PDA

View Full Version : Who are your references on your CV?

-:Undertaker:-
06-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Who are your references on your CV?

Just put a new CV together and sorted my references, wondered how many do you have and who?

I have my former university professor (a member of the House of Lords) which looks pretty cool cos anyone with a title is right kk and i've got former owners of place i currently work down. and a former teacher who knows me well.

i'm still in touch with former teachers so tbh i've got a lot should i ever need.

WBU

Joe
07-09-2017, 01:04 AM
My current references are my old work place manager (bar) and my old personal tutor at University who I really got along well with. I look forward to changing them though as when I leave my Uni job I'm asking the head of Admissions to be one and then my project supervisor when I start my FYP.

scottish
07-09-2017, 07:27 AM
I don't put any on CV, I just say they're available at request.

For my current job I gave no reference though.

Charlie
07-09-2017, 08:40 AM
Same as Scott, I say they are available on request. When I do online forms and it asks, I just put my current manager down and my previous manager.

Absently
07-09-2017, 08:49 AM
My manager in my last job and my other manager from my job before that

Neversoft
07-09-2017, 11:04 AM
For jobs, it's a former employer. When I applied for my MA, they needed two (and one needed to be academic), so I got one from a former employer and one from my former tutor at university. I hoping to get a couple of strong references following my postgraduate study, as you need a ton these days if you apply for anything with clout.

nat965
08-09-2017, 08:12 AM
Former teacher who loved my work, former employer and a friend.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!