PDA

View Full Version : moving schools

Gina
09-10-2016, 08:54 PM
have you ever had to move schools/college?
if so why
how did it impact your life
are you glad u moved!!

if u havent ever then have u ever been close to moving school and why
would u have ever wanted to move (and why ofc!)

Cerys
09-10-2016, 08:59 PM
Ye ok so
First school til yr 2, hated it teachers were stupid kids were stupid tho it is right behind my house so it was such an easy walk like 20seconds away

Second school from yr 2 to yr 6, moved there cos my mum was a teacher there and she wanted a better education for me and I could go with her in the car there so it was fairly easy. Tho it was in Castleford which is miles away sooo:
Third school, for 2months at the end of yr6, I wanted to meet people who would be in my high school so I moved to a school next door to it to find some buddies for two months lol x

Highschool stayed the same from yr 7 to 11

Sixth form I moved to Roundhay for a month cos we thought we were moving house there but we didn't so I moved back to the 6th form my high school was attached to

Then uni the same til next yr

How fun. I think all the school moves I've had benefitted me massively

dbgtz
09-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Well there was basically no chance of me moving school to be honest. My parents did talk about moving but around when I started my GCSEs I convinced them to not move until afterwards as I did not want to move school, but after I finished school it was just a series of excuses why they wouldn't which tbh were usually from my mother. So looking back now I had no reason to fear it really.

x-s-x
09-10-2016, 09:04 PM
I was never in a situation where I would have to move schools. If I had to, I would of been terrified as I was pretty quiet in school and had a small group of friends. So if I did move schools I would of probably been a complete loner x

scottish
09-10-2016, 09:21 PM
No I went to same primary school for 6 years then same high school for 7 years then same uni for 4 years.

Chris
09-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Nope never changed schools other than moving from primary to secondary!

lemons
09-10-2016, 09:57 PM
i changed primary schools halfway through year 3 because it was a bit far after moving and a shit CofE school :) in my first week at my new primary there was a residential trip to a farm for 5 days which was fun but scary times

Elegance
09-10-2016, 11:36 PM
nope

i got bullied bad in like yr 8 but my mum was so against me moving schools cus it would 'disrupt my education' so i never actually was allowed to move

Expling
10-10-2016, 09:27 PM
i moved for sixth form but does that count??

never moved schools because i'm too confident to start something new all on my own without anyone else in the same position as me

I always used to feel bad for the new kids because they'd get with the wrong crowds and stuff :(

whoeful
22-10-2016, 01:46 AM
I have never changed schools even though ive had a lot of meetings on moving, but in earlier years my behavior and attendance were not good so no other decent school would accept me?? i spent a lot of time of school in year 7 and 8 doing home school sort of stuff though, i was suppose to do home schooling last november, i had about 3 week off from the place and decided to go back

Absently
22-10-2016, 12:14 PM
I've moved schools a few times. My first school I stayed in for like three years, then we moved to countryside so I changed to the countryside school that had two classrooms and only 6 students in my class that were all boys! I lived there for like two years but my mother found it too lonely because she had kept her job in the city so we moved back. I changed to the same school my cousin was in and I stayed there and went to their secondary school too :) I've stayed at same uni too !

despect
22-12-2016, 11:50 PM
I only moved from my first school to my primary school because that's when you go into year 6 and I didn't have a year 6 at my school (god knows why) it still to this day confuses me but yeah I moved then I was quite lucky because quite a lot of people from my first school went to my primary too so I still had quite a few friends! :)

King-Tom
30-12-2016, 03:30 PM
i have never had to move schools but i know ppl who have and it can be hard!

onceawinner
16-01-2017, 11:11 AM
I am hoping to move again (a 2nd time)

nat965
25-01-2017, 10:00 AM
Thankfully, I've only had to shift schools once because of the move from primary school to high school. Moved half way across the state then.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!