HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    hungryfront

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    That's why I posted it.

After all, you're a single person among some seven billion. The world does not revolve around or conform to you.
    Neither you, sweetie.

https://youtu.be/kVDzh04aHtI

It's like telling someone with cancer to suck it up and get on with it. They physically can not help it. It could kill them.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Also let me remind you that people shouldn't be classified based on what organs they have. Let me say it very clearly so you conservatives understand: YOUR SEXUAL ORGANS DO NOT EFFECT YOUR BRAIN OR EMOTIONS.

Got it? If you need me to explain it, feel free to DM me as I know you have trouble understanding things x

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

moderator alert Posts merged by Charlie (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post, thanks.
    Last edited by Charlie; 13-05-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    just here to be political considering there's been a pretty one-sided viewpoint on here for a couple of years x

Tokens
    Habbo
    Habbic

Latest Awards:

I think you're trying to overcompensate due to the fact you're gay and you're viewing crying as a sign of femininity.

Just my 2 cents.

but yeah this whole thread is just as ******ed as one would expect.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

"Life sucks, deal with it"

Yeah to some extent I agree with this, but if a cry helps you why shouldn't you have a cry?? Doesn't harm anyone does it :@

some people are lucky enough to not have any serious mental health issues so great for you, some people like me are able to develop coping mechanisms to get on with a "normal" life (high-functioning 5eva) but what you clearly dont grasp with your wonderful "snap out of it" comment is that it can profoundly impact someone's life so much that even if they're DESPERATE to leave the house and have a social life etc they can't physically get themselves out to do it? I used to think it was a joke and who can't force themselves to get up (like you say) but that is being lucky, being high functioning. I've had a couple of episodes myself when the fear of something was so crippling that I physically had no energy to get up/couldn't mentally get myself to leave my front door.

anyway yes basically I love what @Neversoft; has already said that's just fab

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Different things work for different people, we are all different and have individual differences. To some people, having a good cry helps them to get over things and is a coping mechanism. It's a way of expressing emotion rather than keeping it in, which can be a good thing sometimes. It's alright to tell yourself to "get over it" but half the time you probably won't be over it and the problem will just get worse until you break much much harder. It sounds easy enough in practice, and I'm sure if it was that simple everyone would do it and there would be no sadness in the world, but conditioning yourself like that is not easy at all to some people. It's a natural response really and people shouldn't be told it's not okay.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

There there don't cry now over my 'insensitive' comments. You're not the only person entitled to a view on mental health.

Have a tissue x
    Oh, you do make me laugh. Sometimes I wonder if you're just a troll — you can't possibly be so ignorant. I particularly enjoyed when you used my exact words against me, like it made some fancy counterpoint, but rather it reinforces the individuality of the mind, which is what you're arguing against. Good job, there.

As for your follow-up, do you really have nothing better to say? Apparently I'm a little baby — a lesser person because I cry and you don't — but you always seem so reluctant to compose a proper counterargument. You act like some rock hard, dogmatic maestro, but you just come across as defensive to me.

It really seems you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, but stay in your bubble if it makes you happy. You're insensitive, but I'm personally not offended by anything you say. Honestly, it's just amusing. I'd really like to see you tell somebody with PTSD to sleep it off.

I don't actually regard depression as an illness, just a normal human emotion aka sadness that we go through periods with or many years with. Some can deal with it, others can't. IMHO anyway.
    You used to be so bright.
    Last edited by Neversoft; 12-05-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

undertaker gets off on going against the grain, nothing to see here

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

wait you think depression is sadness

do you realise that that is literaly physically completely untrue

it's down to how your body produces levels of hormones

I genuinely think the real issue here (shocker) is that dan has a misunderstanding of what depression and other MH issues are and just equates the closest thing he has in his life (feeling a bit sad) to that, and projects that on everyone else. And is too closed-minded to listen to what... well everyone else in this thread is saying to open his mind to something different. Just because you haven't experienced something, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

On 1st May, a local 16/17 year old college student who a lot of my Facebook friends knew (either by knowing him personally, or going to the same high school/college as him) took his life because he was constantly being bullied by a group of people for years, calling him attention seeking, telling him they were glad he was dead, saying the pictures he showed of his self harming scars were for attention and next time he should cut deeper because he clearly didn't do a good enough job the first time. Should he have just got over it? He put on a front and appeared happy, he had a relationship and a lot of friends who liked him and was a true friend to him but the negativity outweighed the positive factors of his life, see that's what happens when someone can't come out and say what's wrong, or can't come up with coping mechanisms, they get pushed and pushed until the edge. Keeping it all bottled up to him was the option, and it got to the point where he couldn't take it anymore. He committed suicide, was that better than crying to someone, or just being able to talk to them? A lad lost his life because of depression and bullying, he couldn't just snap out of it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Empired

Latest Awards:

Ok except what if you don't have mental health issues but something really shitty just happens. Is that different or should I still just brush it off?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Prosiary

Latest Awards:

You are literally the most idiotic person I've seen on here, and that's hard to beat. Do you even have an understanding of MH properly? Or did you post this to annoy everyone like you post everything you absolute moronic ****tard. I wish it was real easy to "snap out" of my mental illness, i **** wish it was, you know how hard it is?

If you truly know what it felt like to have mental illness' then you wouldn't post this as you would know how debilitating it is.

There's a huge stigma to everything surrounding mental health, and people like you just add to it and it's not needed.

I would of said more but most have said what I wanted to say.

liam //

www.habbox.com/jobs

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast