PDA

View Full Version : Degree Dilemma - Ends 28th January

Absently
20-01-2016, 05:02 PM
http://v6.habbox.com/text/livros/10/Degree Dilemma

I'm currently studying for an exam (or should I say procrastinating) and I'm finding it quite difficult! I always thought studying the course I loved would be amazing, but that is simply not true. I seem to have a lot of modules that I have no interest in and it can get really boring.

This is when my mind starts to wander and I begin to look at other degrees that could take me on a completely different career path, preferably an easy one. My university has quite a lot of courses to offer and there are plenty questionable, like Golf Management. Another strange course I have heard of is that you can apparently study Elvish! Hopefully, there is plenty of job openings for both courses!

For this competition, I want you to tell me the strangest university degree you have heard of and what future career would be available from it!

Prize: 10 Credits & 15 Rep

Elegance
23-01-2016, 12:21 AM
A lovely new competition for all to enter x

Curlz
24-01-2016, 11:20 AM
There's a degree to learn Elvish language from Lord of the rings.. I'm pretty sure that will just make them bigger nerds than it being useful in a job!

Meanies
24-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Ethical Hacking
"This 4-year course will teach you everything you need to know about computer hacking today. With an 88% employment or further study rate, this course seems to be a wise choice. Students on this intriguingly titled ethical hacking course are taught about the latest tools and techniques to break into web servers, steal information and remotely control someone's computer. It may sound a little unorthodox, but as the university describes it, 'it takes a thief to catch a thief'. The aim of the course is to provide students with knowledge of how illegal attacks can be performed – and ultimately, how they can be stopped."

I assume it'll let you get into some kind of security role at the end of it and make systems to stop them hackas

Yupt
24-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Pretty sure you can do "David Beckham studies" at certain universities.

Guess you could write biographies and news articles regarding him and the beckham family. could create a new colouring in book just for his various hairstyles.

Alysha
24-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Puppet Arts

make a couple of puppets, become the next Punch and Judy. Live the dream.

BreakfastBacon
24-01-2016, 08:53 PM
The Joy of Garbage (Santa Clara University)

Binmen :P

Matt
26-01-2016, 03:34 AM
Ethical Hacking
University of Abertay Dundee

how to hack a computer

ha2thesad
27-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Yacht Operations
South Devon College

studying Yacht Operations at South Devon College will teach you how to navigate, maintain a boat and give you the deets on offshore expeditions.

Cerys
28-01-2016, 12:06 AM
'Viticulture and Oenology'

Studying grape growing and wine production so yknow, you can get a job making wine

useful to drink away your sorrows via homemade wine when you realise all the debt you got from studying it at uni x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!