PDA

View Full Version : AS Biology

Gina
17-11-2015, 12:24 AM
ok so kirst n I are forever discussing our biology but we arent on habbo at same time rly
so gonna make a thread Kirst; feel free to join in tho if u done/doing biology
i shall post tomorrow cos i have biology then
ye if you doing it what exam board n whatev u doing??
im doing the new ocr one so my exam this yr doesnt even count towards final grade its lit a mock other than ucas points
cri
meaning i hv to do a lot of revision at end of 2 yrs lmao jheez
what are u doing?? do u find it ok???
atm we doing the heart and we're doing dna replication (well just did)
done microscopy, organelles, biology molecules and now dna
this will acc be used 2 discuss tho n remind ourselves of our biology its ok before i forget everything bc im useless and need help with everything hahaha
but ye !!

Red
17-11-2015, 12:34 AM
Lmao its so helpful talking it through with someone!! My class wanted to do a study group but most of us all live quite a distance from each other. We have done biological molecules, water potential/osmosis, enzymes, cells/organelle, mitosis/meoisis. Today we were doing Sna replication. Looks like thy have taken away transcription and translation from this spec or my teacher didn't cover it lmao. Legit not a baldy about this stuff e covered tonight. microsatellite repeat sequences and single nucleotide polymorphisms. aaaaaa

Gina
17-11-2015, 12:38 AM
we did nucleotides but we didnt do polymorphisms
not done mitosis or meosis yet but we're getting to that i think
not done enzymes really either
the only thing weve done that includes enzymes is bout golgi body and how it modifies n can use enzymes n whatev
and a lysosome with hydrolytic?? i think enyzmes in like digestive enzymes but we hvnt done anything specifically yet

Red
17-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Enzymes wasn't too bad. We did their structure, how the catalyse reactions, activation energy, how they are affected by temprature, ph, enzyme and substrate concentration, co factors, coenzymes and then immobilised enzymes. Dont think I did enzymes for golgi ahh! We just learnt that carbohydrate was added to the protein to from glycoproteins?

Gina
18-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Enzymes wasn't too bad. We did their structure, how the catalyse reactions, activation energy, how they are affected by temprature, ph, enzyme and substrate concentration, co factors, coenzymes and then immobilised enzymes. Dont think I did enzymes for golgi ahh! We just learnt that carbohydrate was added to the protein to from glycoproteins?

ok so today we did the stuff you arent doing
did bout DNA mRNA rRNA tRNA
did transcription and translation
you dont have to do that tho do you? its not toooo bad but bit confusing
tRNA has the anticodon doesnt it?? rRNA is the codon where its in the 3 things ?? cant even remember

Cerys
18-11-2015, 12:18 AM
omg i cant remember any of this
i did it last year and got As in every mock i did and then came out with a D in the final exam...was the biggest slap in the face ever xo

im good on loads of stuff (just not what you're doing now hahaha) so tag me maybe when you need help next if kirst can't help wooo

Red
18-11-2015, 01:15 AM
Yea I did it on the old spec but now it's been moved to a2!

Drew
18-11-2015, 08:39 AM
I did AS and A2 Biology 5 years ago and am still doing some genomics stuff in uni if you need help with those :)

Kyle
18-11-2015, 06:12 PM
yall should watch once upon a time they have episodes on every aspect of biology in english

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpchye1X_Rs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!