PDA

View Full Version : Holiday alone

scottish
02-10-2016, 09:09 PM
Would you ever go on a holiday on your own?

buttons
02-10-2016, 09:10 PM
pb not always got me mam if want someone to go on hol with
on cruises they have meetings for people there themselves which is quite nice X

Martin
02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Definitely! and I probably will end up doing so in the near future! I got my first ever passport this year (I've only ever been to Ireland before), so I really want to use it!! I've also never flown before so want to try that too! :D

buttons
02-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Definitely! and I probably will end up doing so in the near future! I got my first ever passport this year (I've only ever been to Ireland before), so I really want to use it!! I've also never flown before so want to try that too! :D
where u wanna go babe am desp to go on holz nxt yr xx

Cerys
02-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Yesss definitely, i'd prefer being with someone else but if i didnt have anyone i'd go anyway haha

Alysha
02-10-2016, 09:38 PM
god no, i get too nervous by myself

Chris
02-10-2016, 09:49 PM
Not abroad but in the UK yeah.

Martin
02-10-2016, 09:58 PM
where u wanna go babe am desp to go on holz nxt yr xx

Literally anywhere haha! I found a site called flymeanywhere.com where you just put in dates and it tells you all the cheapest flights and stuff :D

buttons
02-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Literally anywhere haha! I found a site called flymeanywhere.com where you just put in dates and it tells you all the cheapest flights and stuff :D
sounds perfect! I just want Togo somewhere new outta here xx

x-s-x
02-10-2016, 10:38 PM
I don't think I could, I would find it scary.. I'm useless :o

Absently
02-10-2016, 10:42 PM
definitely ye! if i had the sights i wanted to see and relaxing on beach by myself, sorted. the only nerve wrecking bit is the plane but ive done that soo many times

Stephen
02-10-2016, 11:38 PM
don't they have a travel thing where people who are travelling alone go with other people travelling alone and you all make friends and shit an go sightseeing with them or you can just not make friends and be a loner

Rixion
03-10-2016, 02:39 AM
Would prefer to be in a group but I wanna go travelling next summer and am the only one down for it so far and am definitely doing it sooo.

e5
03-10-2016, 05:52 AM
If I was single I would prob just take myself off ye

Empired
03-10-2016, 06:31 AM
don't they have a travel thing where people who are travelling alone go with other people travelling alone and you all make friends and shit an go sightseeing with them or you can just not make friends and be a loner
My mother went on one of those and she said it was alright but u have to be careful when booking cos loads of them are singles holidays where u go on them to find a partner.

Umm I would go on holiday alone within the UK but I wouldn't be prepared to go abroad solo. I'd just be worried if anything happened to me there'd be no one to help or find me maybe!

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2016, 07:58 AM
I was very much tempted to earlier this year and nearly did but then my parents wanted to come as well. So it kinda turned into a family holiday.

I would prefer to go with someone or a multiple people but yeah.

ihatehash
03-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I actually traveled around Europe on my own this year. I traveled with TopDeck for the first month and did the Summer Fun and Sailing tour. There are other similar companies e.g. Contiki and BusAbout. I recommend if you are travelling on your own to go with one of these groups because there are loads of people also travelling on their own and also they organize almost everything which makes life super simple and your days are always full. I did the second month on my own around Spain and Portugal which was great and for some of it I traveled with people I met from the tour group. You meet and make friends with people at every hostel you go to (because most people are also on their own) and booze always breaks the ice.
All in all I loved travelling on my own and rarely felt lonely and the freedom that came with being on my own was great.

thatc00lgirl
03-10-2016, 06:30 PM
On a cruise, yes. To another country, it will be better & safer to have a companion or a group.
The more the merrier :D

Expling
04-10-2016, 09:30 PM
I had this discussion today with my irl pals about connecting flights

If it was just the one flight and someone dropped me off at the airport and I had other transportation in my destination sorted then I'd be fine, but where you stop off in another airport and have to wait alone for hours in a random country would be so scary and I just couldn't

I'm still young but I think I'd end up going away alone just for the confidence boost, wouldn't know where though

Matthew.
05-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I wouldn't, no. I'm such a pansy and never been on a plane before.

despect
06-10-2016, 03:57 PM

I'll come on holiday with you dont worry! ;)

I'm not sure if I'd go alone, I love having someone with me where we can go out and experience things together, plus if you wanna go out drinking (if it's that sort of holiday) I'd get bored going out and drinking alone too :(.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!