HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    welshcake is offline Help Desk Assistant Manager
    HabboxLive Senior DJ (DJ welshcake)
    Rare Values Staff
    Events Organiser

Tokens
    Habbo
    welshcake

Latest Awards:

Bye Habbohut (even though I only went on the site like... Once)

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake View Post
    You have no idea how populuar habbohut was
    what lmao yes I do

habbohut was bigger than habbox was for us north american habbos, when it first came out

it was habbohut, habbcrazy and bluebobble

back then habbox attempted two north american sites iirc, habbox.us and habbox.ca but neither stuck (funny, i remember seeing jd25 on recently; he headed habbox.us for a time iirc)

but habbohut was one of the main us/ca fansites, but not for years, pretty much after all the staff left and the golden era of habbo ended, and more sites opened up, habbohut declined

lmao pls don't try and tell me anything about old school north american fansites

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I've never used it before and I haven't really heard much about it, so I'm not at any loss. Shame if it's one of the old fansites though.
    The day I get to 200 in Ping Pong II is the day my life is complete.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I remember going on HabboHut and FlameHabbo back in the day, and when I joined the Content Design Department here I looked at the HabboHut Wiki for inspiration.

It's a shame it's gone, but it lasted so long!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bikini

Latest Awards:

Habbohut was the only fansite I used to go to. I remember the HabboHut talkshows. They were fun!

Tokens
    Habbo
    welldonemate

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    what lmao yes I do

habbohut was bigger than habbox was for us north american habbos, when it first came out

it was habbohut, habbcrazy and bluebobble

back then habbox attempted two north american sites iirc, habbox.us and habbox.ca but neither stuck (funny, i remember seeing jd25 on recently; he headed habbox.us for a time iirc)

but habbohut was one of the main us/ca fansites, but not for years, pretty much after all the staff left and the golden era of habbo ended, and more sites opened up, habbohut declined

lmao pls don't try and tell me anything about old school north american fansites
    I meant in the sense your post was insulting the site.

- - - Updated - - -

don't throw your toys out of the pram
    Last edited by Earthquake; 12-05-2015 at 10:48 AM.
    (H)

Tokens
    Habbo
    LiquefiedFilth

Latest Awards:

I used to work for HabboHut as a 'Wiki Wiz' when they first began the Wiki for their site. It was a really nice place to work and the staff members I had contact with were all lovely, so I can't really complain. Bit of a shame that it's closed but that's the way, it seems, fansites are going. I wouldn't be at all surprised that when it comes to the end of Habbo, Habbox is the last one standing.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Andings

Latest Awards:

I honestly don't think many people realise how much effort was put in by everyone to that Fansite. While many saw it coming, the closure of HabboHut is without a doubt a sad one for those involved, both past and present.

Over the many years of HabboHut, I had experienced great privilege in being in these roles:
    • Trialist Radio DJ
    • Radio DJ
    • Senior DJ (later renamed to Head DJ)
    • AU Events Host
    • AV Technician
    • Site Technician
    • Site Manager
    • Forum Manager
    • Administrator

The list goes on and on. Today I signed on and was greeted with a Skype message from a friend stating HabboHut had closed. Thinking it was a hoax, I went onto their website to find it had in fact closed and it saddened me. Before I go on I want to thank HabboHut Owners, Senior Management and those that were fellow Managers with me over the years because without you guys, I don't know what I'd be doing today... maybe I'd have a life (only joking), who knows. As a user of HabboHut since around 2006 when they had the blue layout, I've seen the good and bad during my time on this website.

I'm very thankful to Ricky (Rttennis), Toby (Skunkboyjr) and Lee (.Tubes.) who allowed me to become a manager their many years (3 I think) ago.

One thing I will miss most about HabboHut is the amazing people who made my time amazing. Without those people, I probably wouldn't be doing Radio Production, Coding and the like because HabboHut gave me the space to express myself and be me and excel where I could.

I don't count my time there as lost time that can't be made up. I will miss the site and its closure will mark a bit loss in my life (as bad as it might sound).

I want to express my condolences for the closure and wish everyone there the best of luck for their future. My fansite is always looking for new staff if anyone there is interested in joining.

To Lee, Toby, Ricky, Kieran and Lizzy, if you ever want to chat, I'm available. I miss our group conversations we had (if we had them, lol)!

R.I.P. HabboHut (2004-2015), 11 Years of Operation.

- Andy
    (Used to be known as Andy, Mirageboss, DJ-Bigboss etc. on HabboHut)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Josh9507

Latest Awards:

Hey I remeber sunkboy and you too. Long time no see. I worked there in the young years of my life when habbo was acctualy like my fave game
    now i return 3 years later to find That my old Family Is no More. Thanks Rachel , Liss, Gibou ,Lee, Preston, Celine and sunkboy jr for
    all those great memories May Habbohut hut's Legacy Live On through Our memories!! Stay Stuck To The Hut!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

SGLF Talk habbo Ah i remember it

Like Andings Liked

I only DJ'd once in my entire near-15 years on Habbo, but that was on Habbohut in 2005, and I don't think I'll ever forget that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast