PDA

View Full Version : Have you talked your way out of a ticket?

Brad
23-03-2017, 03:17 AM
I'm not talking about just a speeding ticket, but have you or were you able to talk your way out of a ticket that was given to you?

I personally have only been able to talk my way down from a larger ticket to a smaller ticket. It was with my first year of driving as I was coming down a hill and they caught me doing 90km in a 60km, when they read I was from a different city and I was within my first year, I explained to him that I never once was intentionally trying to speed as I was coasting down a large hill. He agreed, and told me that even though coasting is fine, to stay within the speed limit. So when he wrote up my ticket, he marked it as going 75km in a 60km zone which dropped it from a $200 CAD fine to a $55 fine.
Another one of mine was with my sticker for my vehicle. Apparently, in Ontario, you're not even allowed to drive with an expired sticker even if it's the same month. When they told me my sticker was expired (my birthday is on the 9th and got pulled over on the 12th), I told him I work long hours and I wasn't able to get to the burual in time to get updated stickers, so he let me off saying that I just needed to get a day off and that I need it asap because the next police officer may not be so lenient.

Have any stories?

Chris
23-03-2017, 10:13 PM
Nope, ive never even got a ticket for anything but if I was about to get one I would probably not bother trying to argue it.

despect
24-03-2017, 02:05 AM
Nope, ive never even got a ticket for anything but if I was about to get one I would probably not bother trying to argue it.

Thats probably something similar to me. Sometimes arguing against it just makes it worse.

Landon
24-03-2017, 03:54 AM
It's called being respectful to the officer, greeting him or her in a respectful and friendly manner, and presenting your ID and insurance without arguing. Chances are, they'll be nice.

DJ-Tripjay
24-03-2017, 05:23 AM
I talked my way outta a maijuanna charge.I even got to keep the weed

Landon
24-03-2017, 05:23 PM

LOL explain please

despect
24-03-2017, 05:36 PM

How did you do that? :P

Landon
24-03-2017, 05:40 PM
How did you do that? :P

Some cops in the US if they're feeling nice will just write you up on a little charge for a little bit of weed in the illegal states.

Pretty sure they're normally supposed to take you to jail. But also, if you had like a speeding violation as the reason they stopped you, if you're friendly, they'll just drop the weed charge and write you up for the speeding ticket.

despect
24-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Some cops in the US if they're feeling nice will just write you up on a little charge for a little bit of weed in the illegal states.

Pretty sure they're normally supposed to take you to jail. But also, if you had like a speeding violation as the reason they stopped you, if you're friendly, they'll just drop the weed charge and write you up for the speeding ticket.

I thought it was always to jail tbh.

Landon
24-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I thought it was always to jail tbh.

That's what they should/can do to you. But like Brad said up top, if you are friendly and nice in general, they minimize some fines by writing for instance speeds down from 90 to 75 so that you pay less.

despect
24-03-2017, 05:47 PM
That's what they should/can do to you. But like Brad said up top, if you are friendly and nice in general, they minimize some fines by writing for instance speeds down from 90 to 75 so that you pay less.

Ah okay makes sense :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!