PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth investing money to explore space?

Landon
25-03-2017, 05:06 AM
http://i.bnet.com/blogs/nasa-shuttle.jpg

NASA's space shuttle program has ended. Space exploration by the concept of leaving the Earth is at a halt, at least in the US. But there's hope. Politicians have suggested favorability in investigating money to explore space.

But is it worth the money? - to explore for life. To explore when there's such a low chance to find anything living. Is it worth the chance to find a place that humans can continue to reproduce, where living is allowed by a sustainable atmosphere?

Should we be spending money elsewhere? If so or if not, why?

despect
25-03-2017, 05:20 AM
I'm a little biased here simply because I find space interesting and I think its actually worth the time and effort. But on the other hand, yes there is other things that we should be spending money on.

Landon
25-03-2017, 05:59 AM
I'm a little biased here simply because I find space interesting and I think its actually worth the time and effort. But on the other hand, yes there is other things that we should be spending money on.

Defense and a more powerful terrorism task force team perhaps?

despect
25-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Defense and a more powerful terrorism task force team perhaps?

Yeah that would be something that is needed :)

scottish
25-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Yes it is.

Landon
25-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Yes it is.

For what reason? :)

despect
25-03-2017, 06:38 PM
I always like reading up on when they find certain things in space. It allows us to show how advanced we actually are too.

Landon
25-03-2017, 10:14 PM
I always like reading up on when they find certain things in space. It allows us to show how advanced we actually are too.

We actually have quite a ways to go in terms of picking up speed in space. That's why we can't reach very far

despect
25-03-2017, 10:18 PM
We actually have quite a ways to go in terms of picking up speed in space. That's why we can't reach very far

We have a lot to learn yeah but we're not far behind. We'll always be learning new things :)

Landon
25-03-2017, 10:19 PM
We have a lot to learn yeah but we're not far behind. We'll always be learning new things :)

And regardless, we can only max out at the speed of light without figuring out warp drives, so we'd be taking like say 20 years to travel 20-lightyears away haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!