PDA

View Full Version : were/are you in any of your school sports teams?

Sho
01-03-2017, 11:17 PM
or outside of school tbh

i was in the football team in primary school, which then led to me being in the village football team.
i was in both the netball and hockey team in secondary school

wby

despect
01-03-2017, 11:23 PM
Nope, I was never sporty at school and I'm not even now tbh. I never really had the confidence to go and try out for sports teams because I already knew I wouldnt of made it anyway

Sho
01-03-2017, 11:37 PM
wouldn't really have considered myself sporty, more like bored lmao

despect
01-03-2017, 11:50 PM
I think like in my school in particular it was like different groups of people so you'd have the sporty people, nerdy people, shy people, bossy people and the popular kids and if you didnt like fit into the sporty type of people you kinda couldnt go any further or do anything in the school related. It was quite weird but its how I saw my school time.

Sho
02-03-2017, 12:03 AM
oh we didn't have the cliques in my school. most people just got along with everyone, was kinda nice

despect
02-03-2017, 12:13 AM
People were quite horrible in my school tbh

Sho
02-03-2017, 12:52 AM
that sucks :(

despect
02-03-2017, 12:55 AM
It did yeah but I got through it okay :)

Brad
02-03-2017, 12:56 AM
I used to do volleyball and basketball. But other than that, not a whole lot of team sports.
I prefer individual sports. I used to do a lot of track, and field sports, and I did wrestling too.

Sho
02-03-2017, 01:02 AM
I used to do volleyball and basketball. But other than that, not a whole lot of team sports.
I prefer individual sports. I used to do a lot of track, and field sports, and I did wrestling too.

would have loved to do basketball, was so good at it! no girls team at my school though ;(

despect
02-03-2017, 01:05 AM

I always quite good at basketball. Never had a team for it though!

Samantha
02-03-2017, 01:11 AM
I didn't really get into sports at school until year 9-11. I played volleyball and rounders - volleyball was taught by an ex England player too which was nice too! Only played competitively once and we had to travel to Stokesley and they formed a Yorkshire Volleyball Team from that (I didn't know it was for that until after it). For rounders we competed at other schools in the area.

I won best effort in sport in year 9 and came 3rd place in year 10 for the same award so it paid off a bit! I loved sports in high school though, I'd love to play volleyball/rounders/badminton again though.

Sho
02-03-2017, 01:14 AM
I didn't really get into sports at school until year 9-11. I played volleyball and rounders - volleyball was taught by an ex England player too which was nice too! Only played competitively once and we had to travel to Stokesley and they formed a Yorkshire Volleyball Team from that (I didn't know it was for that until after it). For rounders we competed at other schools in the area.

I won best effort in sport in year 9 and came 3rd place in year 10 for the same award so it paid off a bit! I loved sports in high school though, I'd love to play volleyball/rounders/badminton again though.

you actually had a "team" for rounders? that's awesome. i love rounders but we only played it during PE ;(

Samantha
02-03-2017, 01:17 AM
you actually had a "team" for rounders? that's awesome. i love rounders but we only played it during PE ;(

Sort of yeah, it was basically an after school thing, but there was another interest from our school and surrounding ones to make it a proper thing!

despect
02-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Sort of yeah, it was basically an after school thing, but there was another interest from our school and surrounding ones to make it a proper thing!

Did you play against other schools or more just other people in the school? I didnt think rounders was popular enough for a team. :O

Samantha
02-03-2017, 01:20 AM
Did you play against other schools or more just other people in the school? I didnt think rounders was popular enough for a team. :O
Other schools :P. They actually had a proper knockout tournament and everything as well, but I was off after having an operation on my teeth :(.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Sho
02-03-2017, 01:23 AM

that's super cool! we lit just had a hockey and netball team for girls, basketball and football for guys. i really liked badminton, rounders and dodgeball so I wish my school did more with those kind of stuff

despect
02-03-2017, 01:28 AM
Other schools :P. They actually had a proper knockout tournament and everything as well, but I was off after having an operation on my teeth :(.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wow i really didnt know any schools had rounders teams.

FlyingJesus
02-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Football yeahhhh and I wanted to do hockey but the school didn't ever actually make a team and I was too scared to join the actual Worthing club because I wasn't quite that good RIP

Shar
03-03-2017, 05:17 PM
I've never been athletic enough

Absently
03-03-2017, 05:55 PM
nope! was never really sporty growing up, did a bit of dancing but that's not rly a sport

Sho
03-03-2017, 07:54 PM
nope! was never really sporty growing up, did a bit of dancing but that's not rly a sport

did you have dance classes after school or smth?
we did and everyone i've mentioned that to thinks it's weird lmao

Absently
03-03-2017, 07:56 PM
did you have dance classes after school or smth?
we did and everyone i've mentioned that to thinks it's weird lmao
yeah was after school!

nat965
04-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I did gymnastics while I was at school, not as a school sport though. If I took it up tomorrow, I swear I'd die. :'(

Artpops
04-03-2017, 03:13 PM
yh loads. all around the towns and everything. shiela E kylie. danny and dapp too.

Akeel
04-03-2017, 03:15 PM
yes i actually played basketball three years in a row and won every match x

-:Undertaker:-
04-03-2017, 09:07 PM
no i wasn't

i regret not representing the school for swimming though like my mate did in first years. i'd only just gave swimming up (stupidly) and wish i could go back and have joined a team and kept it up. but at that age the PS2 and habbo had other ideas. :P

Sho
04-03-2017, 09:31 PM
no i wasn't

i regret not representing the school for swimming though like my mate did in first years. i'd only just gave swimming up (stupidly) and wish i could go back and have joined a team and kept it up. but at that age the PS2 and habbo had other ideas. :P

a swimming team? that's awesome and i'd love if we had that here :(. did your school have a pool, or?

despect
04-03-2017, 09:39 PM
We were quite lucky we had a swimming pool very close to our school

Sho
04-03-2017, 09:40 PM
ours was in town 7 miles away

-:Undertaker:-
04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
Sho; oh no we didn't have a pool but they entered people for competitions

i wish i'd of joined an actual team outside school but i packed it in when i had the chance. so stupid!

despect
04-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Sho; oh no we didn't have a pool but they entered people for competitions

i wish i'd of joined an actual team outside school but i packed it in when i had the chance. so stupid!

You should have continued it. Its a great sport to do and its actually really fun!

Sho
04-03-2017, 10:01 PM
that's still cool. we didn't have anything like that here. :( and yeah i wish i'd have got more involved but i thought other things were better decisions at the time

Absently
05-03-2017, 12:28 AM
I am so jealous of any school with a pool, we never had that luxury

despect
05-03-2017, 02:30 AM
I dont think youd find any near my house since all of the schools that could have them are those rich ones and I live in a place where itd be rare to find many really rich people.

Sho
05-03-2017, 12:40 PM
We had a leisure centre right next to our school that we used for PE but it was the only leisure centre without a pool so it sucks

Akeel
05-03-2017, 01:11 PM
i wanna get into swimming but i cant swim or cycle. #exposingmyself

Charlie
05-03-2017, 01:13 PM
i'm not really sporty so i didn't bother, although it would have been nice to take part.

Matthew
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
yep, at school i was in the second squash team and sometimes the first one, i also played a few times for the third rugby team and also the first hockey team :D

Sho
05-03-2017, 09:13 PM
i loved playing squash in pe, i was so good at it. didn't have a team though :(

despect
05-03-2017, 09:22 PM
I was shit at squash lmfao. I used to try and avoid it all costs!

Expling
06-03-2017, 08:02 PM
year 6 primary school yes i did netball as an extracurricular (you had to do at least one) and i had to do shitty competitions
i remember this year 3 teacher organising it and she screamed at me when we went to another school cos we were playing and the ref just stopped and started doing up my laces so i was embarrassed and like ??
so she screamed at me for not saying thanks to the bloke lol x love miss smith

secondary school absolutely none and the best thing about secondayr was that i didn't have to do sports day, though my tutor was head of pe and for 5 eyars straight she usd to beg me to o something to make her look good but nope!
i hate sports, especially with other people cos i feel like everyone is staring at me :(

Sho
07-03-2017, 06:00 PM
year 6 primary school yes i did netball as an extracurricular (you had to do at least one) and i had to do shitty competitions
i remember this year 3 teacher organising it and she screamed at me when we went to another school cos we were playing and the ref just stopped and started doing up my laces so i was embarrassed and like ??
so she screamed at me for not saying thanks to the bloke lol x love miss smith

secondary school absolutely none and the best thing about secondayr was that i didn't have to do sports day, though my tutor was head of pe and for 5 eyars straight she usd to beg me to o something to make her look good but nope!
i hate sports, especially with other people cos i feel like everyone is staring at me :(

why didn't you have to take part in sports day? was that just you or for everybody in your school? everyone had to take part at my school :(

despect
07-03-2017, 06:58 PM
We didn't HAVE to take part in our sports day it was just recommended that you do. If you really didn't want to they found other things you can do to help out such as, giving out the water to people who were taking part etc. I tried to take part as much as I could because it was just about the fun rather than actually winning :)

Expling
07-03-2017, 07:44 PM
why didn't you have to take part in sports day? was that just you or for everybody in your school? everyone had to take part at my school :(

it was for the entire school! Our sports days weren't amazing, it was literally a competition where if you were put down for something then at a certain time of thee day you'd need to go and do it (people couldn't watch, was a normal day of lessons)

We done lots of other sporty things, like we 'walked to ghana' to raise money for our charity, do PE every week etc. But I hated PE so me and my friend were let off from doing it, we'd change our uniform a little bit and then walk around the field and talk haha

Sho
07-03-2017, 07:54 PM
it was for the entire school! Our sports days weren't amazing, it was literally a competition where if you were put down for something then at a certain time of thee day you'd need to go and do it (people couldn't watch, was a normal day of lessons)

We done lots of other sporty things, like we 'walked to ghana' to raise money for our charity, do PE every week etc. But I hated PE so me and my friend were let off from doing it, we'd change our uniform a little bit and then walk around the field and talk haha

oh wow. we'd have no lessons for the day and have a "sports day" where everyone had to take part in at least one thing. was really annoying if the one thing you're taking part in was at like 9am so then you had the rest of the day to just do nothing and sit around until 3:30, was pretty dumb. and wtf at you being let off from pe??? it was compulsory for everyone to take part at my school unless you had a doctor's note. like even in the snow we were out

Sloths
07-03-2017, 08:07 PM
oh wow. we'd have no lessons for the day and have a "sports day" where everyone had to take part in at least one thing. was really annoying if the one thing you're taking part in was at like 9am so then you had the rest of the day to just do nothing and sit around until 3:30, was pretty dumb. and wtf at you being let off from pe??? it was compulsory for everyone to take part at my school unless you had a doctor's note. like even in the snow we were out

we had the same but 'althletics day' where you were meant to take part in at least one thing but they didn't check so the last few years of high school I didn't bother. We dress up in house colours (my house colour was blue so I was head to toe blue, blue tights and everything) but we just chilled out and talked and ate all day it was great.

Sho
07-03-2017, 08:26 PM
we had the same but 'althletics day' where you were meant to take part in at least one thing but they didn't check so the last few years of high school I didn't bother. We dress up in house colours (my house colour was blue so I was head to toe blue, blue tights and everything) but we just chilled out and talked and ate all day it was great.

same as us then! although we had a fairly small school so they actually did check. we had four houses too, i was blue in primary school but ended up in yellow in secondary school. i guess it wasn't SO bad because i could just do the easy things like javelin or disk throwing, that didn't require much effort and then i could just chill the rest of the day!! :D

Sloths
07-03-2017, 09:05 PM
same as us then! although we had a fairly small school so they actually did check. we had four houses too, i was blue in primary school but ended up in yellow in secondary school. i guess it wasn't SO bad because i could just do the easy things like javelin or disk throwing, that didn't require much effort and then i could just chill the rest of the day!! :D

Yeah when I did bother doing that one activity I did shotput usually, throw a ball like twice and you're done for the day

King-Tom
08-03-2017, 05:00 PM
never been in any lol apart from primary school football team for like 6 weeks till i left

TravisOak
22-07-2017, 01:23 PM
I was in my school football team. Was the top scorer, main starting striker until I left due to getting bored! hahaa

TinyFroggy
08-11-2018, 02:35 PM
I've always tried to partake but never managed to get into one. I'm just not a good enough sport player but I don't really mind. To each, their own advantage and specialty.

Blance
12-11-2018, 08:57 AM
During Highschool i was in a few sports teams.

Football - Grade 9 -12 (& Victory Lap)

Volleyball - Grade 9-12

Track & Field - Grade 9 - 12 (& Victory Lap)

Basically i was looking for a team to join in every season. (Fall, Football. Spring, Volleyball. Track, Summer)
i enjoyed staying active and exercising, and still do.
just now its things alone like the gym and rollerblading. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!