PDA

View Full Version : Helloo!

M4ttTf
03-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Hello there!

My names Matt (There's too many Matt's at Habbox...) and I'm 16. I joined, officially, 1st or 2nd of April, but I had been a long-time listener for a while, just never really got that involved. I'd been wanting to join in and get noticed within Habbox for a while, and i'd considered joining and signing up for a staff position for a while aswell. I was just .. I'm not sure really. I had fears I wouldn't be accepted and all that nonsense. Anyway I finally stopped digging myself into a hole, put down my shovel and applied. I applied to trial for Content Design, and hopefully i'll be joining most of you if I do get put on a trial very soon.

I've been posting small-ish little comments here and there within the past day or two to try and get a little more comfortable with the forums and how everything works in terms of rules and how everyone is. I've used and developed forums such as vBulletin, another being XenForo, before so the technical stuff isn't really that much of an issue. So, Not much else to say honestly. To finish off though, here's a little bullet pointed list with some facts about myself.

Thanks for reading! I hope to be speaking to you all quite soon. :)

M4ttTf's Fact File

I enjoy performing
I perform at a variety of venues with a local Youth Centre, consisting of over 100 young people from the age of 11 to 21. I've performed in Bonnie & Clyde, Big the Musical and we are now working on West Side Story.
I also enjoy all aspects of science, H&SC, ICT and Drama
I am aiming to enter a career pathway to go into Pathology.
I want to go into 1 of 3 different branches of Pathology: Histopathology (Study of disease), Immunology (Study of human immune system) or Medical Microbiology/Virology (Study of infection)
To go along with that, I also am looking to enter a career pathway to start me off in Paediatric Psychology.
I am hoping to enter more than one department in Habbox in the future. Competitions, HabboxLive and Articles are all some main interests of mine.
If you have any questions to ask me, comment! I'll answer them! I don't mind what's asked. :)

Empired
03-04-2016, 09:36 PM
You repped me earlier! Thank you :)

what about paediatric psychology specifically? I'm fascinated by the learning and education process in early years and I'm very interested in the effect the english education system has on early development, but sadly I'm not smart enough for that to be anything more than an interest :(

Welcome to habboxforum x I hope to see you post around much more and maybe I'll see you in hxhd sometime.

welshcake
03-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the forum! A very interesting fact file
Hope to see you in the Articles department!!!

Martin
03-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Hey there Matt and welcome to the forum!! What a wonderful introduction! :D I'm very much into performance and musicals too, although mostly the orchestral and spectating sides of it! :D Your career pathway sounds amazing!

It sometimes takes a while to get used to everything and joining a new community can be daunting at first, but the majority of people here are super nice and will endeavour to make you feel welcome.

Best of luck with content if you get a trial- will be great having you on the staff team. It's wonderful to hear you have an interest for writing articles too! We're super flexible in the articles department and allow our writers to be creative in writing about things they enjoy or are passionate about. If ever you want any more information about the department or anything else Habbox related just send me a visitor message! :D

Once again welcome to the forum and I hope you have a fantastic time! :)

Cody
03-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the forum!! :) I really hope you enjoy your stay!

M4ttTf
03-04-2016, 11:16 PM
You repped me earlier! Thank you :)

what about paediatric psychology specifically? I'm fascinated by the learning and education process in early years and I'm very interested in the effect the english education system has on early development, but sadly I'm not smart enough for that to be anything more than an interest :(

Welcome to habboxforum x I hope to see you post around much more and maybe I'll see you in hxhd sometime.

Yeah, I did! No problem - Always wanting to put a smile on someone's face if their post is worth it :P
Well Paediatric Psychology has always been an interest of mine, however I'd only just recently been looking into a career pathway into it. Paediatric Psychology its self is a multidisciplinary field of work, which studies the emotional, social and mental development of children through the prenatal and adolescent stages of life. As for what you mentioned, the effect of education would come into the majority of those quite well. You probably know most of what i'm telling you, but always trying to help. A few major topics of interest in this field of psychology include genetics, language development, personality, gender roles, cognitive development, sexual development and social growth. A lot of this also fits into what you said. Its a good point that you identified, I'll try to look further into it. :P
As for what you said following that, Never doubt yourself!!!! I didn't personally used to think I was clever at all. I still don't in some cases. xD Intelligence does not determine your future. Whether you're 30, 20, 15 or 10. It doesn't matter. You define your future - all it takes is hard work! :) Thank you for the welcome, and yeah I hope to see you soon too. :) x

Welcome to the forum! A very interesting fact file
Hope to see you in the Articles department!!!

Thank you. Yeah, I've been told many times my English skills were good. Its strange though, I usually say I hate English, but I've always enjoyed the creative writing side of it. Eh. :P I love writing articles as such though - You should be seeing me apply not long after my trial. Whether I pass or fail the content design one, I'll keep an eye on Articles. :P

Hey there Matt and welcome to the forum!! What a wonderful introduction! :D I'm very much into performance and musicals too, although mostly the orchestral and spectating sides of it! :D Your career pathway sounds amazing!

It sometimes takes a while to get used to everything and joining a new community can be daunting at first, but the majority of people here are super nice and will endeavour to make you feel welcome.

Best of luck with content if you get a trial- will be great having you on the staff team. It's wonderful to hear you have an interest for writing articles too! We're super flexible in the articles department and allow our writers to be creative in writing about things they enjoy or are passionate about. If ever you want any more information about the department or anything else Habbox related just send me a visitor message! :D

Once again welcome to the forum and I hope you have a fantastic time! :)

I'm so glad you're into the performance and musical type of things!! Spectating? Np. Come watch me. ;) (LOL Might die of embarrassment, but yanno!)
Yeah, It is quite daunting. I'm not very good with social situations, I get bad anxiety at some times with it, as many others do aswell, making it that extra little bit harder to do things like this, I'm glad I made a good impression though! Habbox seems like a great community!
As I said before, I was always told I'm great at English, just never believed it. I used to say I hated it aswell - but I always really enjoy the creative writing side of it. Not sure whether there's a type of role in the Article department that is dedicated to story writing or creative writing? If there is, Count me in. If not, Oh well. I can do a lot more than writing stories, don't you worry. :P

Thank you for your kind words. :P

Welcome to the forum!! :) I really hope you enjoy your stay!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to talking to you all soon!

Once again thank you all for your amazing comments. :)
[P.S. Got accepted for a Trial in Content Design. Woo! :D ]

Cody
03-04-2016, 11:49 PM
I just want to point out I love your positive energy!!! I love it!

M4ttTf
04-04-2016, 12:03 AM
I just want to point out I love your positive energy!!! I love it!
Hehe. Thank you. I'd hate to be a downer on people, so I'm always trying to seem happy. :P

despect
04-04-2016, 12:26 AM
Hiiii, youre such a lovely guy! Its great to see someones whos a breath of fresh air :D i hope to get to know you more. If you want to join HabboxLive just hit me up! xxx

M4ttTf
04-04-2016, 12:42 AM
Hiiii, youre such a lovely guy! Its great to see someones whos a breath of fresh air :D i hope to get to know you more. If you want to join HabboxLive just hit me up! xxx
Heyyyyy. Awh thank you. That actually means a lot to me. :P Same with you, Cody.
Its glad to know I've .. well it looks like I've made a good first impression.
One things for sure though. I gotta stop commenting on my own damn profile e.e Lmao

Chris
04-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Ooo what a detailed introduction! Welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit in perfectly :D

M4ttTf
04-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Ooo what a detailed introduction! Welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit in perfectly :D
Hehe. Hope so. Always like to be detailed :P Thanks!!

Martin
04-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm so glad you're into the performance and musical type of things!! Spectating? Np. Come watch me. ;) (LOL Might die of embarrassment, but yanno!)
Yeah, It is quite daunting. I'm not very good with social situations, I get bad anxiety at some times with it, as many others do aswell, making it that extra little bit harder to do things like this, I'm glad I made a good impression though! Habbox seems like a great community!
As I said before, I was always told I'm great at English, just never believed it. I used to say I hated it aswell - but I always really enjoy the creative writing side of it. Not sure whether there's a type of role in the Article department that is dedicated to story writing or creative writing? If there is, Count me in. If not, Oh well. I can do a lot more than writing stories, don't you worry. :P

Music is pretty much life to me! :P Although I'm doing my degree in education and sociology, music still plays a big part! :) Haha, I'm sure you will be performing in the west end before you know it! I haven't actually been to see a musical for ages! :'( I am in full blown eurovision mode at the moment then I'm sure I will switch back to musicals mode! :P

I totally get what you mean about the anxiety! I am probably the most shy person ever and suck at social situations. The fact that you're able to do performance and stuff though is great! :D When I first joined this forum I was a quiet, shy, nervous noob with no friends, and over the years I've been lucky enough to make some amazing friends who I've even got to meet up with in real life several times from all over the country! :D Some of which I now consider my best friends, and it's all thanks to Habbox! :D

In terms of articles, there's definitely plenty of scope to write creative stuff, be it short stories or just rants about stuff! We try to encourage people to be as creative as possible when writing articles about pretty much anything, being sure to add a personal touch etc. Things like music/film/book/tv reviews, countdowns, buzzfeed style articles, personal rambles- literally anything can be turned into an article! :D We're basically not only there to provide habbo/real life news, but also to act as a source of entertainment and interaction for people who may be viewing the site. :) So in terms of your question, story writing would be absolutely fine, although maybe short stories rather than full blown novels! :P Thanks for asking! :D

Hope you're still finding everything okay! :) I too think that you will fit in perfectly around here! :D

Lucy
04-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Hello and welcome! :)

Zak
06-04-2016, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the forum Matt :) we are all nice here - you will fit right in :)

Bionic...
07-04-2016, 11:35 AM
welcome !!

M4ttTf
07-04-2016, 01:56 PM
Thank you all! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!