HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    -:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    thats completely irrelevant to what you just said
    show me evidence that the public supports johnsons actions
    I assume you support an extension. Tell me what an extension will achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz
    if it was created by the "remain civil service" they why did michael gove lie about it being out of date and why did they change the wording on it from "base case" to "worst case" just before they released it? Why did they also feel the need to redact some of it?
    Why have the authors of this report not been in touch with Calais/Dover when compiling this report, as IDS discovered?

I'll give you the answer - because it's as much a report reflecting reality as the North Korean news is.

the answer to your latter question is in section 3, 6, 7, 18.
    its really not that hard to understand that imposing customs checks will delay the flow of traffic which will impact time sensitive goods, but if you are struggling with that concept then let me know
    Well it's lucky we live in the 21st century where we have ships, planes and trains then isn't it.

See this is the problem. Where's your critical thinking skills? Anyone faced with these claims would ask themselves why fresh food and medical supplies would suddenly stop when every non-EU country (150+) has fresh food and medicine supplies. Anyone with an ounce of independent thinking would ponder how on earth we managed to get hold of medical + fresh food supplies before 1994 when the Channel Tunnel opened. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know that many of our imports come in through the ports and underneath aeroplanes.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post

that poll is poor as i may not support a 3 month extension, but may support a 2 year extension, revocation etc.

stop trying to steer the conversation away from showing me evidence people support the actions of boris for a no deal on 31st october

Why have the authors of this report not been in touch with Calais/Dover when compiling this report, as IDS discovered?

I'll give you the answer - because it's as much a report reflecting reality as the North Korean news is.
    you mean the same iain duncan smith who brought in universal credit which has been one of the biggest flops in policy implementation in recent memory
    he doesnt even name an individual who said they didnt consult the calais side of things so who exactly is meant to refute it? speaking of which, its been in the news since at least january this year that there is some expansion taking place and i highly doubt they wouldnt have done at least a small google on the subject
    you also ignore any preperation (or lack of) in dover

Well it's lucky we live in the 21st century where we have ships, planes and trains then isn't it.

See this is the problem. Where's your critical thinking skills? Anyone faced with these claims would ask themselves why fresh food and medical supplies would suddenly stop when every non-EU country (150+) has fresh food and medicine supplies. Anyone with an ounce of independent thinking would ponder how on earth we managed to get hold of medical + fresh food supplies before 1994 when the Channel Tunnel opened. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know that many of our imports come in through the ports and underneath aeroplanes.
    trains might not be the best example given the only links we have are to eu countries

many other issues i have with what youve just said though, dont you worry
    im well aware that a significant amount of our imports come through sea ports, but something that you havent considered in your amazing analysis is their capacity which in most cases could be upgraded even if it has peaked, sure, but this has not happened
    i think youre also just dismissing how different it was in 1994 to now
    you also just ignore that individuals and businesses may just not be prepared - be it their own fault or not, this still would lead to issues
    one of the reasons is literally panic buying
    and quite frankly im more likely to trust actual doctors on the issue of medicines than people who went and studied history and to be honest as well, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when doctors raise genuine concerns and theyre told by people like rees mogg its project fear

i think the worst part about all of your reply is that i dont think you actually read the report since it never says it says the supply of food or medicine will stop

- - - Updated - - -

that poll is poor as i may not support a 3 month extension, but may support a 2 year extension, revocation etc.

stop trying to steer the conversation away from showing me evidence people support the actions of boris for a no deal on 31st october

you mean the same iain duncan smith who brought in universal credit which has been one of the biggest flops in policy implementation in recent memory
    he doesnt even name an individual who said they didnt consult the calais side of things so who exactly is meant to refute it? speaking of which, its been in the news since at least january this year that there is some expansion taking place and i highly doubt they wouldnt have done at least a small google on the subject

trains might not be the best example given the only links we have are to eu countries

im well aware that a significant amount of our imports come through sea ports, but something that you havent considered in your amazing analysis is their capacity which in most cases could be upgraded even if it has peaked, sure, but this has not happened
    you also just ignore that individuals and businesses may just not be prepared - be it their own fault or not, this still would lead to issues
    and quite frankly im more likely to trust actual doctors on the issue of medicines than people who went and studied history and to be honest as well, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when doctors raise genuine concerns and theyre told by people like rees mogg its project fear

i think the worst part about all of your reply is that i dont think you actually read the report since it never says it says the supply of food or medicine will stop

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    The choice is No Deal or a 3 month extension, which do you support?

The polling for the Conservative Party, Boris's personal popularity and the fact the opposition are running away from an election.

IDS is prevented doing so because of Privy Council rules.

If you search online, you'll find Calais have said they are prepared with the Port Chief describing the scaremongering as 'bullshit'.

https://order-order.com/2019/08/12/c...ing-la-bullst/

Alternatively, you could watch this exchange with Iain Dale regarding the Port of Dover.

I will give you it that we should have been better prepared earlier, but thanks to former Remain Chancellor Philip Hammond this was made impossible as HM Treasury kept blocking any No Deal preparations. Even PM May, weak as she was, couldn't stand him.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...aims-jzvqc9pj6

It reminds me of how Cameron and Osborne blocked the Civil Service from doing any planning in the event of a Leave victory.

Trains run from airports and ports.

Ports already have a higher capacity for seasonal variations such as Christmas. Think of the countless shipments of Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese goods being shipped into Britain during November and December. Plenty of capacity and preparation time.

Island/isolated-nations like Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Indonesia, Madagascar and countless others seem to manage in the post-1994 world with purely relying on shipments and air freight. And they're *much* further away from neighbouring countries.

Luckily this government is running a visibility campaign for the 31st October then.

The Doctor who Rees-Mogg clashed with is a Remain activist. I trust a Doctor to open my chest up and look inside, I don't trust a Doctor simply because he's a Doctor to tell me the ins and outs of how non-EU customs works. I'll use my own critical thinking.

So what's the panic all about?

I said earlier, I live and work in Spain and not once have I been in the slightest bit concerned about my well-being vis a vis Brexit.

Cool heads, common sense and we'll prevail.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 14-09-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I said earlier, I live and work in Spain and not once have I been in the slightest bit concerned about my well-being vis a vis Brexit.
    You hate the EU yet you live and work in an EU country. You can't seem to see the irony of the fact that you live and work where you do because of the EU. If we were never in the EU or left before you got a job in Spain, maybe you would still be searching for a job in the UK.
    Like dbgtz Liked

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    You hate the EU yet you live and work in an EU country. You can't seem to see the irony of the fact that you live and work where you do because of the EU. If we were never in the EU or left before you got a job in Spain, maybe you would still be searching for a job in the UK.
    I don't understand what your point is.

I regularly get advertisements and emails from companies in China, India, Vietnam, Russia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and countless others wanting me to apply there. I could literally move to one of these countries in a couple of weeks should I wish. In fact, right now I am looking at going to work in Australia next year as a possibility. The Commonwealth of Australia, a 100% sovereign nation state.

Now the last time I checked, all of those countries were not in the European Union. So again, what point are you trying to make?
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 16-09-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I regularly get advertisements and emails from companies in China, India, Vietnam, Russia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and countless others wanting me to apply there. I could literally move to one of these countries in a couple of weeks should I wish.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing lol

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't understand what your point is.

I regularly get advertisements and emails from companies in China, India, Vietnam, Russia, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and countless others wanting me to apply there. I could literally move to one of these countries in a couple of weeks should I wish. In fact, right now I am looking at going to work in Australia next year as a possibility. The Commonwealth of Australia, a 100% sovereign nation state.

Now the last time I checked, all of those countries were not in the European Union. So again, what point are you trying to make?
    Are you seriously comparing the job market in Spain to that of China, India etc? Wow, you're more ignorant that I thought.

HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Are you seriously comparing the job market in Spain to that of China, India etc? Wow, you're more ignorant that I thought.
    We weren't discussing solely the job market. We were talking about living abroad.

Clearly it is possible to live abroad without EU Freedom of Movement. So I don't see any irony in me living and working abroad, no.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234