Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Default Does this sound weird to you?

Okay, i got a phonecall on tuesday about a job i applied for a while ago, It's based in Edinburgh so i'd appreciate if anyone from Edinburgh would reply to this telling me if they have heard of a company named ' Done And Dusted ' it's like a betterware company that sell general household goods.

anyway, i got a phonecall saying i'd applied for it, and they asked if i was still looking for work, and atm im on a trainingcourse getting 60 a week, so thats terrible and anything is better, so i said yeah ill take it. and he asked if i had any family commitments or anything and i told him no, he then said hed get back to me in the next couple of days, and he phone me on the friday asking if i was still up for it.

He then said that someone pullled out of the 4 week training period and i was eligible to fill his spot, so isaid yeah, he then told me the position was in Edinburgh, Living in a mansion type thing 8 miles out of the city on one of the main trainlines. But i'll be sharing the house with other people from the sales team. The house has a gym, TV room, pool room, swimming pool.

So after saying yeah i'dhappily do it, he then told me i'd be working for 4 weeks with professioonals getting to know the company, making 150 p/w then after the 4 weeks id be guaranteed a job making 300-500 p/w.

It's all came as a surprise and it's all happened so quickly, im getting picked up from Dundee train station tomorrow to go live in edinburgh.

does this sound dodgy to any of you? I might just be getting abit paranoid, but im not sure.

moderator alert Thread moved by Apple (Forum Moderator): From "Discuss Anything"
    Last edited by Apple; 17-10-2010 at 01:13 PM.

MDMA got you feeling like a champion.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I live in England myself, but if you applied for the job, and the same person has rung you up, surely it's not a hoax or anything? People do drop out, people do get replaced.

You can and have said yes, and so you may as well try it out. It may have seemed a bit sudden, but maybe the position needs to be filled quite rapidly so the training can get underway.

If you get me .

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

The only strange thing is I've never heard of company's offering accommodation that sounds a little weird lol
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Invitation to get raped in a mansion, nice.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Maybe they are trying to buy your dedication if you get me. So you won't resign from the job or anything.

Tokens

It's not cleaning no, we sell household products. I dunno.. it sounds childish but i've had my mum phone up the guy to doublecheck things. I guess it is happening though, gnna miss all my mates

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    It's not cleaning no, we sell household products. I dunno.. it sounds childish but i've had my mum phone up the guy to doublecheck things. I guess it is happening though, gnna miss all my mates
    Good luck with it.
    Coffee isn't my cup of tea.

Tokens

Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
    Good luck with it.
    think ill need it haha

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wow, good luck! I'll be honest and say that they're probably bigging up the house. Maybe it does have all that stuff but shared with how many people? That's what I'd be wondering! I'd also be wondering what made the other guy drop out cos it might have been a really stupid reason like 'i miss my mommy' or it could have been an actual reason like the job is a load of crap.

Only one way to find out though and that's to give it a go. Even if it does turn out to be a crappy job, you can still walk away with the experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast