PDA

View Full Version : College or Professional?

Landon
26-03-2017, 04:42 AM
In spirit of March Madness in the wonderful United States, I figured I would make a thread asking you if you prefer college to professional sports or professional to college sports? If so, why?

Since I was inspired by basketball in this thread, I will face off NCAA and NBA.

I'm actually more intrigued by the NBA (professional National Basketball Association) because of the fact that these guys are so talented, watching them play really is embarrassing to college players. The trick shots. The high scoring games. The occasional fights. It's all entertainment - these guys make millions of dollars a year so they are motivated by money to get out and win.

Time to hear what you have to say!

despect
26-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Surely college sports would have less pressure?

Landon
26-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Surely college sports would have less pressure?

Yeah but they still have a huge amount. The coaches get paid so much money to win big games. Look up Bill Self contract details haha.

despect
26-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Yeah but they still have a huge amount. The coaches get paid so much money to win big games. Look up Bill Self contract details haha.

Still id rather go for the one thats less stressful.

Landon
28-03-2017, 02:13 PM
Still id rather go for the one thats less stressful.

True. Still very stressful because of the standards that athletes are being put up to. Couldn't say for sure which is more stressful, guess that'd be a question to ask one of the career college to nba coaches.

despect
28-03-2017, 02:52 PM
True. Still very stressful because of the standards that athletes are being put up to. Couldn't say for sure which is more stressful, guess that'd be a question to ask one of the career college to nba coaches.

Some are pushed too much that it causes a lot of injuries.

Landon
28-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Some are pushed too much that it causes a lot of injuries.

Lol some are injured just because of playing in general. Take a look at American Football. Alzheimer's and diseases because of contact of the head.

despect
28-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Lol some are injured just because of playing in general. Take a look at American Football. Alzheimer's and diseases because of contact of the head.

My point was that they are pushed a lot and sometimes way above their limits but they continue because theyd prefer to impress than to fail.

Landon
28-03-2017, 05:29 PM
My point was that they are pushed a lot and sometimes way above their limits but they continue because theyd prefer to impress than to fail.

YUP knew what you meant. Just figured I'd add that in.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!