PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering over Christmas

Jarkie
03-12-2018, 04:00 PM
We all know Christmas is quite a magical time of the year. However, for some it is quite bad and not that enjoyable.

I am just wondering how many of you volunteer over Christmas? I normally do a Soup Kitchen shift with my local church, this year I will be doing policing duties.

If you don't normally volunteer, I highly recommend that, if you can, donate some cash to charities that help the homeless etc over the holiday period to give someone that extra spark and warmth over Christmas.

tbl
04-12-2018, 04:04 AM
I haven't volunteered over Christmas before, but it has always interested me. My family gives money to toys for tots and a local food bank.

TinyFroggy
04-12-2018, 08:45 AM
During celebrations, my family also usually do the same. Giving away foods and cloths. Been hoping to go for soup kitchen volunteering but not sure when.

Jarkie
04-12-2018, 08:54 AM
I haven't volunteered over Christmas before, but it has always interested me. My family gives money to toys for tots and a local food bank.

I do highly recommend it, if you ever get the chance too! :) But it is good to hear what your family does though!

During celebrations, my family also usually do the same. Giving away foods and cloths. Been hoping to go for soup kitchen volunteering but not sure when.

This is lovely to hear, I do highly recommend it, if you ever get the chance too! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!