PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider yourself intelligent?

Bikini
16-06-2016, 05:51 AM
I know we all have our areas of expertise and there are some with more knowledge than the next person, but would you consider yourself smart/intelligent?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FlyingJesus
16-06-2016, 10:07 AM
The irony of this thread being made on an account you made by accident without realising :P

But yeah I'm intelligent, I know how to use rational thought and how to self educate if I come across something I don't know, and I enjoy learning. That said, I expect most people like to consider themselves above average and statistically we can't all be

Brad
16-06-2016, 11:28 AM
I didn't say I was intelligent. And making an account by accident isn't a lack of intelligence, it was a lack of awareness. But hey, what can I say, I posted this at like 2:30am my time... when I should have been sleeping. LOL

To go along with the thread; I know I'm not intelligent. Lol, I have my expertise definitely, but when it comes to a lot of other things I'm more of a person to ask questions, or I do the generic guess and check, if I am wrong, I am.

Joe
16-06-2016, 11:35 AM
I think I'm relatively intelligent but nothing extraordinary.

Empired
16-06-2016, 11:49 AM
My grades are usually above average but then most ppls seem to be somehow these days... not sure how that's supposed to work but yh lol. And I don't think grades show anything other than someone successfully remembering the facts that came up on one afternoon one summer.

I'm very good in some areas but remarkably stupid in others tbh :( Like everyone I suppose I'm a quick learner in things I'm interested in but sooo slow in things I find boring.

dbgtz
16-06-2016, 12:25 PM
I'd say I can understand most things very easily, but my ability to remember a lot of things is piss poor. So in some ways yes, in some ways no.

scottish
16-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Yes I would.

Cerys
16-06-2016, 12:42 PM
I'd say in terms of grades etc I'm way above average across the board and I can understand stuff if I put my mind to it.
I dunno, I think I just forget simple things easily if I don't keep at it. Like I'm decent at maths but I can't even do my 7 or 8 times tables hehe, or I'm good at chemistry but can't remember what the numbers mean on the periodic table

So what I'm trying to say I think is that I am intelligent and can apply my knowledge really well but the simpler things that allow me to apply it slip out of my mind v easily, making it seem like I'm dumber than I am

Elegance
16-06-2016, 01:23 PM
i think i'm intelligent to some extent but i just lack common sense and general knowledge lol, i'm definitely not extraordinarily gifted with intelligence

buttons
16-06-2016, 02:51 PM
ye same as everyone, sometimes i feel like everyone is smarter than me when i can't do simple things or when i watch game shows. other times i think am smarter than others. so yea, MOST of us have our areas of expertise

Inseriousity.
16-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Yes, it's one of the things I value in life so I do my best to learn new things, develop knowledge and understanding. I think I have a natural aptitude for critical analysis and thinking beyond the norm*

*If I sound so far up my ass here, that's because it is also one of my character flaws

Hannah
16-06-2016, 08:23 PM
I'm no genuis, but I am relatively intelligent and easily adaptable. Being intelligent isn't always a good thing, however.

Samantha
22-06-2016, 01:02 AM
I think it depends on the subject at hand, for example if someone asked me to name a country's capital city I probably could, but if someone asked me to name the singer of a certain song I couldn't! I wouldn't say I was extremely smart, but I'm smart enough to get by with certain things :P.

Jurv
22-06-2016, 10:38 AM
I would in certain subject areas but others not so much

Expling
22-06-2016, 02:42 PM
no im actually really dumb
but i like learning new things which are actually fascinating to learn about

Chris
22-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Fairly, but like everyone I have my strengths and weaknesses.

Kyle
22-06-2016, 11:47 PM
I won the mole and most knowledgeable member on this forum last year so yeah for sure, moreso than most of you scrubs anyways

JasonLeeKelk
24-06-2016, 10:49 PM
NEVER

Matt
25-06-2016, 12:02 AM
Nah I wouldn't

Zak
25-06-2016, 09:44 AM
No, I don't think I'm an idiot but I'm certainly not clever.

nat965
11-03-2017, 11:54 AM
In some ways I would say I am intelligent, but in other areas of knowledge, no.

Landon
15-03-2017, 12:32 AM
I am quite intelligent I'd say. Most say I'm very book smart.

despect
15-03-2017, 12:55 AM
Id say at certain things yes. I wouldnt say im dumb or anything theres just things I dont know that much about :P

Brad
15-03-2017, 01:23 AM
I'd like to say that I am. Intelligence is based on a lot of things. I am not book smart in any way, but I feel like I am Street smart and intelligent in ways that may not be the ideal form.... If that makes any sense.

LUCPIX
16-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Everyone has a good quantity of pre-installed intelligence inside our heads, the question is: do you think you are actually using it? lol
and the question is: how do you know when you're feeling intelligent?, because it's not like when you work hard at gym in 6 months and you start to check the results, the muscles, the stamina - after studying, reading or exercising your brain for 6 months you won't physically nor psychologically feel the differences because the intelligence you accumulated inside you is already a part of you and you can't notice or reverse that, get it? hahahah

Sometimes i feel i have fast solutions for tough problems or i can imagine things in a so-real way that it's almost like I could touch or eat the thing I'm imagining lol it's hard to say it's a special and rare thing because we can't feel or test the other people's brains so........... yeah huh

Matthew
16-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Yeah i would say so, I think i'm really quick to learn new stuff.

I have to be interested in it to want to learn it mind!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!