PDA

View Full Version : university open days

Gina
09-10-2016, 11:57 AM
when it was your time for applying to unis and all that
did you go to any uni open days
what did u think of them too

my boyfriend went 2 so many lmao i booked to go to 2 and ended up missing 1 so ive got 1 more : ) n hopefully i dont forget this time

if youre applying next year/this year what unis have u been to/want to visit

Ruth-On-Toast; Elegance;

Cerys
09-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Ye I've only been to one open day and tht was yday in birmingham and bham is a shit hole but I'll probably still end up going

dbgtz
09-10-2016, 12:01 PM
I went to two first time around, none second time. Find the uni I never even saw to be better. I feel like it's probably quite easy to almost be sold a lie in open days since that's basically the point of open days. I feel like solid research into the university and the course is far more valuable.

scottish
09-10-2016, 12:02 PM
I didn't go to any open days I just picked the closest uni and got accepted

Empired
09-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Yeah I've got a place at Warwick for 2017 and I haven't actually been to visit yet. I'm planning to go on one of my days off before xmas just to have a look around - I don't particularly want to go on an open day or anything, just so long as I can see what the campus is like. I know quite a few ppl who've been to warwick tho and say it's really lovely so I do still need to go and see it for myself but I already know it'll be great.

RuthOnToast
09-10-2016, 12:11 PM
ive been to 2 open days at Sheffield hallam already know the area so was mainly just for the talk about the subjects. My tutor college always told us not to go to a uni without going to vist it first. im going to the open day at south wales soon i already know the course there is what i want to do its a matter of is it nice there? i already regret going to Sheffield hallam this year so you dont want to be stuck somewhere you dont like for 3 years

lawrawrrr
09-10-2016, 12:58 PM
Yeah I've got a place at Warwick for 2017 and I haven't actually been to visit yet. I'm planning to go on one of my days off before xmas just to have a look around - I don't particularly want to go on an open day or anything, just so long as I can see what the campus is like. I know quite a few ppl who've been to warwick tho and say it's really lovely so I do still need to go and see it for myself but I already know it'll be great.
I went to Warwick open day, it was SO MUDDY when i went but really lovely campus.

I visited like 7 open days I think? I was originally planning on going to like, top unis, but when I got my AS grades it was like ok you need to adjust your expectations so I pretty much had to find 4 other unis to go to.

I think in total I saw:

UEA
Warwick
Aberystwyth (twice, one was a post-offer open day)
Surrey
Hertfordshire
Lancaster
I'm sure there was another one but I can't remember?

Inseriousity.
09-10-2016, 02:11 PM
I didn't go to any. I visited my uni on a college trip for a conference and liked the small campus, town centre location and just went to that one. I sorta wish I'd been more ambitious as it meant I got really lazy for my A Levels but I enjoyed uni a lot so overall, I don't regret it

Expling
09-10-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't really need to worry about it massively yet but our sixth form is encouraging us to visit unis now to get a taste of what they're like so there isn't a real shock when it comes to application time next yr
I really really want to go to brighton uni but I won't be going to that uni day until I start driving because no one can take me :( might visit local unis tho

Elegance
09-10-2016, 03:41 PM
lol i've been to so many open days but mainly bcus my brother is applying to a similar course for the same year as me so we've just been to some together!!!

goldsmiths: university of london (completely fell in love with the course but ended up getting scared about living in london)
university of nottingham (just as wonderful as i expected, campus is even prettier than in pictures)
university of leicester (ended up hating the course)
university of salford (kinda wish i could go there but the course was completely different to what i expected)
northumbria university (went for my brother but it sounded nice)
university of leeds (yesterday! it was sooooo lovely)

i got my predicted grades last week and they were much better than i expected so i'm going to apply for king's college london although i haven't actually been to an open day

i wanna visit lancaster/loughborough/sheffield but there's no open days left for any of them lol !!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!