HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    SarahsGaming

Latest Awards:

Default Why Hasn't Habbo Shut Down?

I logged into habbo which I haven't done for years, it was so dead and hasn't changed much, still a bunch of 20 and 21 year old perverts asking for snap chat, skype and if you have a webcam, so terrible! Its not like how it used to be. How habbo isnt shut down yet is beyond me!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tokens
    Habbo
    mdport.

Latest Awards:

because if it closes think of the hundreds of people that will be out of a job. All of the Special Agents at the FBI and White House receptionists, won't know what to do with their time

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Profitable companies don't just fold because someone who doesn't use their service doesn't like them
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

I'm surprised Habbo hasn't done more in 15+ years. It's essentially the same game it was 10 years ago with minor tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    makes too much money
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJesus View Post
    Profitable companies don't just fold because someone who doesn't use their service doesn't like them
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    I'm surprised Habbo hasn't done more in 15+ years. It's essentially the same game it was 10 years ago with minor tweaks.
    I kind-of agree, if you break it down to the bare bones it is the same as it always has been, and I think that may be part of the problem. When I first joined Habbo, in late-2002, Habbo was pretty much the most impressive thing on the Internet. Since then though, the "age of social media" has exploded. MySpace has come and gone, whilst other platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram still reign supreme, and allow particular users to reach even higher levels of "e-fame". The relatively primitive Habbo struggles to compete.

I will defend Habbo a bit, though. As I said, I first joined in late-2002 in a much simpler time (before waving, HC, Pets, etc), and as a fairly regular regular user over the last fourteen years, I have to say that in my humble opinion the "product" now is better than it has ever been. My issue with Habbo is largely with the users, and I include myself in this. The majority of the community has moved on. Today, Habbo Users (particularly the older ones), are a bunch of self-entitled moaners, whereas back in the day, Habbo users were a lot more grateful despite having a lot less, and were much more imaginative and just cracked on and enjoyed themselves. Using myself as an example, what do I do when I log on to Habbo? I either work on my furniture museum, alone, or just stand about in 18+ rooms for a bit. I'm not surprised I find it boring.

Anyway, Habbo will close down once they stop making money.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Despect

Latest Awards:

Probably because theres still silly people out there that still buys credits