PDA

View Full Version : Dreaming to be a frequent train user

TinyFroggy
20-11-2018, 12:22 AM
I've always hope during my childhood to get a license so that I can drive to nearest train station and get on it to go to the cities. Nowadays, when I do have the license, I ended up going to the city directly. I find it very convenient since I can actually change whatever plans that I have, and also access the place where the train doesn't reach. However, I miss the time when I used to read on the train, listen to musics and just watch people on the train.

How about you?

-:Undertaker:-
20-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Railway and flying are my favourite methods of transport, yeah.

Liverpool has a metro/underground so whenever I am home I use at least once a week to go into the city centre.

http://projectmapping.co.uk/Reviews/Resources/Merseyrail%20map%20(Kieran%20Jogl.jpg

TinyFroggy
20-11-2018, 10:05 PM
That must be nice. But don't you just hate the complex route they have? Or is it only me not getting used to reading it XD

-:Undertaker:-
17-02-2019, 01:48 PM
That must be nice. But don't you just hate the complex route they have? Or is it only me not getting used to reading it XD

it's easy, just hop lines

London Underground is muchhhh bigger and more complicated, but i can navigate it well even tho i don't live there

lawrawrrr
17-02-2019, 05:59 PM
I work in central London and live on the outskirts so trains are basically my life. The Underground is genuinely a fascinating system with such a rich history that has literally impacted millions and millions of people around the world.

But commuting every day is a bloody nightmare!!! The trains are always packed, backed up - the infrastructure (the rails and stations) are just not built for the amount of people trying to get into the city every day :(

Zak
18-02-2019, 12:28 PM
I'll sometimes catch the overground rail service to Birmingham or to Euston. I've used the metro in London, Paris and New York City. All are easy peasy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!