PDA

View Full Version : Debate On Homework

xCandice.Tx
29-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Hello Everyone

What do u think of student's getting homework from teachers should it be banned or should it stay in and students keep doing homework that they get given by the teachers to have your say please do it would mean alot to me and to all the students out there.

Your's Faithfully

Candice.T

Habbox-Gal
29-09-2005, 08:31 AM
>:( Excuse me Wrong forum !! post it at the debate forum

LesbianGhost
29-09-2005, 09:16 AM
This has what to do with runescape..?

Bef
29-09-2005, 09:23 AM
Alot, see prune scape stops children doing homework so they get into trouble, so they get upset, so they lock themselves in there rooms and play prune, so they dont do there homework ect...
Its a vicious circle. I think i should sue prune... even though im not in school and barely go on prune but meh! SUING IS FUN!
Ok... i suc when i havn't slept!

Rashelly
29-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Kids have it way too easy in school these days, they should be given more work.
When i was at school, all I did was mess around, hardly did any work and still passed all my GCSEs.
not that this has anything to do with runescape but still.

Ezzie.
29-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Moved to education forum.

Georgia
29-09-2005, 04:28 PM
I think you should get 2 piece of homework for each subject a week.
I have 52 MATHS!!! questions to do for TOMORROW!!! noone understands it

Clarissa
29-09-2005, 04:32 PM
I get so much homework, Im in year 9 and i am doing about 3-4 hours a night. I think everyone should get homework but only about an hour or somthing.

-Paul
30-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello Everyone

What do u think of student's getting homework from teachers should it be banned or should it stay in and students keep doing homework that they get given by the teachers to have your say please do it would mean alot to me and to all the students out there.

Your's Faithfully

Candice.T

SCHOOL FOR WORK, HOME FOR PLAY HEHE :eusa_danc :eusa_pray :eusa_danc

ashLOVESMatt!
30-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Hello Everyone

Your's Faithfully

Candice.T

what a stupid post, the teachers give you homework for your benefit. Doing work independantly gets your brain working more without the tution of your teacher so ultimately you will learn more hopefully.

Col
30-09-2005, 04:40 PM
It's been said by the goverment that if you do not recieve homework, then you are going to end up staying in school longer than the usual time.
The goverment have been thinking of doing away with homeworks, but I think that has went down the drain now. So, if they where to do away with homeworks, then you would have to stay in school longer than usual.

Now, I would rather get home earlier, and have homework rather than stay late in school and have no homework.
But, that is my opinion :)

Stacey.
03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Hello Everyone

Your's Faithfully

Candice.T

Homework shouldn't be banned, it should just be taken down a notch.
I'm Year 10, I don't get that much actually... but I've seen people complain about how much they get, and they should only do an hour or less!

Georgia
03-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Homework shouldn't be banned, it should just be taken down a notch.
I'm Year 10, I don't get that much actually... but I've seen people complain about how much they get, and they should only do an hour or less!

We are suppose to spend about 45minutes on each piece ;o

Not-Thrilled
03-10-2005, 09:39 PM
You go to school, you get homework. You go to college, you get homework.You go to university, you get homework. Noticed the patern? Full marks to those that did. The reality is, you're gonna get homework for a very long time so live with it. It's been around since school started so it's not gonna go away unfortunately.

BLuweesH
04-10-2005, 03:42 AM
I think homework is necessary but I think that too much homework is not good. I just think we should get the required amount, some teachers and parents are giving too much or putting too much pressure on students these days. I've had that question from Years 3-6 kids when I've did talks at primary schools when they ask questions about how homework is too difficult or whatever.

Jashmine
04-10-2005, 04:14 AM
Homework is needed and there's nothing really that wrong with it. The only thing that does get annoying is when you get a teacher who throws three damn assignments at you at the same time and still expects you to get them done by a certain time.
But if you're getting an okay amount it's fine o.O

BLuweesH
04-10-2005, 08:47 AM
Homework is needed and there's nothing really that wrong with it. The only thing that does get annoying is when you get a teacher who throws three damn assignments at you at the same time and still expects you to get them done by a certain time.
But if you're getting an okay amount it's fine o.O

Three assignments at once? That's nothing.

Try getting assessments for all the subjects you do thrown to you at once Jas :P And they all count towards your final mark too! Now that's difficult! xD It's usually about 5 different assessments too.

kaut
04-10-2005, 09:41 AM
Three assignments at once? That's nothing.

Try getting assessments for all the subjects you do thrown to you at once Jas :P And they all count towards your final mark too! Now that's difficult! xD It's usually about 5 different assessments too.

and then add 30 table drawings, 5 5'x3' life drawing studies, a sculpture, two rolls of film to be developed and printed, and 30 hours in the printmaking studio all due by the end of the week. Gee was college or uhm... guess uni for you guys... fun :rolleyes: . I'd be happy if all I had to do was work on math problems for 3 hours a night.

If you don't have homework, how exactly are you supposed to learn. It's how teacher's can see how you're progressing and it hammers in the basic principles of the subject into your head so you won't forget them down the road when you'll need them.

Grig
18-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Lol I did WHOLE 5 page debate about this subject of homework getting banned from school lol with was very convincing and the only person who hates homework is our tutor lol also an ICT teahcer

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!