PDA

View Full Version : Xavier suspended from football.

Michael.
17-10-2005, 06:44 PM
From BBC Sport:

Middlesbrough's Portuguese defender Abel Xavier has been suspended by Fifa from all competitions after a positive drugs test, the club has announced.

The 32-year-old former Liverpool player was tested after the Uefa Cup tie against Xanthi on 29 September and produced a positive sample.
A statement on the club website said it "does not feel it is in a position to make any comment at this time".
Xavier is expected to make a public statement on Tuesday morning.
The defender has won 20 caps for his country and first came to England in 1999, when he joined Everton from PSV Eindhoven.
He spent two and a half seasons with Everton before moving to Liverpool, but despite scoring on his Liverpool debut, he only made 13 league starts at Anfield.
After a loan spell at Galatasaray, he became a free agent and joined Roma at the start of this year, leaving when he failed to agree terms for a new contract.
He joined Boro at the end of August as a replacement for Michael Reiziger, who left the Riverside to join PSV. Xavier has played for Boro since the Xanthi game, in the 3-2 Premiership win over Aston Villa, but he was not involved in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Portsmouth.

What's the point?! He didn't need to! I hope he gets all the punishment he deserves.

Thread Title changed by smiddy1234 - please don't be rude ;)

the wombats
17-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Lol ok small dude, dont take a fit :p Hmmmm, why do drugs and that? He deserves to be suspended really

Michael.
17-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I know. And how dare ye call me small dude!

YellowParasol
17-10-2005, 06:54 PM
He does Deservew to be banned from all Competitions :P

the wombats
17-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I know. And how dare ye call me small dude!
Easy, I called you small :p How long is he suspended for?

Jordan3
17-10-2005, 07:00 PM
One word. Prat.

Rou
17-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Thats why he wasnt playing saturday:o

I got hit by the ball of Yakubu almost hit my m8 :D

GoldenBiscuit
23-10-2005, 11:18 PM
From BBC Sport:

Middlesbrough's Portuguese defender Abel Xavier has been suspended by Fifa from all competitions after a positive drugs test, the club has announced.

The 32-year-old former Liverpool player was tested after the Uefa Cup tie against Xanthi on 29 September and produced a positive sample.
A statement on the club website said it "does not feel it is in a position to make any comment at this time".
Xavier is expected to make a public statement on Tuesday morning.
The defender has won 20 caps for his country and first came to England in 1999, when he joined Everton from PSV Eindhoven.
He spent two and a half seasons with Everton before moving to Liverpool, but despite scoring on his Liverpool debut, he only made 13 league starts at Anfield.
After a loan spell at Galatasaray, he became a free agent and joined Roma at the start of this year, leaving when he failed to agree terms for a new contract.
He joined Boro at the end of August as a replacement for Michael Reiziger, who left the Riverside to join PSV. Xavier has played for Boro since the Xanthi game, in the 3-2 Premiership win over Aston Villa, but he was not involved in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Portsmouth.

What's the point?! He didn't need to! I hope he gets all the punishment he deserves.

Thread Title changed by smiddy1234 - please don't be rude ;)
Shame, he was good at giving away penaltys was hoping he might give his old team one back. :P
-Dan

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!