PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish

_Olam_
20-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Hey hey!

Well my favourite band is Evanescence, but in close second is a band I'm going to describe here, called Nightwish.

Nightwish are a sort of gothically themed rock band, but their lyrics are not like other famous goth themes such as Marilyn Manson and such, there's very little on suicide and darkness.

The music itself is perfect, it always has twists and peaks, which can keep you listening for ages.

The lyrics themselves are all amazingly 'deep', I find I cannot listen to a song unless it has lyrics that almost shine, and Nightwish's lyrical genius definitely do that.

Some of their songs are incredibly long as songs go, which may seem tiresome at first, but they are usually the more adventurous songs.

They come from Finland, yet the lyrics are written in perfect English. With many references to ancient mythological creatures and people from the ancient world.

I've seen one song of theirs on Scuzz, called Nemo, I don't know if they have made videos for any of their other songs though.

So thoughts? Opinions? Hate 'em? Like 'em?

Sorry if there is a thread on this already, I searched the forum and saw no such message.

And please attempt to reason why you like/dislike them, just going:
"WELL I DUN LIKE DA SINGER, SHE IS WEL FIT BUT I, I DUNT WONNA."

Also if you wanna know more:
http://www.nightwish.com - The Official Site

Mr.Kylee
20-10-2004, 12:55 PM
I love evanescence but im not goth or anything :x and lyrics are really gd idunno nightwish that well

_Olam_
20-10-2004, 05:08 PM
I love evanescence but im not goth or anything :x and lyrics are really gd idunno nightwish that well

If you like Evanescence I definitely suggest getting one of Nightwish's albums.

OceanBorn/Century Child/Once are all great albums, Century Child is the one I'm liking most at the moment.

I can't comment on the others, but some of the songs are just beautiful.

Trance
22-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Nightwish is excellent, the instruments they commonly use are great.

In fact, I'm listening to Nightwish- Moondance right now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!