnt politics i dont know what is alot of you are nice people but when you have a comments section which bans swearing and bans over 18 content but allows a racist to purport his vitorial and disgusting views in the current affairs section and nothing is said that also worried me and when katy and my friends all left it was the straw that broke the camels back so in short

When a radio that actively used to have around 50-100 listeners drops down to about 10 listeners and cant get support from the rest of the departments that in definition is a shit show.

I understand, and thanks for replying, but you haven't addressed anything that I just said. Your silence also speaks volumes.

Thordenhime
01-11-2015, 03:56 PM
I understand, and thanks for replying, but you haven't addressed anything that I just said. Your silence also speaks volumes.

I just explained to you the reason why i can say that so openly.

FlyingJesus
01-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Meh if people want to put their own advancement before the community and ragequit when things don't go their way that's really no loss to the site, even less so when they then show how childish and useless they are by sticking around anyway just making a nuisance of themselves and abusing people. Shame that you've been so affected by this that you've decided to go too, good luck wherever you end up

DPS
01-11-2015, 04:44 PM
bye

Rachel
01-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Bye bye thanks for everything

Samantha
01-11-2015, 04:49 PM
It's a shame that you've decided to leave, but at the end of the day we're volunteers and a fansite is what you make it - if you don't like something then there are suggestion threads you can use and management you can contact to improve it for yourself and others. However, leaving when it gets too much shows no dedication to say you go on about people not caring or not bothering to open the radio or go in the Help Desk - some of those people you see there, those in the help desk that won't tune in have been there for Habbox when it was at its peak and lowest, and saying things like:

there'll be about 15 of you sitting in the helpdesk doing nothing but refusing to listen to the radio for whatever reason wont even stick it on mute,

That's unfair. We DON'T HAVE TO tune into a radio site if we don't want to (or leave it on mute, sort of defeats the point of a radio anyway...), if you want to gain more listeners go around the hotel and not just stay in the one room that is pretty much a community hub for those who either don't listen to the radio, or those who are just there because the DJ is there - you are not going to gain more listeners without the effort or getting the word out to a wider audience!

That isn't the staff member's fault if they didn't know about it - management or GM need to inform staff members of it (which I think they did?). Up until last night however, the Help Desk didn't have a manager, at least the position is now filled so this may not be a problem now.

it worried me that this guy was fired the next day for RUMOURS if that isnt politics i dont know what is alot of you are nice people but when you have a comments section which bans swearing and bans over 18 content but allows a racist to purport his vitorial and disgusting views in the current affairs section and nothing is said that also worried me and when katy and my friends all left it was the straw that broke the camels back so in short

At Habbox, there is always something 'more' to a dismissal, which we will never find out due to discretion and the fact it's nothing to do with any of us apart from those involved. I'm not getting into discussing that though, I'm just clarifying that there will always be more, there always is!

Also, a great feature on Habbox Forum is a report tool - if you believe someone is being racist, please report it and I, or a moderator can deal with it - there are only 3 of us so it can be extremely difficult to read every single post; some might just go under the radar! We don't tolerate racism, so please report the posts and they should be dealt with if they break the rules.

Sorry, I forgot it's the Content Design team's job to say listen to HabboxLive or go to the Help Desk (they would advertise the Wiki more than the radio this is just an example) - likewise I forgot it's the HabboxLive team's job to edit Wiki pages on furniture and features on the hotel. Oh that's right, it isn't! Yeah you get some people who will advertise, the event's team is great for this, but if they didn't do it for HabboxLive (and advertised for events things), would anything happen? Probably not. Yeah it's nice to advertise Habbox, it helps out a lot it really does, but it isn't compulsory, it's only advised!

HabboxLive DJs really should make use of other rooms (if they don't already), there are a lot of official rooms and even public rooms now - the Help Desk shouldn't be the place where all DJs congregate for their show as it doesn't improve much at all - you don't get many new people because they don't know what 'Habbox' is and they won't know because they don't want to go in the Help Desk/don't need help! Broaden where you advertise, it helps. Proof of this currently is DJ_Shadow;'s official room, due to something happening with big traders he now has one of the biggest forums on Habbo, in that a bot advertising Habbox and has brought a few people to Habbox. See Habbox always gets new people, just in ways that aren't done very often.

I've waffled on a lot, but long story short if you just stick to Habbox rooms, don't explore the hotel then how do you expect to gain more listeners?

Also, the forum allows some swearing, so does the radio, so I'm not sure where that comment's coming from!

Alkaz
01-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks for all your work, you'll be dearly missed </3

A
01-11-2015, 09:12 PM
Shame to see you go, thanks for all your hard work!

Shockwave.2CC
02-11-2015, 12:23 AM
Bye Bye

Martin
02-11-2015, 12:25 AM
https://youtu.be/kxjwb5cXTI0

Thanks for all of your work! :D

ToxicMint
02-11-2015, 12:56 AM
LMFAOOOO AT THIS I FORT THIS WAS A JOKE BUT PPL THE REPLIES HAVE CREASED ME.
I love a dramatic exit it's very me of you but but I totally agree with Absently; if u want the listeners u gotta put the effort there. Host your own events alongside your slots even if not staff. I wasn't staff but if numbers were low if put on a giveaway to boost it or host a quick event I put together people in help desk don't have to tune in ( I only tune in to djs I like cos they play good stuff *coff Yuxin; *coff) but Yh all in all goodbye etc X KIS X

Thordenhime
02-11-2015, 01:20 AM
LMFAOOOO AT THIS I FORT THIS WAS A JOKE BUT PPL THE REPLIES HAVE CREASED ME.
I love a dramatic exit it's very me of you but but I totally agree with Absently; if u want the listeners u gotta put the effort there. Host your own events alongside your slots even if not staff. I wasn't staff but if numbers were low if put on a giveaway to boost it or host a quick event I put together people in help desk don't have to tune in ( I only tune in to djs I like cos they play good stuff *coff Yuxin; *coff) but Yh all in all goodbye etc X KIS X

even tho ur an enormous ******** i still like u bcus u are honest and dont give a shit about any1s opinion i respect that

Gina
02-11-2015, 06:56 AM
Hey sorry its taken me so long to reply
wanted to say its a huge shame youre going because you are a really fab DJ
listeners I know are a huge stress and its so difficult because I want to spend time getting them up but at the same time I've also got 2 jobs and a levels which isi why its so hard
(I have told management ok and I've told them to boot me if they find someone better etc)
like Ste said though to get listeners we all do our own thing atm and it can work well. Sometimes people in HxHD will willingly tune in and sometimes people wont and thats just how it is.
Same way as a lot of the DJs don't go into HxHD to populate a lot of the time unless they're on air. Not saying they have to or anything, but it's the same way. I know that you may go in and do it yourself, but there are some staff members who will tune in as well.
for some reason i started adding in grammar and idk why
just to quote joe

For the majority of our users, we are all here because we don't love Habbo, but because we do actually love the fansite and enjoy socializing as we've all got friends here and people we like, etc.
this is def my fave quote evs +rep

I hope you enjoyed the time you had here and met some nice people though! It is a genuine shame and I wish you best luck in the future x
p.s PLEASE STOP SNAPCHATTING ME STUFF YOURE PUTTING ON YOUR STORY ANYWAY pls pls it drives me mental

GoldenMerc
02-11-2015, 07:06 AM
Total nobody so unsure why your demanding people to do things like tune in etc. Bye

ToxicMint
02-11-2015, 08:03 AM
even tho ur an enormous ******** i still like u bcus u are honest and dont give a shit about any1s opinion i respect that

lmfao yes errything gets oh so serious around these parts i aint the time for it, atleast your free of comittment for now :)

David
02-11-2015, 11:23 AM
bye mike

Rachel
02-11-2015, 06:01 PM
It takes time and effort nevertheless shame people just leave cuz of this....

Empired
02-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Total nobody so unsure why your demanding people to do things like tune in etc. Bye
Even you once started out here as a total nobody, ross! How is Habbox ever supposed to grow if all newcomers are shunned for being new but still wanting a voice? Hope you see what I mean :P

I agree with the weirdness of "demanding" people to tune in though. People tune in because they want to listen to someone FUN and personal (something they won't be able to find out elsewhere). If you're then attacking people for not wanting to tune in they're automatically going to assume you're no fun on the show either.
You need to stop worrying about how many listeners you get and just focus on enjoying yourself on air. If you enjoy yourself you will instantly become a better DJ and more people will want to tune into you. It's a positive reinforcement cycle, see? Just like you are (or rather, used to be) stuck in a terrible cycle of being grumpy because no one would tune in so you're grumpy on air so no one wants to tune in.

Kyle
03-11-2015, 01:22 AM
Sorry, I forgot it's the Content Design team's job to say listen to HabboxLive or go to the Help Desk
it should be.

Samantha
03-11-2015, 01:38 AM
it should be.

It shouldn't be compulsory to, especially for a department that doesn't require being on Habbo constantly; it should always be advised though. I said advised more for the fact say you're hosting an event, yeah an Events Organiser usually says tune in/sign up etc., but if they can't do it, or forget to they then shouldn't be penalised for that if that makes sense?

Katy
03-11-2015, 01:58 AM
bye

FlyingJesus
03-11-2015, 06:16 AM
it should be.

Guy who (as HxHD manager) said that community departments have nothing to do with bolstering off-Habbo activity now states that off-Habbo departments should be bolstering community activity*+*+*+*+*+ that's evolution

Let's all just help each other and be lovely
https://media.giphy.com/media/RxnWj5v5GwJcA/giphy.gif

Kyle
03-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Guy who (as HxHD manager) said that community departments have nothing to do with bolstering off-Habbo activity now states that off-Habbo departments should be bolstering community activity*+*+*+*+*+ that's evolution

Let's all just help each other and be lovely
https://media.giphy.com/media/RxnWj5v5GwJcA/giphy.gif
When have I ever said this

FlyingJesus
03-11-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=830109

Kyle
03-11-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=830109
Seems to be some misinterpretation here. I noted that (the steep drop in) forum activity had little to do with event popularity - not that interdepartmental promotion wasn't important.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!