HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    no im just frustrated that worse things happen in the world and they dont get the same recognition in the media. the fact that it was an ariana grande concert is perhaps the only reason why this has gone world wide
    it's true that western tragedies get more cover than african/middle east/asian but that's for the same reason that news from scotland rarely reaches me here in london.... it's not local

we as a human race tend to be more sympathetic to our "own kind" because it's very easy to imagine yourself in that situation. I can't imagine being in a war zone in Syria or Libya for example but I can very much imagine being in Manchester so it's much more real
    to me. And to thousands of others.

Many of the other "worse things in the world" are reported on in exactly the same way, but they just don't get shared because we can't imagine ourselves in those situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    Perhaps the old-time definition of humane needs to change in today's society.
    ok please redefine it i'd literally love to know what you think is humane

Tokens
    Habbo
    vls

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    it's true that western tragedies get more cover than african/middle east/asian but that's for the same reason that news from scotland rarely reaches me here in london.... it's not local

we as a human race tend to be more sympathetic to our "own kind" because it's very easy to imagine yourself in that situation. I can't imagine being in a war zone in Syria or Libya for example but I can very much imagine being in Manchester so it's much more real
    to me. And to thousands of others.

Many of the other "worse things in the world" are reported on in exactly the same way, but they just don't get shared because we can't imagine ourselves in those situations.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah i udnerstand what ur saying i guess but its still annoying how this is going to bbe the topic of discussion for a sold week and i just cant deal with it

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

MY opinion on matters:

London Mayor Sadiq Khan was right by saying that terrorism is “part and parcel of living in a big city”. Terrorism is hardly a new concept and an attack can happen at any moment whatever the national threat level is. Events like this, as tragic as they are, allow for important debate and discussion on how we can prevent (not stop - we can't) further attacks as well as letting us pay our respects in whatever ways we want.

Honestly I don't think there is much we can do. We can bomb Syria as much as we like it's never going to eradicate terrorists, nor will deporting every single Muslim or everyone on a watch list in this country. It's a matter of intelligence these days, which already prevents many many planned terror attacks but obviously didn't help in this case.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    yeah i udnerstand what ur saying i guess but its still annoying how this is going to bbe the topic of discussion for a sold week and i just cant deal with it
    i'd be surprised if it's just a week. but this is something close to home for all of us and that is why - someone in germany isn't going to be even thinking about it beyond tomorrow probably - but we are because it's scary and it just happened to us

if your house got broken into tonight i'd be like omg myles I'm so sorry, but it's not gonna make me much more worried about my own house. Next door gets broken into? I'm gonna be scared that thieves are targetting my area and worry about that. Same concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    MY opinion on matters:

London Mayor Sadiq Khan was right by saying that terrorism is “part and parcel of living in a big city”. Terrorism is hardly a new concept and an attack can happen at any moment whatever the national threat level is. Events like this, as tragic as they are, allow for important debate and discussion on how we can prevent (not stop - we can't) further attacks as well as letting us pay our respects in whatever ways we want.

Honestly I don't think there is much we can do. We can bomb Syria as much as we like it's never going to eradicate terrorists, nor will deporting every single Muslim or everyone on a watch list in this country. It's a matter of intelligence these days, which already prevents many many planned terror attacks but obviously didn't help in this case.
    +1.

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Also whoever mentioned bombs, that seems like a terrible idea.
    Last edited by dbgtz; 23-05-2017 at 10:23 PM.

-:Undertaker:- is offline Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster
    Articles Writer

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I'll see you all in the next terrorist attack thread in a few months (or weeks) time to repeat much the same thing.

But you never know. Crying, using hashtags, changing your profile picture, hugging a muslim and singing John Lennon's 'Imagine' around a piano in a public square might just scare and thus convince the Islamists into halting their holy war. We'll wait and see.

My own opinion on this trajectory is quite pessimistic. The attacks in western nations will continue to spiral to levels where security services can no longer deal with them, and public anger will then boil over in the years to come where leaders who make Marine Le Pen and Geert Wilders look soft will be elected. Civil liberties won't even be a thought. In the end, people will be pushed to it.

Like Landon Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    FlyingJesus

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by -:Undertaker:- View Post
    Civil liberties won't even be a thought.
    Not if you have your way
    | TWITTER |

Blessed be
    + * + * + * +

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    I'm not exactly certain, but what I will say is that showing compassion, as the definition of humane states, isn't ideal in today's world. Things have to be done to protect others.

Like Dan said. We'll see each other here in a few days/weeks/months doing the same thing, crying, promoting vigils, and flashing the country's flags to try to cope with this. Not gonna work - once again.

cameron446: is offline HabboxWiki Staff
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (Music)
    Rare Values Staff
    Guest Events Organiser

Country
    United Kingdom
    Tokens
    Habbo
    cameron446:

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    I'm not exactly certain, but what I will say is that showing compassion, as the definition of humane states, isn't ideal in today's world. Things have to be done to protect others.

Like Dan said. We'll see each other here in a few days/weeks/months doing the same thing, crying, promoting vigils, and flashing the country's flags to try to cope with this. Not gonna work - once again.
    Vigils is away for loved ones and close friends for some closure of what has happend. That's is why I love living in the UK because no matter how bad things will get everyone is always there for each other.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

more victims. the polish couple who went to pick up their children (the children are safe). martin hett the guy who was going to america. kelly brewster, the lady who shielded her niece, alison howe and lisa lees who also went to pick up children, olivia campbell the 15 year old whose mum appealed for her on tv, megan hurley a schoolgirl.

pigged 25/08/2019

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast