HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

I had no idea about hosting costs but I want to add that features on the main websites that involve plugins or paid development is funded by AGMs, as well as department funding/prizes so it’s not just the physical websites that cost money!

James and Sho are very generous with both their prizes and offers to help fund site things, especially last year when I was struggling to get on top of everything after buying a house and having to replace my boiler (I had no spare money for Habbox!!!) and I’m very grateful for that (tags @Sho; @despect

Also of course we get a lot of furniture and coin donations which help with prizes too. Anything we get donated means we don’t have to spend our hard earned money from our 9-5 jobs!

We are also donated space on another server for our development site (where we’ve been testing these new site features!!!)

In case anyone is worried although you may not see owners posting often I do have contact with Jin and communicate fairly regularly about stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like cameron446: Liked

Tokens

Latest Awards:

gotta say that the guys who own this site who pay £500/yr each to keep it running are legends really. and how you guys still have dedication to this with the pressures of love, life and work is remarkable. good on you guys (y)
    goodbye.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    gotta say that the guys who own this site who pay £500/yr each to keep it running are legends really. and how you guys still have dedication to this with the pressures of love, life and work is remarkable. good on you guys (y)
    A key part of this is not having two of those things

rip Laura’s social life and love life (not BECAUSE of habbox I must point out)

Like LUCPIX Liked

Country
    Scotland
    Tokens
    Habbo
    MikeyFusion

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Drewar View Post
    Old member here. As you can see from my "Join Date", I've been around for a while. Fourteen years of Habbox... wow... time flies. Habbox was my childhood/adolescence. I have some really amazing memories from here. Met some really great people over the years, and I'm sad that I haven't been able to keep in touch with all of them, but I'm so happy for the memories.

I learned a lot from Habbox. I was able to develop a personality as a "Radio DJ" which helped me become more social in real life. I developed some writing skills in the Articles department. My typing skills are faster than pretty much everyone I've ever met in real life thanks to all of those years working at Habbox Help Desk, typing on HabboxForum, chatting with friends on Habbo, etc.

I think we can all agree that Habbox "isn't quite what it used to be" during it's "prime". But I must say... I am very thankful to all of the staff who have kept this place up and running over the years. Thanks to anyone who has ever paid the domain/hosting/vBulletin bills. Thanks to everyone who has put hours of their life in working (read: volunteering) here as "Management". Sincerely, I want to thank everyone who has put their money, blood, sweat, tears, and energy into this place.

Of course, it's not just the people who pay the bills and have the "important" job titles here that make Habbox what it is. I fully understand that. But I do want to take a step back and just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Habbox has been going strong for what, almost 15 years? It's mind blowing. I remember talks of Habbox shutting down almost a decade ago because it was too expensive and there was a lack of interest, etc. And here we are... in 2018... and the site is still up. I'm so happy.

I like to try and log in to the forum every once in a while just in case someone tried reaching out to me by leaving me a visitor message or a PM. I can't be that active any more due to my personal circumstances - I live a busy life. But I love having the option to log on here. Every time I type in "habboxforum.com" into my browser, a huge sigh of relief comes over me when the forum I know and love pops up rather than a "buy this domain now" page.

So once again, a huge thank you to the people who continue to log into this site every day. Whether you're paying the bills, volunteering as staff, or just posting as a non-staff member: thank you. It's thanks to people like you that a huge part of my childhood/adolescence is still alive.

Laura, you're doing an amazing job as GM. I can see your passion in your posts. You're asking for ideas and you're willing to try anything. I love it. I wish there was more I could do to help. Keep it up. Don't get discouraged.

Thanks to anyone who read this :) Hope you all have a wonderful week :)
    I’ll say my piece aswell I suppose. I agree with pretty much everything said above.

Habbox was one/is one of my favourite fansites, I met a lot of good friends and had a lot of great memories here. I joined in 2005/2006 and became staff in 2010. I was staff within Radio, Events, Helpdesk and ended my staff roles with the forum. My favourite memories definitely included doing the big radio shows such as HabboxStarz, The Chatathon, and my baby The Weakest Link, with my amazing co-hosts James ( @despect;), Samantha/SamLouise ( @Samantha.;), Sam/Fudge/Sammify ( @sammy;) and @Lindsey;. Also eventually being part of the forum department was also a highlight and somehow becoming manager @lawrawrrr; & @despect; **** knows why you let that happen)

Yes, Habbox has declined in the last number of years and I don’t think this is anyone’s fault, I think this is probably just the decline of Habbo and members moving on with life, but the people who are currently here are putting their all into the site to make it the best it can be. Just look at this week for content week, this is a prime example of this, fantastic work from all of those involved! I love all the new features you have put in, especially the new logo and the forum skins.

Keep it up everyone that is currently active as staff, that includes not only Laura/Sho/James & Department Managers but also the regular department staff! Even though I don’t post on here and I’m never active within the community since leaving as Forum Manager last year, I commend the work you are all doing and love seeing it!

:)
    Last edited by Mikey; 21-04-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i haven't really used this site regularily since about 2008 - 2010 when all my friends got banned, but i have such fond memories of the place that i can't help but log in on occasion, i still can't browse the site without switching to the OG yellow, orange and blue theme lol.
    it makes me smile to log on and see there are still people here who are passionate about the site, still trying to create events and content to draw people in, but i find myself logging out pretty fast.
    i feel that with so many catagories and subforums but so few users, the forum feels empty and slow. maybe merging / reorganising some of the less used subforums would help make the forum less daunting and vast for new members (do people still use fansites? i haven't played habbo for years so i have no idea).
    i see there are a decent amount of habbo events on atm, but do you guys run any events on the forum? (providing there are other users like me, who are interested in being more active on here but unlikely to go on habbo to participate)

we had some good times on here, i'll be sad for the day it closes even if i seldom visit

edit: i see rep has finally been done away with, i'm glad, it was redundant
    Last edited by velvet; 21-04-2018 at 06:47 PM.

j
    ~

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My problem is I never know who anyone is anymore so i don't bother posting and that.

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    My problem is I never know who anyone is anymore so i don't bother posting and that.
    Get to know people were all lovely!!! I remember you anyway. How you doin??

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    Get to know people were all lovely!!! I remember you anyway. How you doin??

who are you lol

Tokens
    Habbo
    lawrawrrr

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by today View Post
    who are you lol
    haahha I used to be fire girl or laura on here!

Even if you don’t remember me at all I’m just being friendly and trying to get to know like you said in your first post!!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by lawrawrrr View Post
    haahha I used to be fire girl or laura on here!

Even if you don’t remember me at all I’m just being friendly and trying to get to know like you said in your first post!!

Yeah, I don't recall you. You sure you know me lol...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast