PDA

View Full Version : Competition: Random Wisdom - Ends 10th October

TinyFroggy
01-10-2018, 02:28 PM
https://habbox.com/cache/scripts/fontgenerator/functions/events.php?font=flags&str=Random+wisdom

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Hyl9E4HseQI/Wl5qrOxfPPI/AAAAAAAADig/1arwcZZLGp89puEQ2e8qmpKr3xOOK3aUgCLcBGAs/s400/doublequote.gif

"Some people live more in their 20s than others do in their 80s. It's not the time that matters, it's the person." - The Doctor

Every now and then, you will stumble upon wisdom words and quotes that somehow change your life, or at least by bits. For me, personally, it was the quote above as I mentioned. I believe in it so much that now, every minute and second, I keep on thinking, what differences can I make? NOW. Not in 5 years, not in 10 years. But NOW. 'Cause I am the one who decides who I'm going to be. And I will not surrender to time and let anything be as if I couldn't make the change! I can and I will.

Therefore, since I told you mine, what's the most prominent words of wisdom or quote that you have heard in your life?

5c or 50 forum tokens to 2 random entrants.

YellowBelli
03-10-2018, 06:51 AM
This competition is now open!

LidyaWillows
03-10-2018, 01:11 PM
its a quote from the book milk and honey - 'you might be the music and they have their ears cut off' = its so simple and so effective

hannahpig
03-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. - Walt Disney

Honestly I lived by this quote. Also turned out Walt Disney never said it, still an awesome word of wisdom though!

Cadigyna
03-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Keep moving forward. Don't look back. Search to the heavens. Follow your dreams. Be who you are. Go for the goal. Keep believing. Hold on tight. Don't let go.

FlyingJesus
07-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Don't eat yellow snow

Blance
08-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Ugh, You know How Hard It Is To Pick Just One!

So, after narrowing it down i chose...

"You See, Heaven Isn't Some Place That We Go To When We Die. It's That Split Second In Life Where You Actually Feel Alive, And Until The End Of Time, We Chase The Memory Of That, Hoping The Future Holds Something Better Than The Past"

but i also wanted to include this. from the second i read it years ago it always stuck with me.

"Isn’t a person just a collection of their mistakes, and also their, kind of, undoing of their mistakes? I mean, what else are you? You know, you’re always…you’re always just the reaction to the bad parts of yourself, I think. And I think that’s what is kind of like, a driving motivation behind any human being that’s…who wants to continue to grow and live life. ‘Cause they’re looking at their flaws and trying to, go beyond it. And I think that a person, you know, essentially dies when they think that they found themselves, ya know? Unless you want to admit that you, yourself, are not an individual, and are just part of a whole…movement of ideas, and thought, and culture, and humanity and, furthermore, the universe, and everything -- unless you really feel like that, and you’re walking through walls, you know, you are always trying to find yourself. And it’s usually a person who believes that they’ve found “the answer” -- found “the end” -- that there actually is a psychological end. And then what’s the point of, you know, doing anything after that?" - Michael Larson AkA Eyedea

Dapulu
10-10-2018, 12:04 AM
"There's more time than life" is what my granma used to say, she only spoke spanish and it sound very nice and wisdomy so I guess its weird to look at in English for the get-go

Still, while thinking about that phrase I have applied it to different things in my life. Usually once people are always "busy" you gotta remember that there's never gonna be enough time to quench all the things you have to and want to do. Also if you never take some time do stuff thats not a priority, its never going to get done.... you know, small things like that. Some other deep sht too but I'm gonna hold-off on that one. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!