HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

I am of course against this because this is not 1950
    /
    Like Empired, lemons, Alkaz, Zak Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    @dbgtz; @lemons;

Why so?
    People who are desperate for abortions will get one regardless, back street abortions were a thing and dangerous.
    Should the child not be aborted, then they may well end up dumped on a doorstep and become a burden on the state.
    The mothers mental and physical health could be at risk.
    The parent/s in question could be young themselves and not ready for a child.
    Expanding on the above, it could be argued poorer people having many kids keeps them being poor - restricting contraception and abortion will only make it worse.
    The world is overpopulated as it is so forcing people to have kids they don't want isn't a great idea.
    Happy people = better productivity. Unwanted kids = stress = unhappy.
    Like Empired, Alkaz Liked

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by dbgtz View Post
    People who are desperate for abortions will get one regardless, back street abortions were a thing and dangerous.
    Should the child not be aborted, then they may well end up dumped on a doorstep and become a burden on the state.
    The mothers mental and physical health could be at risk.
    The parent/s in question could be young themselves and not ready for a child.
    Expanding on the above, it could be argued poorer people having many kids keeps them being poor - restricting contraception and abortion will only make it worse.
    The world is overpopulated as it is so forcing people to have kids they don't want isn't a great idea.
    Happy people = better productivity. Unwanted kids = stress = unhappy.
    Isn't that what adoption is for though? Many couples that feel as though they cannot raise their child properly end up putting them up for adoption where they give the kid a better life.

Quote Originally Posted by Intersocial View Post
    I am of course against this because this is not 1950
    We are better off aborting babies now a days? If this is not what you meant, please explain.
    Last edited by Landon; 14-04-2017 at 03:45 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Isn't that what adoption is for though? Many couples that feel as though they cannot raise their child properly end up putting them up for adoption where they give the kid a better life.

We are better off aborting babies now a days? If this is not what you meant, please explain.
    They still have to have the baby in the first place and if they don't want it going though with it might cause issues for the mother.

Then there's cases like rape.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    dbgtz

Latest Awards:

No guarantee of being adopted and becomes a burden on the state even if adopted quickly and then you never know how someone may react to being adopted. Still putting the mother under greater physical and mental strain and even without any other issues, pregnancy and childbirth itself is a very physically demanding task. Still the stress of deciding what to do, with people possibly pushing the mother to do what they think is right but not what is right for the mother. Still contributing to an overpopulated world. Still, for the US at least, puts a financial burden on someone to have children they didn't want to begin with.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zitrone

Latest Awards:

would you be happy for your sister or mum to be forced to have a baby she did not want?

- - - Updated - - -

We are better off aborting babies now a days?
    babies that are not wanted, yes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I don't agree with murder abortion but then again sometimes I think the baby is better off than to have parents that would even consider such an option. And while I am sympathetic to the cases where rape is involved or possible severe birth defects, these only take up an incredibly small amount of abortions as far as I know.

Not looking for a debate though, as others have said

This is an interesting site if anyone wants to have a look: https://theabortionsurvivors.com/
    Last edited by Lewis; 14-04-2017 at 02:44 PM.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Like a few of you have mentioned, I believe in abortion only if either the mother was raped or the baby is going to have (the obvious) medical issues in life and will not live normally.
    Like Lewis Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Like a few of you have mentioned, I believe in abortion only if either the mother was raped or the baby is going to have (the obvious) medical issues in life and will not live normally.
    The thing is someone may get pregnant by accident and not be in the best place to have a child e.g. financially, emotionally. Yes she should have been more careful but people make mistakes. She may hate the idea of adoption so may have to bring a child she didn't want up. Even if she did adopt the child could have a troubled life and upbringing. Yes the child could also be fine and even become important but i think the mother should have a say at least.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tokens
    Habbo
    landonxd

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by peteyt View Post
    The thing is someone may get pregnant by accident and not be in the best place to have a child e.g. financially, emotionally. Yes she should have been more careful but people make mistakes. She may hate the idea of adoption so may have to bring a child she didn't want up. Even if she did adopt the child could have a troubled life and upbringing. Yes the child could also be fine and even become important but i think the mother should have a say at least.
    Handing a child up for adoption is a lot better than making a mother that doesn't want the child raise it. Regardless of whether or not the new parents are good (which most are because those that adopt kids actually want them), they'll be given another chance at life.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast