PDA

View Full Version : If you could commit a murder, would you?

GoldenMerc
02-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Seen as the new Purge is out soon, it made me think. If you could commit a murder, legally once a year.

Would you? If so why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingJesus
02-03-2016, 11:46 AM
No I don't see any possible bonus I or anyone else could get out of that. It's a lot more than just the law that stops people from killing

-:Undertaker:-
02-03-2016, 12:16 PM
no as i believe in innocence until proven guilty and trial by jury.

but if the question were could i excute those convicted my murder? it'd be my pleasure.

Cerys
02-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Ummm I always say like 'oh if someone did something awful to me and my family I'd happily kill them' but when it actually gets down to it I don't think I could bring myself to do it.
I think to actually kill someone you need a level of evil inside you like you'd actually need to be a tad psychotic imo

Empired
02-03-2016, 01:48 PM
No way. I'm a strong believer in every life being equal no matter what a person's done. I also believe most people who say they would, would not be able to do it when it actually got down to it.

buttons
02-03-2016, 04:09 PM
ngl ive wondered what itd be like. maybe if i have like a day to live but then i don't wanna go to hell. although like empired said if it came down to it, i probably wouldn't be able to.

Empired
02-03-2016, 04:26 PM
maybe if i have like a day to live
sorry this might end up coming off like I'm attacking you personally but it's bc I remember we've had threads similar to this before and I think that idea of having a day to live was brought up before and I've always wondered

how does having a day to live change anything? why would anyone think their life ending soon gives them a free pass to end the lives of anyone they fancy just because they can't be punished for it?

Like, my main reasoning behind never wanting to end another human being's life is because I know that if our situations were reversed it would be so, so unfair for someone else to kill me just because they fancy it and can get away with it without getting in any legal trouble. Does that thought not bother anyone else?

yh again soz that was aimed at habboxforum in general rather than at you jen

GoldenMerc
02-03-2016, 04:38 PM
But do you think your views would change for instance if they harmed / murdered one of your close family?

buttons
02-03-2016, 04:54 PM
sorry this might end up coming off like I'm attacking you personally but it's bc I remember we've had threads similar to this before and I think that idea of having a day to live was brought up before and I've always wondered

how does having a day to live change anything? why would anyone think their life ending soon gives them a free pass to end the lives of anyone they fancy just because they can't be punished for it?

Like, my main reasoning behind never wanting to end another human being's life is because I know that if our situations were reversed it would be so, so unfair for someone else to kill me just because they fancy it and can get away with it without getting in any legal trouble. Does that thought not bother anyone else?

yh again soz that was aimed at habboxforum in general rather than at you jen
well it's hard to explain but i do wonder what it'd feel like simply because it's taboo, it's kind of like those 'intrusive thoughts' where you think "oh i could swerve my car and hurt someone". the only reason i, and probably others, wonder what it would be like is because we're not SUPPOSED TO do it. i don't think it gives you a free pass to do it but the point is you're dying soon so although you'll feel guilty for taking an innocent (or maybe not innocent) life, you don't need to live with the guilt for long (unless you go to hell). am not saying i have a desire to murder someone because i wouldn't if it was legal to, it's just that taboo and intrusive thoughts really and re your: every life is equal, i don't really believe that and i find it hard that anyone would put my life on the same level as someone like my brother, who has every charge except murder pretty much. sometimes people murder innocent people just because they want to and that's just life IMO.

Empired
02-03-2016, 05:27 PM
well it's hard to explain but i do wonder what it'd feel like simply because it's taboo, it's kind of like those 'intrusive thoughts' where you think "oh i could swerve my car and hurt someone". the only reason i, and probably others, wonder what it would be like is because we're not SUPPOSED TO do it. i don't think it gives you a free pass to do it but the point is you're dying soon so although you'll feel guilty for taking an innocent (or maybe not innocent) life, you don't need to live with the guilt for long (unless you go to hell). am not saying i have a desire to murder someone because i wouldn't if it was legal to, it's just that taboo and intrusive thoughts really and re your: every life is equal, i don't really believe that and i find it hard that anyone would put my life on the same level as someone like my brother, who has every charge except murder pretty much. sometimes people murder innocent people just because they want to and that's just life IMO.
Ye I know, most people don't agree with me on the whole equal life thing but I believe really strongly in it. Obviously though if it came down to a "it was either me or them" situation I do often wonder what I would do... I know what I hope I'd do but I don't know if they'd end up being the same thing.

thms
02-03-2016, 05:50 PM
But do you think your views would change for instance if they harmed / murdered one of your close family?

i've never lost anybody to anything like that but i can imagine it being such a horrible thing to go through. would that make me want to see that said person punished? yes, but murdered by me or someone else in my family if it was legal? not so much. that wouldn't make me not grieve anymore nor would it bring the deceased back to life

scottish
02-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Seen as the new Purge is out soon, it made me think. If you could commit a murder, legally once a year.

Would you? If so why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no cause someone could kill you on that free day??

but i wouldn't have a need to

if someone murdered close family then I wouldn't need to wait on a free day

dbgtz
02-03-2016, 07:48 PM
If others could come for me, then I'd probably be more focused on hiding and defending myself to be honest. I probably wouldn't try to kill someone either, since there's nobody I really dislike enough at this point in time and there's still the risk it would backfire.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wonder what it's like to be the person who executes criminals.

despect
27-01-2017, 05:37 PM
If it was someone who hurt my family or friends id like to think I would whether I'd be able to go through with it a different matter..

Catchy
29-01-2017, 12:13 AM
no i genuinely wouldnt be able to live myself, i have been having a really strange dream which is so real and basically in these dreams I've murdered somebody and I wake up not knowing if it was real or what and feel so much guilt!!!

Landon
29-01-2017, 09:49 PM
I'd have that weight on my back - not a good feeling. So nope.

Neptupid
30-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Commit a murder in one day and then have to deal with possible guilt regret and fear that alone is my reason not to murder. You can't guess the amount of guilt you'll feel every day and by the look of murder documentaries the guilt ends up destroying you.

MKR&*42
30-01-2017, 01:59 PM
There is perhaps only one person I could ever consider murdering, and if it were legal I would maybe consider it a great deal.

Whether I actually would, is another question. Probably not.

Akeel
05-03-2017, 09:27 AM
It depends. If they do something unforgivable or something then potentially.. Not for a petty reason though because even if it was legal the guilt will bury you in a New York minute. x

Sho
05-03-2017, 09:38 PM
no i could never. i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i did

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!