PDA

View Full Version : What is your preferred method of travel?

Samantha
29-01-2016, 11:46 PM
How do you prefer to travel? Until I was around 18/19 I had literally been on a train once a few years previously, but since then I've been on them to Scarborough, Manchester, Sheffield etc. and I love it! I haven't had the courage or need to travel via train on my own yet, but I'm very tempted just to go to Taco Bell. My other preferred method is being in a car, I don't drive and I always sit in the back seat as if my mum or sister are in the car I have to sit in the back anyway.

So overall, trains are probably my preferred method although sometimes they can be really expensive. I haven't been on a train since November though when I went to see Imagine Dragons in Leeds.

Futz
30-01-2016, 02:00 AM
Right now, motorbike

I'll usually look for errands to run sometimes just so I can go for a ride and be somewhat productive.
I want to go to Scotland this year, just need the weather to get a bit better

I do really like trains though, very cosy and I like staring out of the window into the abyss

Expling
30-01-2016, 10:03 AM
ooh ah erm
i have never actually been on a 'real' train except for one when I went to albania which was a slow one so you could see the views and then the one at an airport which took you to different gates and stuff

but i do like planes, they're really cool imo
just so easy and you're actually really safe
plus i just love looking out the window at the views... best feeling ever knowing you're going somewhere special too!

buttons
30-01-2016, 11:18 AM
I'll usually look for errands to run sometimes just so I can go for a ride and be somewhat productive.

i do that with my car
car is deffo best when you're driving cause u get to listen to ur own music n not be bothered by anyone else u have to share transport with

Kellie
30-01-2016, 03:24 PM
Driving because you're all chilled whilst jamming to music. Would of said planes because I do love flying but all that hassle beforehand is effort

Prosiary
30-01-2016, 03:32 PM
I prefer trains if i'm going liverpool/manc or anywhere like that.

I prefer getting the bus to college over getting a lift by my dad because traffic is horrendous near college.

Martin
30-01-2016, 03:35 PM
If it's somewhere quite far then I prefer the train

If its somewhere close, somewhere I've driven before or Cardiff then I prefer driving

If its to Uni then I prefer walking (parking is crap at Uni)

Neptupid
30-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Trains forever <3

Jurv
30-01-2016, 10:39 PM
I love travelling in a car but I don't drive so it depends on my mates lol

I get the bus into uni and travelling into town or back to Manchester from uni I'd get the train

welshcake
31-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Car for me
I hate the bus and the train. I haven't been on a bus or a train in ages
I honestly can't think of the last time

dbgtz
31-01-2016, 01:07 AM
Does walking count? I would say walking if so. Though I absolutely love some train services. They can be so calm and relaxing, but it depends on the time of day and which service it actually is.

Empired
31-01-2016, 01:11 AM
If somewhere is within walking distance then I always like to walk - love being able to put headphones in and just get into a rhythm. I wish I could walk everywhere ugh but we live too far outside the city.

So when not walking probably car tbh because it costs me more to take the bus into town than to go by car plus you can just pop shopping in the boot instead of having to lug it to the bus stop, sit with it on the bus, and then drag it 15 mins walk home (only time I don't like walking when I'm walking from the bus stop to home).

sex
31-01-2016, 01:22 AM
i like to have orphans carry me around wherever i want to go

-:Undertaker:-
31-01-2016, 06:26 PM
i like the train or my bike

Alysha
31-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Car all the way. You are in charge of where you go that way, and you get there quicker than if you walk. ;)

welshcake
31-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Car all the way. You are in charge of where you go that way, and you get there quicker than if you walk. ;)
I don't actually think i've ever seen you walk ever

Alysha
31-01-2016, 11:34 PM
I don't actually think i've ever seen you walk ever
Oh yea, because you walk everywhere :/

welshcake
31-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Oh yea, because you walk everywhere :/
yes
you use a segway round the house
i walk around the house
:)))

Alysha
31-01-2016, 11:36 PM
yes
you use a segway round the house
i walk around the house
:)))

hahahahaha you're so funny. I can't even afford a Segway :/

despect
28-01-2017, 02:21 PM
I quite like train or tram :)

Chris
28-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Walk if possible, if not then car because its often quicker and cheaper than the train.

nat965
28-01-2017, 07:48 PM
I like to ride a bike most places, if not, train or bus.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!