PDA

View Full Version : GCSE's / Exams in general!

King-Tom
16-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Hey!

I have just come to the bitter end of my GCSE's (finally) with just one to go.

How has everyone found exam season? Stressful? Easy? I'd like to know :P

Personally I didn't get any where near as stressed as I expected, although now the wait for August begins lol.

MKR&*42
16-06-2017, 07:08 PM
Only had 2 exams. The philosophy one was surprisingly generous bar one question which none of us knew how to answer.

Had my German one today and lmaooooo went in thinking "if I try really hard I might get an A*" and came out thinking "okay if there's a God I might get a C" - it was genuinely so hard and every student and teacher I've seen speaking about it is shocked at how difficult it was. So I expect grade boundaries to be an awful lot lower, it was just... a fucking nightmare.

But yes all over nowww, rock on uni hopefully :D

-:Undertaker:-
16-06-2017, 08:58 PM
i had 3 maths exams

first one was so hard even our teacher said there were a lvl questions on it!

scottish
17-06-2017, 08:19 AM
wait are you still doing gcse maths at like 25?

Gina
17-06-2017, 12:17 PM
ive got 6 exams total
done 3 so far but rly not feeling stress n they all went shit lol !
2 more biology and 1 more psych

lemons
17-06-2017, 12:24 PM
I only had 1 exam this semester that was a seen exam and I had to remember 2 essays (10 pages) that I think went pretty well

-:Undertaker:-
17-06-2017, 01:17 PM
wait are you still doing gcse maths at like 25?

haven't i explained this like loads. i'm not 25 either

to get onto teaching its a requirement to have C or above in english, maths and science regardless of what you intend to teach. there's no way around it. got my A in english, C in science but only ever got a D in maths. so life is on hold until i get this maths gcse. i'm prepared to wait a couple of years to do what i actually wanna do and have wanted to do since age like 12 than just get a boring office job.

my aunty had to take it to get into nursing like two years ago (career change for her and a lot less money as she was bored stiff with computer operating) and the majority of people in my class are like aged mid-30s wanting a career change to get into either teaching or nursing - two professions you require it for.

given we're likely to work until late 60s or even our 70s i'd rather be doing something i enjoy for the next 40 or so years. :P

King-Tom
03-07-2017, 07:17 PM
haven't i explained this like loads. i'm not 25 either

to get onto teaching its a requirement to have C or above in english, maths and science regardless of what you intend to teach. there's no way around it. got my A in english, C in science but only ever got a D in maths. so life is on hold until i get this maths gcse. i'm prepared to wait a couple of years to do what i actually wanna do and have wanted to do since age like 12 than just get a boring office job.

my aunty had to take it to get into nursing like two years ago (career change for her and a lot less money as she was bored stiff with computer operating) and the majority of people in my class are like aged mid-30s wanting a career change to get into either teaching or nursing - two professions you require it for.

given we're likely to work until late 60s or even our 70s i'd rather be doing something i enjoy for the next 40 or so years. :P

Good luck with your maths :)

AbbyMcKenna
13-07-2017, 10:43 PM
i love exams lol

King-Tom
14-07-2017, 11:26 AM
i love exams lol

lol fair enough, i remember in yr 6 i loved tests because i always done them quickly and we had a whole lesson to do them lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!