PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Trauma - Ends 2nd June

!:random!:!
23-05-2016, 03:21 PM
http://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//2016/05/26/661f70aaf53ae9c6d1f43d3918f24cd1.gif
Over the weekend, I ended up in hospital with a severe allergic reaction to my eye from fake eyelash glue. I ended up with a bandage over my eye, leaving me looking like a pirate. It got me thinking about all the bizarre thing we end up in hospital with.

For this competition, I'd like you to tell me about a time that you, or someone you know, has ended up in hospital with a sudden injury.

Prize: 10 Credits, 2 Raffle Tickets and 15 Rep

M4ttTf
25-05-2016, 07:14 AM
My friend once got BBQ cleaning wires stuck in his stomach! Eek. Poor him.

Samantha
25-05-2016, 12:39 PM
I once stuck a travel chess piece up my nose and had to go to hospital and get it removed with scissors, I was only about 5/6 at the time and I blamed my sister for it (even though it wasn't her) and she only realised a couple of years ago that it wasn't her that did it.

_spirit
26-05-2016, 04:49 AM
When i was young i fell over on a stick and it went though my arm and i had to go into hospital and have a op to get it out.

Sixtiess
26-05-2016, 09:19 AM
When i was in Florida when i was about 8/9 my cousin got bit by a dolphin at sea world..

Had to get his finger all stitched up

Sent from my HUAWEI CRR-L09 using Tapatalk

SarahRose
26-05-2016, 09:29 AM
One of my friends fell down the stairs at work and broke her ankle. She has brittle bones so it was pretty bad. She had to have an operation and she ended up walking around in a massive boot for weeks. When she went back to have her cast removed she told them she'd been experiencing severe back pain. Turns out she'd been walking around with a broken back for 6 weeks without realising!

x-s-x
26-05-2016, 12:18 PM
When I was younger, I sat on the front of a bike whilst my eldest brother was riding it. We both fell off and my leg went straight into the spokes of the wheel and got stuck. My neighbour came out and had to cut my leg free and I was taken to hospital and had a bandage thing put on. I think I was 12 or something :/

FlyingJesus
01-06-2016, 09:40 AM
WELL earlier in the year I was wearing this totally classy ring that was a cheap stainless steel band with the Lord's Prayer written on it in Spanish (why not) that was like £2 from ebay and I was out at a pub quiz thing and it was reallyyyyy hot in there and my finger decided to swell up around the ring so I'm like ok let's pop to the gents and try to get it off with some cold water and soap but this was not working at all so I just went back to the quiz and let it go but it just kept swelling and by the time the quiz was finished it was so painful that I could hardly move my hand so very carefully drove to a friend's house who had said they'd take me to the hospital to have it cut off (the ring not my finger) but first her dad tried to break it off with with pliers and the pliers SNAPPED AND SHATTERED so off we went and after 4 hours waiting in A&E they bring out this tiny little rotating saw thing that looked like it couldn't cut paper and surprise surprise had no effect on 3mm thick steel despite several nurses trying the exact same thing and looking shocked when it didn't work so then they're like oh we have an electric cutter but we have no blades for it (?????????) so you'll have to go off to Brighton hospital because they have it there greattttttt so we go off to Brighton and it takes about an hour to get to the hospital there and on arrival they're like wtf we have never even heard of an electric ring cutter so they tried the same tool AGAIN but also decided to give me an anaesthetic injection because of all the pain and as soon as he did that my finger went blackkkkkkkk he literally goes "oh shit" and runs out of the room which inspired confidence but then he came back with a consultant who said it's fine I have like 2 hours until I lose my finger at which point I'm just like look I am bored and tired just cut my hand off whatever it had already been about 9 hours by this time and then after another hour or so trying to grind away at this thing and blunting about 7 shitty blades they rang up the fire station and we went there to see what they could do............. they brought out the same bloody ring cutter tool that everyone else had so we all had a tired giggle at that then they're like well we have cutting machines that would take it off in a second but it would also take your arm off which wasn't useful but they were lovely and got us coffee and found some hacksaw blades which had bigger teeth than the stupid ring cutters and so they set to work doing SHIFTS because it took so long to try cutting diagonally through the top of the ring because my finger was so swollen that it was tough to get an angle that wouldn't just saw my finger off and so after about two hours of this with short breaks so I could put a bag of frozen peas on my hand because all the sawing was making the ring reallllllllllly hot they finally broke through one side of the ring and although it still couldn't come off they managed to bend it enough to get a little bit of blood flow back into the finger which was the greatest feeling in the universe but then I had to spin the ring around so that the cut bit was on the bottom so that they could make another shearing and take it apart which was awful because I was literally dragging sharp metal in a circle around my swollen finger and then hooking a teaspoon under the ring so that the saw blade wouldn't go into my skin when they cut it meant that the sharp edges were being dug into the fleshy bit of my finger when they did the 2nd cut but luckily that didn't take quite so long somehow and FINALLY about 10 hours after turning up at the hospital I had 2 pieces of scored and scratched metal and a finger that looked like something off The Walking Dead and we all thanked the lovely firemen and bundled into the car to get home and I got in at like half 9 in the morning just as mum was about to go to Sainsburys and she asked if I was going with her to which I replied "no mother" and went to bed and it took like 3 or 4 weeks for my finger to heal and a couple of months to fully get sensation back in the tip but now I am perfect and whole once again THE END

Good story right all 1 sentence

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!