PDA

View Full Version : Introducing TUTORIAL WRITERS!

Expling
24-07-2016, 06:20 PM
http://habbox.com/assets/images//6c04b419034b389c68e8f23f0d66c31d.png
Who doesn't love guides and tutorials? After much request from plenty of people, I have finally decided to introduce a new role which will specifically be aimed at people who enjoy writing guides. As competition with other fansites is increasing, I feel it's important to ensure we try to introduce new things to help and support new Habbos! Tutorial Writers will be managed by myself and be classed as Content Design Staff, however, their minimums and performance will be judged slightly differently - it's going to be a more relaxed role and people who fill it will be expected to complete roughly one guide each fortnight!

Some common tasks for a Tutorials Writer would be:

- Writing Graphics, Room Building, Events and Wired Guides
- Regularly inputting ideas to improve the department
- Assisting the rest of the department with ensuring all Habbox sites are fully up to date

I work in 6 other departments. Can I still apply?
Anyone is welcome to apply - if you're in more than one department then it's important you consider that it's still possible for you to manage to continue meeting your minimums.

I'm not very good at spelling... writing really isn't my thing! Anything else I can help with?
Even if you do struggle with your spelling and whatnot, you can still apply! Joining Content Design is extremely rewarding as you're always learning new things - there will also be people more than happy to proofread your work before it's published if needed.

I'm a Content Designer, does this mean I'm no longer allowed to write guides?
Of course you can write guides! A Tutorials Writer would simply focus on guide writing - they are however more than welcome to edit other pages too. Content Designers will focus on editing historical and factual content but likewise can also decide to write a guide every now and then if they wish.

How will these guides be presented? As articles? On the wiki?
Most of the guides will be published on to the main site and will be linked from what we call Landing Pages. A Landing page is a page with a number of different graphics which all link to pages which are not directly accessible from the main navigation - they'll be presented a bit like the Jobs section of the website! A template for this will be set up soon to ensure the site remains consistent.

Is there a possibility to be promoted?
Of course! We may ask one new Tutorials Writer to act as a temporary Project Leader to set it off but there will always be the possibility of promotion to Senior Content Designer and possibly Content Design Management!

I want to help write guides but I'm not interested in being Habbox Staff.
Then stay tuned! More information on this will be released in the next few days!

If you're interested in trying this new role out then please either send a message to Expling (https://www.habboxforum.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=122515) or check out this (https://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=829977) thread!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!