PDA

View Full Version : RyanAir

-:Undertaker:-
17-08-2017, 01:15 AM
anyone else think ryanair sucks

like usually i get ryanairs but recently little things about them have been irking me, from O'learys comments on Brexit to seeing a child refused a water while we were sat on the runway cos not allowed to serve a drink before take off or some bollocks. then i read ryanair are wanting drinks at airports banned cos of drunk behaviour when we all know its cos they wanna rip people off when in the sky

another thing i don't get it why is it only on ryanair they tell you to take out your earphones when the plane is landing or taking off?? easyjet, virgin or ethiad don't have that rubbish so what's that all about.

i dunno i just think they're bad at customer service and more i see of other airlines as an adult more i think mmhmm

thoughts

lemons
17-08-2017, 01:19 AM
if i have to have ryanair bingo cards stuffed down my throat on their flights for cheap tickets then so be it!

e5
17-08-2017, 05:34 AM
their customer service for me has been generally good.

they are a budget airline and make it possible for many more thousands to go on holiday, so i guess if it means i get a cheap flight, i'll put up with a woman who can't smile or silly rules.

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2017, 10:38 AM
"another thing i don't get it why is it only on ryanair they tell you to take out your earphones when the plane is landing or taking off?? easyjet, virgin or ethiad don't have that rubbish so what's that all about."

Put them back in after the cabin crew have done their final checks and have strapped into their seats - Job sorted.

scottish
18-08-2017, 07:39 PM
Isn't it so in the event of an emergency you can hear the instructions rather than listening to One Direction?

Either way hardly an inconvenience.

Pretty sure it's enforced by CAA?

xxMATTGxx
18-08-2017, 09:08 PM
Isn't it so in the event of an emergency you can hear the instructions rather than listening to One Direction?

Either way hardly an inconvenience.

Pretty sure it's enforced by CAA?

That will be the reason why they ask him to do that for sure rather than to annoy people.

GoldenMerc
19-08-2017, 07:16 PM
I try to avoid them and go Monarch

AgnesIO
20-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Generally get what you pay for. Wouldn't fly with them even if the alternative was to get a train.

Mikey
21-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Flew with them twice and never had a problem. Cheap flight and did what I needed.

Red
21-08-2017, 09:03 AM
Oh one time I nearly missed my flight for Ryanair and had ran so much to the gate I was pure dying but they gave me water before it took off. I don't mind them.

xxMATTGxx
21-08-2017, 01:42 PM
They get too much hate I think - If you want cheap flights then they are a pretty decent company to get from A to B. They are an EU airline and will follow high safety standards across the board.

Oleh
22-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Put them back in after the cabin crew have done their final checks and have strapped into their seats - Job sorted.

Flew with Flybe recently and they also have this policy.

23-08-2017, 12:06 AM
I went by RyanAir to Prague and given I usually take RyanAir in the past few years it was what I come to expect in airlines, a day later after I came back I went to Bilbao via EasyJet and it's been a few years since I went with them and boy did I really notice a difference. It was so much more professional and just... warm. It was like I was travelling on a higher class than just another budget airline.

O'Greedy is also saying flights could cease due to Brexit - well I say go right ahead mister.

xxMATTGxx
23-08-2017, 11:40 AM
It isn't just Ryanair who have concerns post-brexit. Quite a lot of the UK airport owners are pushing the government to make sure a deal is made with the EU to ensure flights/passengers numbers do not get negatively impacted.

- - - Updated - - -

Flew with Flybe recently and they also have this policy.

Yeah, it'll be due to any issues during a critical phase of flight. If there is an issue and you can't hear any important announcements from cabin crew due to you having music/tv/film blasting down your ears instead.

23-08-2017, 05:15 PM
It isn't just Ryanair who have concerns post-brexit. Quite a lot of the UK airport owners are pushing the government to make sure a deal is made with the EU to ensure flights/passengers numbers do not get negatively impacted.

Nah, he's talking out of his arse - did it before the referendum and still is now. At the end of the day if people want to go on holiday then they will book flights. It's got nothing to do with the EU. O'Leary is just upset that he's lost his lobbying position via Brussels.

xxMATTGxx
23-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Nah, he's talking out of his arse - did it before the referendum and still is now. At the end of the day if people want to go on holiday then they will book flights. It's got nothing to do with the EU. O'Leary is just upset that he's lost his lobbying position via Brussels.

Whats this then?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/22/airports-call-for-urgent-post-brexit-deal-on-uk-eu-flights

24-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Whats this then?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/22/airports-call-for-urgent-post-brexit-deal-on-uk-eu-flights[/QUOTE]

It's a Guardian article parroting what is a public (thus political) report by airlines and airports.

I guarantee flights to Europe will not fall by 41% just as I guaranteed there wouldn't be a recession following a Leave vote in the referendum. I was right then and I will be right again. I'll also guarantee O'Leary won't pull his flights. :P

With scare stories in general in the media and by political parties and companies, you always need to think of the bigger picture. The fact is that just as EU countries run flights to Norway, Australia, Russia and Canada, they'll run them to non-EU Britain and vice versa. No CEO would survive his shareholders with a move to cut off a lucrative air market of 70 million passengers.

Catchy
01-09-2017, 07:46 PM
over the last year i've flown with them multiple times and never had a problem with them tbh

RuthlessSlayer-
04-09-2017, 06:41 PM
Well I agree with you. They are sometimes a pain in the back side however I still travel with them simply because its good (cheap) for short-haul flights.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!