PDA

View Full Version : Please take my questionnaire! (18+) [+rep]

Mr-Trainor
09-02-2016, 10:51 AM
So as some of you may know, I'm in my final year of my university course and unfortunately that means a compulsory Final Year Project/Dissertation. My project surrounds the topic of Contactless Payments (prior knowledge of the topic is not necessary; definitions are provided), and I've created a questionnaire to go along with it. It will take 4-7 mins to complete and your time would be very much appreciated :D!

You guys helped me out a great deal when I completed an EPQ in college a few years back, so although the forum isn't quite as active these days I thought it'd still be worth a try! Please note though, that university policy means you must be at least 18 years of age to take part in the questionnaire.

You can access the questionnaire HERE (http://goo.gl/forms/3P5JL5GTJg). Post below if you've competed it and/or if you have any feedback/questions. Many thanks in advance :).

Matt
09-02-2016, 11:01 AM
submitted my responses! Goodluck with it :)

Mr-Trainor
09-02-2016, 11:03 AM
submitted my responses! Goodluck with it :)
Thank you very much :D!

Alysha
09-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Done :)

Hannah
09-02-2016, 12:40 PM
I've completed, good luck :)

xxMATTGxx
09-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Just done it :D

Drew
09-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Done, good luck :)

Kellie
09-02-2016, 01:26 PM
All done :)

FlyingJesus
09-02-2016, 01:34 PM
All done! I actually used my card contactless for the first time in months yesterday, usually just forget that it can even do it :P

Joe
09-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Done for you!

lemons
09-02-2016, 02:09 PM
all done

Misawa
09-02-2016, 04:19 PM
There you go.

Mr-Trainor
09-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks so much everyone :D!

All done! I actually used my card contactless for the first time in months yesterday, usually just forget that it can even do it :P
Haha funnily enough I don't have one myself, but rather I use Apple Pay :P. But yeah sometimes I go to use my normal chip-and-pin card then I'm like oh wait do you accept contactless?! Just need to get used to it I guess!

Alkaz
09-02-2016, 05:46 PM
Done!

Idk if this is any help to you or what ever but where I work, we have Apple pay signs up so people know they can pay this way. A lot of people still don't realise that their cards are contactless but recently I have noticed that when our members of the golf club use either their phones or watches to make contactless payments at the bar, you see other people in the bar trying to download apps on their phone and then when they come back to the bar the use their app to pay for the round of drinks. It is interesting that from my point of view, people only seem to use these methods when they see others using them.

buttons
09-02-2016, 07:46 PM
done

Inseriousity.
09-02-2016, 08:33 PM
done. lmao I can't be the only young person to stick with cash right?

also that mobile phone question didnt have a 'don't have a mobile phone' option so I just put unsure even though I'm definitely sure I don't have one

Samantha
09-02-2016, 08:38 PM

also that mobile phone question didnt have a 'don't have a mobile phone' option so I just put unsure even though I'm definitely sure I don't have one

I used to stick with cash until around a year and half ago - I will still use cash first if I have it in my bag, but I generally use my card now! I've had a bank card since I was around 16 and I never used to have it on me, always gave it to my dad as when I got EMA I gave it to them and I didn't really spend anything; oh how times have changed :P.

Done the questionnaire for you Luke.

scottish
09-02-2016, 10:04 PM
depends what I'm doing depends if I use cash or card

I'd never use contactless card tho, prefer chip & pin.

Most shopping I do I'll use card, petrol I'll use cash.

lawrawrrr
09-02-2016, 11:34 PM
If places didn't have a £5 spend limit on card I'd pretty much never carry cash. I usually take out £20 at a time and it lasts me 2-3 weeks for extra bits (taxis, few sweets here and there, gym if I go, lunch occasionally). I love contactless, it's so quick! I use that most of the times in shops with my debit card - unless they don't have the facilities too of course. My credit card is what I do the bulk of my regular shops on though and that's chip and pin.

But nah, hardly ever have cash. Don't really like carrying it around! Only time I have a fair bit is when I'm coming home from the bank with coins for the laundrette :')

Done the survey :)

j0rd
09-02-2016, 11:37 PM
submitted, good luck!

Mr-Trainor
10-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Thanks everyone :D!

Done!

Idk if this is any help to you or what ever but where I work, we have Apple pay signs up so people know they can pay this way. A lot of people still don't realise that their cards are contactless but recently I have noticed that when our members of the golf club use either their phones or watches to make contactless payments at the bar, you see other people in the bar trying to download apps on their phone and then when they come back to the bar the use their app to pay for the round of drinks. It is interesting that from my point of view, people only seem to use these methods when they see others using them.
Thanks for sharing, that's interesting for sure! I've seen people unaware of their ability to pay with other methods too, especially Apple Pay. That's kind of what I'm getting at with the section asking what mobile phone people have, followed by questioning whether they've used NFC Mobile Payments and the reasons why not - looking to see if they have a phone that supports it without being aware of it.

Oops, that's an oversight by me (A).

I used to stick with cash until around a year and half ago - I will still use cash first if I have it in my bag, but I generally use my card now! I've had a bank card since I was around 16 and I never used to have it on me, always gave it to my dad as when I got EMA I gave it to them and I didn't really spend anything; oh how times have changed :P.

Done the questionnaire for you Luke.

If places didn't have a £5 spend limit on card I'd pretty much never carry cash. I usually take out £20 at a time and it lasts me 2-3 weeks for extra bits (taxis, few sweets here and there, gym if I go, lunch occasionally). I love contactless, it's so quick! I use that most of the times in shops with my debit card - unless they don't have the facilities too of course. My credit card is what I do the bulk of my regular shops on though and that's chip and pin.

But nah, hardly ever have cash. Don't really like carrying it around! Only time I have a fair bit is when I'm coming home from the bank with coins for the laundrette :')

Done the survey :)
Funnily enough I gave the survey to my dad yesterday, and he came back to me saying he disagreed with everything because he says we should all still use cash :P. But yeah same for me regarding spending limits; that's the only time I use cash and it's annoying having to do so!

lawrawrrr
10-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Thanks everyone :D!

Thanks for sharing, that's interesting for sure! I've seen people unaware of their ability to pay with other methods too, especially Apple Pay. That's kind of what I'm getting at with the section asking what mobile phone people have, followed by questioning whether they've used NFC Mobile Payments and the reasons why not - looking to see if they have a phone that supports it without being aware of it.

Oops, that's an oversight by me (A).

Funnily enough I gave the survey to my dad yesterday, and he came back to me saying he disagreed with everything because he says we should all still use cash :P. But yeah same for me regarding spending limits; that's the only time I use cash and it's annoying having to do so!

Idk if it's just me but carrying around cash seems less safe than carrying around a card which has added protection of pins. I suppose contactless and online payments take away from it a bit but it's much easier to carry around one card definitely than tons of coins/notes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr-Trainor
10-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Idk if it's just me but carrying around cash seems less safe than carrying around a card which has added protection of pins. I suppose contactless and online payments take away from it a bit but it's much easier to carry around one card definitely than tons of coins/notes!

I completely agree! When I have like £100-200 or something on me just to travel 20 mins to the bank, it's on my mind the whole time. Then when I take it out of my wallet at the bank I don't feel completely safe showing it off, whereas I don't feel like that when carrying a (non-contactless) bank card.

scottish
10-02-2016, 01:35 PM
I don't see how cash is unsafe tho?

If someone's going to pull out a knife and ask you for your £300 then they're just as likely to force you to the bank and take out the £300 at ATM?

I used to always walk about with 300+ on me and never thought about it once.

Maybe if you're talking about someone pick pocketing you or something then okay, but if someone is wanting your money by force it'll end up same both ways.

lawrawrrr
10-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Yeah I meant pickpocketing or when you see people beaten up at nightclubs for their wallets, not forced extraction from an account. I've only ever walked around with over £50 once when I was paying my house deposit (£400) and although it was a 5 minute walk I felt like I had a neon sign over my head saying THIS WOMAN IS CARRYING LOTS OF CASH even though it's clearly not obvious to anyone else.

I'm not saying cash isn't safe though, I'm just saying I feel more secure with a card

Red
10-02-2016, 03:57 PM
I did it. :) Don't like contactless because hate the idea that people can go into shop after shop and use small amounts! I carry about max 20 as when you have money you are more likely to spend it I find and also the thought of losing it/getting it stolen. Also like using card because then you always have a record of buying something incase you lost the receipt or something.

Mr-Trainor
10-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Yeah like @lawrawrrr (http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=61966); said I'm not saying whether cash is safer or not, it's just that I don't feel as safe when I'm carrying a large amount of cash on me as opposed to carrying a debit card.

I did it. :) Don't like contactless because hate the idea that people can go into shop after shop and use small amounts! I carry about max 20 as when you have money you are more likely to spend it I find and also the thought of losing it/getting it stolen. Also like using card because then you always have a record of buying something incase you lost the receipt or something.
Thanks! And that's a good point about being able to keep track of purchases and spending habits too!

Mr-Trainor
22-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Questionnaire closed - thanks again to everyone who participated! I managed to reach 140 responses in total and couldn't have done it without you :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!