PDA

View Full Version : Every child should have a mobile phone. (Junior)

_spirit
27-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Do you think every child should have a mobile phone, Most kids now have one by the age of 10 what are your opinions??

https://www.habbox.com/staffupload/../assets/images//b8cd736b80b4364b33d1318d3dd95f50.jpg

scottish
27-03-2017, 12:16 PM
If their parents can afford to give their child a phone, why not?

Brad
27-03-2017, 01:11 PM
A flip phone, yes. They deserve to know the struggle.

Landon
27-03-2017, 03:14 PM
Yep, no need for a smart phone imo. Just something to call and text.

peteyt
28-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Im sure i didnt get my first phone till at least 13. I think by giving them phones too young you put them at risk e.g. bullying and even things like grooming. You see some very young children with smartphones and other internet devices and a lot of parents don't realise the risks so they don't set any child saftey features up

hungryfront
28-03-2017, 04:05 PM
I'd say 13 and up should have a smartphone as they're getting more of a social life, for example they arrange things with their friends more and don't need their parents to.

However, under 13 you should have a normal phone, like a Nokia or something. They hold their charge, are durable and trusty, and they can call in an emergency. They should see the world through their own eyes.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Charlie
29-03-2017, 04:03 PM
I used to think they didn't because I didn't have one when I was younger but phones were so basic then that there was no point. Now they have more to offer, I can definitely see why a young child would want one and why it would be a good idea. It's a good way to keep in touch with friends and parents if they are out somewhere. They all come with cameras which I'm sure appeals to them and it's easier to access social media through a phone.

I know there is dangers of bullying or grooming if a young child has access to a phone and/or internet without some sort of supervision but that's down to the parents to make sure the child isn't doing anything they shouldn't be, you can put child protection locks on phones as well to prevent them accessing certain sites and what not, so they have some sort of safety to prevent such things.

LUCPIX
29-03-2017, 05:12 PM
When you're a kid, you don't need to make urgent calls, add professional contacts, charge bills and all those stuff from the grown-ups and the non-productive smartphones in an emerging brain is a kind of hazard and it's a waste of money to buy an iPhone or even an Android to someone who will only use, more or less, 20% of its capacity, focusing his attention to one or two trending social media and the trending games (like most of we, lazy uncurious users, do)

So a SMS/Call/Snake Nokia is EVERYTHING that the pequeños need to tell mommy and daddy that they need a ride from Tommy's home because it's snowing and riding a bike in this case would be pointless see you later ok ok i'm fine ok right sure mommy adiós

Empired
29-03-2017, 07:06 PM
I got my first phone at 10 because that's when I started walking to and from school on my own. It was a nokia 3310 that used to belong to my dad lol x

I don't think kids need a smart phone tho.

Expling
04-04-2017, 11:10 AM
if a parent can afford to give their child a phone then I don't see why not! it depends on the preferences of the family really

didn't get my first phone until like 12/13 and I started walking home when I was in year 5 (so i was 9/10) :(

things have changed and if kids prefer phones over toys then so be it! my friends niece got an ipod for xmas and she loves facetiming ppl it's really cute to see her enjoying it

olliepotterton
03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
I think at that age, its a major distraction. My opinion.

BlueEyedSarah
03-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Yep, no need for a smart phone imo. Just something to call and text.

I agree with this

DaimC
05-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Every kid has a mobile phone. It is a good thing because they can contact their parents or call friends but if they get an internet connection, it can make them prone to a lot of material. If we assume they haven't used a mobile phone yet, they might not know what websites are good and what are bad to visit, which can make them visit some sites that are not meant for their age group.

lawrawrrr
05-06-2017, 10:35 PM
I got a simple one at 11 for calling parents. It was easier back then cos there wasn't really the need for internet and smartphones weren't a thing! Theoretically, I would give a child a phone at the same age but it'd be a simple one. Don't think you need a smartphone until you're at least old enough to USE sites like Facebook, Twitter etc - 13. And I'd put a parent lock on it.

ALSO: RULES LIKE NO PHONE AT DINING TABLE it annoys me so much when people do that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!