HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

guys ive noticed on the habbox account there are a LOT of habbo users retweeting etc but i don't think they use the forum as have never seen their names about

could we do a competition on the twitter that involves using the forum

like @wixard; suggested: rt or like/sign up to forum/post 5 times win a throne etc

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens
    Habbo
    GoldenMerc

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I think it's been pretty clear so far that emailing the db isn't proving to be exactly successful
    You also are forgetting you have a database of 20,000+ dead emails. Thus we kept being spam filtered...

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    You asked for the job knowing there was no budget though? Yeah you used a script on your site that caused issue with SSL as your certificate expired.

So basically waiting for others to do something then just sending out an email?

Surely there's more to the marketing department than just sending out an email when someone else does their job?
    Exactly, I never said I was bringing in new users, I said i'd re-engage an old database (which i've partially done, we had a good few old members return)
    So basically waiting for others to do something then just sending out an email?

Surely there's more to the marketing department than just sending out an email when someone else does their job?
    Sure, but with £0 in the purse, no marketing tools, not a hell of a lot you can do other than split testing - which we can't do as Chris has skins to build, I have big boy things to do rather than baby sitting Skynus to actually do some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Empired View Post
    I'm so sorry to sound rude but everything you listed there is someone elses work except emails? I could accept you saying soz nothing cos no budget but why are you listing Chris' skin as something you're doing?
    What do you want me to email out? we lost 2 months of posts, the forum has become a voting poll, everyone hyped saying the liking system would bring new users in...

I mean I'm not bothered either way, I just think you have to remember people are donating time, without being paid.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

I actually really like the sound of a monthly article saying what's coming up at Habbox, what is currently being worked on and kind of like a 'behind the scenes' view on things. I could speak to managers and get some information which could then be kind of like the feature you mentioned from the box (which I always found really interesting and useful to read as it kept the community in the loop).

If Laura and co want this to go ahead I'm more than happy to request a sexy banner for it and get one up ASAP to see how things go! Will be great for communication between managers too!

I will also get Chris to leak me some pics of V8 to put in too!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post
    You also are forgetting you have a database of 20,000+ dead emails. Thus we kept being spam filtered...
    So what you're saying is you're marketing to a database of very few people! I don't remember ever saying just focusing on old users coming back would be the role, marketing to me is a lot more about attracting outsiders in. A few have come back for the odd post or poke around but not stuck around unfortunately

Like scottish Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenMerc View Post

Exactly, I never said I was bringing in new users, I said i'd re-engage an old database (which i've partially done, we had a good few old members return)

Sure, but with £0 in the purse, no marketing tools, not a hell of a lot you can do other than split testing - which we can't do as Chris has skins to build, I have big boy things to do rather than baby sitting Skynus to actually do some work.

What do you want me to email out? we lost 2 months of posts, the forum has become a voting poll, everyone hyped saying the liking system would bring new users in...

I mean I'm not bothered either way, I just think you have to remember people are donating time, without being paid.
    No-one said likes will bring in new users lol it was part of a trend to modernise the forum, and as evident it's already used a lot more than rep has probably in the past 6 months.

I understand people are donating time but I also understand the need for a position and honestly your position doesn't seem necessary.

Essentially all you're doing is sending out an email when new features/skins/etc are implemented and I'm sure anyone who's currently staff could do the same with absolutely no marketing experience.

When you asked for the job you knew there was no money, you knew the situation of the forum after being here for years so you couldn't have expected them to throw money at you?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

stop blaming skyuns for everything

i hope he quits to be honest, he gets no appreciation
    Like Kyle Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Expling

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    guys ive noticed on the habbox account there are a LOT of habbo users retweeting etc but i don't think they use the forum as have never seen their names about

could we do a competition on the twitter that involves using the forum

like @wixard; suggested: rt or like/sign up to forum/post 5 times win a throne etc
    I was thinking of doing a gb comp where they come on, make an account and post in a thread somewhere to be in with the chance of winning it but with all of the downtime comps and stuff there just wasn't room

great idea though definitely worth thinking about, I think Kelly had a similar idea too

Like buttons Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I actually really like the sound of a monthly article saying what's coming up at Habbox, what is currently being worked on and kind of like a 'behind the scenes' view on things. I could speak to managers and get some information which could then be kind of like the feature you mentioned from the box (which I always found really interesting and useful to read as it kept the community in the loop).

If Laura and co want this to go ahead I'm more than happy to request a sexy banner for it and get one up ASAP to see how things go! Will be great for communication between managers too!

I will also get Chris to leak me some pics of V8 to put in too!
    That would be good, I liked it in the box and it means users are actually aware of what managers are doing so when people say I'm too busy!! we know why

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

No one said the like system alone would bring new users in.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator
    Like David, Prosiary, Joe Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    So what you're saying is you're marketing to a database of very few people! I don't remember ever saying just focusing on old users coming back would be the role, marketing to me is a lot more about attracting outsiders in. A few have come back for the odd post or poke around but not stuck around unfortunately
    Indeed, if he asked for the job with the understanding that he'd email old members to ask them to come back I'm not sure he would have got the position..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wixard View Post
    stop blaming skyuns for everything

i hope he quits to be honest, he gets no appreciation
    Deleted 2 months of posts should do ;lll

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast