PDA

View Full Version : What team/players do you support and why?

Samantha
03-02-2016, 12:01 PM
I only 'support' in a few sports/games really, but I do like watching a lot of sports when they're on even though I don't necessarily follow the players.

Most of those I like are influenced by my parents anyway.

Football is Manchester United, rugby is Castleford Tigers and Featherstone Rovers, in darts I hope Phil Taylor wins and Djokovic or Andy Murray in tennis. Then England in universal meetings. That's really the only ones I watch and follow sometimes, I'm not the biggest sports fan so sometimes I don't mind as much if they don't win.

Kellie
03-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Only really follow a team with football and that's also Manchester United :)

David
03-02-2016, 07:34 PM
real madrid

FlyingJesus
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Chelsea, don't really care about other sports and def not enough to support a team

j0rd
03-02-2016, 10:11 PM
chelsea
scarlets
mvg

Shockwave.2CC
09-02-2016, 01:17 AM
Football UK: Leicester City
Soccer USA: Orlando City
Rugby: Leicester Tigers
American Football: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Basketball: Orlando Magic
Baseball: Tampa Bay Rays
Hockey: Florida Panthers

Nick
09-02-2016, 05:26 AM
real madrid

madrids manager

i follow the cowboys in rugby league cause i live in their hometown so everyone goes nuts about it when they play

Matt
09-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I guess I support the local WA AFL teams whenever they play against any other interstate teams

Hannah
09-02-2016, 12:41 PM
I don't really, I guess England in football and rugby should be one.

Spurs above the average for other football, but that's about it.

David
09-02-2016, 02:33 PM
madrids manager

i follow the cowboys in rugby league cause i live in their hometown so everyone goes nuts about it when they play

i am madrids manager

Kasabian
10-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Football I support AFC Telford United, and follow several teams around the world(Orlando City, Cobresal[Chile], Novara[Italy], Tigres[Mexico] and a few others). Basketball is Toronto Raptors and NFL is Cincinnati Bengals.

RuthOnToast
10-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Well I only support a football team and that's Sheffield united mainly because my mum does and my dad was Wednesday support
so think we just did it to annoy him tbh

Zak
11-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Leicester Tigers : Rugby
Leicester City : Football

I was born in Leicester lol

lucaskf390
20-02-2016, 08:04 PM
American Football: New England Patriots
Tennis: Roger Federer
Premier League: Liverpool
NBA: Miami Heat

Enviado de meu GT-I8200L usando Tapatalk

someboyrafa
21-02-2016, 11:57 PM
only really follow football and support Newcastle.

Bionic...
26-02-2016, 11:40 PM
Warrington wolves in rugby league! :)

FlyingJesus
27-04-2016, 08:22 AM
Thought this could be interesting just to see who holds what allegiance :P and added the "AND WHY?" because almost everyone I know who has a particular team tends to be a supporter either because it was the first team they ever heard of or their family support them, so wondered if anyone has a more interesting story to tell.

For me, it's Chelsea in football ... because they were the first team I ever heard of. At a time when I hadn't even played a single game of football in my life I asked a friend at school who he supported, and he said Chelsea (he supports them as a family thing) so I just said yeah me too and here we are 20 years later.

In terms of solo athletes, no-one really springs to mind that I particularly care about but I do quite like Djokovic, dunno why he just seems cool

Threads merged by Flairr (Trialist Forum Moderator): I have merged your thread with another of the same topic.

David
27-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Real Madrid, it was the team me and my brother used to play as on all the games when we were younger, like 7/8 for me
my family used to try and force Rangers on to me because they all support them but I was like lolnothx

for individual players, i may be bias but i think Jesé is incredible, love it when he gets a lot of minutes like recently. great player to watch.

Prosiary
27-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Manchester United, grew up watching them all the time, all my household supports them, for individual football player(s) I do like watching the likes of Ronaldo and Messi but at the moment the individual I like watching the most recently has to be Martial, he's been out of this world recently and is just carrying our team.

I support Murray in Tennis, Hamilton in F1 and that's it.

Zak
27-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Leicester Tigers & Leicester City because I was born in Leicester.

I don't follow football like I do rugby though.

SackRace
29-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Glasgow Rangers is the team for me. Live 40 minutes from the stadium & my baby sitter when I was younger was Rangers mad and so was her boyfriend and I think thats how I got into it :D Been a season ticket holder for 6 years now and it is a real joy going to a place where I refer to as my "second home". Proud to also say I have followed them in their darkest moments as 4 years ago we were demoted to the bottom tier of Scottish football.

In terms of a player I support it will need to be Lee Wallace. A true sportsman. Risked the chance of gaining international football by playing for Rangers in the lower leagues who is now, rightly so, captain.

Sixtiess
23-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Die hard Liverpool fan.

Also follow Watford 😊

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!