PDA

View Full Version : [Dev] Member of the Month Changes

Samantha
05-07-2016, 07:38 PM
http://habbox.com/assets/images//2016/03/26/294fc0688ad93bbd6a8cebb2e631c40e.png

We are half way through the year and we have decided to change the way Member of the Month works, making it more worthwhile to win and an esteemed title to have for the month!

Previously, a winner would be selected for every forum on Habbox, this included the quieter ones and Newcomer of the Month too. However, we found it increasingly difficult each month to choose someone different and the list was getting smaller and smaller.

What's New?

Instead of choosing a person for all the individual forums at Habbox, there will just be one member picked and they will be the 'Member of the Month'. This will be for the forum overall, so it's always best to keep busy in all the forums that way we notice you!

Additionally, we have decided that alongside the Member of the Month we shall have 'Honourable Mentions' for members too. Honourable Mentions are people who didn't make it to the top spot of Member of the Month, but they were pretty close. They can also be given for other reasons such as posting a really popular thread and reviving that forum (for example a popular graphics thread, but it isn't just limited to this) and also just showing that they are worthy of the Honourable Mention (which could be welcoming new members, offering them help etc. There's no end to what it could be awarded for, but it will only be awarded when we see fit!

From June, there will be one Member of the Month per month, but as for the Honourable Mentions there could be 0 one month and 5 the next, there isn't a limit on them!

What are the prizes?

Unlike Member of the Month before, the prizes will not work in stages and instead there will just be one bigger prize for whoever wins it each month.

The prize for Member of the Month will be, 500 Tokens, 100 Reputation Points, 5 Raffle Tickets, 1 Month Forum VIP and the Member of the Month award (this will be updated if you already have it).

The prize for Honourable Member will be, 250 Tokens, 50 Reputation Points and 1 Week Forum VIP.

Can I win more than once?

With the new version of Member of the Month, you can win it every other month (so if you won for June, you couldn't win for July, but could for August). So you could potentially win that great prize every other month! However, similarly to how I said there's no limit on Honourable Mentions, there's also no limit on the number of times you can win that. For example, you can win Honourable Mention in June, July and August and still receive the same prize. Although, if you won Honourable Mention for June, then Member of the Month for July, you could then win Honourable Mention for August as it requires no gaps between wins for them! It's only Member of the Month you can't win twice in a row.

If you believe I have missed anything, please contact me and suggest what else I could put into this thread!

Also, a special thank you to David; for submitting the idea of having one overall member a couple of months ago, I have awarded you with 200 Tokens as you already have the Forum Updates award!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!