HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Default Things that could be updated

Wasn't sure where to put this, not really a bug haha, and rather than PM the relevant people it seems easier to just plop them in a thread.

Firstly, I'm sure I heard somewhere that content on habbox.com was kind of taking a backseat, since v7 would contain updated versions of everything? (idk if thats right), but if so, how long will it actually be until v7? and if it is going to be a couple of months or more, then I really think that the content on the current site should be maintained where possible too, since it contains innaccurate information and can lead to people being confused. Anyway here are a few small things which I've just come accross which could do with editing:

Habbox Lottery Thread: The "who you can buy tickets off" list is very out of date and quite a few of the managers have changed. This should probably be up to date so people know who they can buy tickets off etc.

Habbox Lottery Site Page: Same as the thread, needs updating, moreso than the thread though, says the next draw is april, says the max no of tickets is 10 etc. Maybe it would be best to change this link into a redirect to the thread to save having to update two things?

HxSS Page on main site: could probably be removed now

Department Pages:
    Some of these havent been updated in months and months (says the latest forum manager was scott for example), I agree to an extent that this is a big project, and so may be better waiting for v7, unless the wiki is taking over this information? I guess if pages were up to date it would make migration to v7 easier though.

Charity Page: Is there any information from 2011 that can be added to this?

Official Rooms: I think a decision needs to be made on where these are going, whether they are staying and being updated or modified into another useful thing. Not too sure all of the rooms even exist any more, I know the beach one doesnt for example.

Official Rooms Threads: Same as above

Question of the week widget on habbox.com/thread I still refer to it as the question of the week, since thats what it used to be Was actually quite good in a way, and I do remember getting 60 entries per week easily, which I guess did provide something a bit more interactive on the site. I know its been turned into a question about rare values, and its been like that for months and months. Just wondering if something could be done with this perhaps to freshen things up a bit on the site? Im sure most people will have had chance to enter by now. The thread itself hasnt been used since may, so I guess it needs to be removed/changed if its not actually going to be a question of the week or people may get confused since its a stuck thread.

Weekly Events: This isnt something which can really be changed straight away, and I know this will improve soon, but it seems the only weekly event at the moment is the HxHD Quiz. I am going to ask Alex if I can have a weekly bingo night, so thats another one, but hopefully events organisers can get this thread looking much fuller, since it does create a good impression as a lot of guests read these kind of threads.

Competitions widget on habbox.com: Not sure if its just me, but the competitions widget hasnt been working for ages, and im sure I had this problem a few months ago too, not sure what is causing it, but to a guest it looks like we have no competitions on offer

Thats all I can think of for now. I know they are really trivial things, and you may say "wait for v7" etc, but I do think its quite nice when everything is up to date. You never know when guests are viewing this stuff, when potential new members look at it etc, and I don't know, but to me it just gives a bad impression if basic stuff isnt kept up to date, and things are stale and being left etc. If I think of anything else I'll let you know, cheers guys!

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens

Latest Awards:

cant see them updating the main site, not with v7 coming out in a few years

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    cant see them updating the main site, not with v7 coming out in a few years
    See I think thats a shame I think you should work just as hard on what you currently have, not neglect it because something else is being worked on. People can't see v7 at the moment, but they can see the main site, and having lots of stuff out of date looks bad, looks like we don't care really to new members/guests. I don't know how progress for V7 is coming along, but if it's not coming out in a couple of months then I don't see why the site couldnt still be updated. If anything it will make it easier to copy pages over/gather information etc. People look at the department pages, and they are like half a year old, quite a bit changed since then haha.

Former:

News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -

Tokens

Latest Awards:

If nothing has changed since the last time a version update was set up, where they kept saying it will be out within weeks, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's alarming how long site updates take with Habbox :/ Isn't it common sense to have content up to date all the time, or am I missing something?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

was v7 not suppose to come out in september....... why is every time habbox decideds to release a new site it gets delayed for years

Tokens
    Habbo
    xxMATTGxx

Latest Awards:

I'll deal with the majority of them. Although updates to specific pages about a specific topic like content wise will be down to others. @Chippiewill; @Skynus; @Inseriousity.;

Quote Originally Posted by Comity View Post
    was v7 not suppose to come out in september....... why is every time habbox decideds to release a new site it gets delayed for years
    Because none of us gets paid to work on stuff full time at Habbox. If we did, it would be a different story. V7 will be out when V7 is done.

Previous Habbox Roles
    Co-Owner of Habbox | General Manager | Assistant General Manager (Staff) | Forum Manager | Super Moderator | Forum Moderator

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by GommeInc View Post
    If nothing has changed since the last time a version update was set up, where they kept saying it will be out within weeks, I wouldn't hold your breath. It's alarming how long site updates take with Habbox :/ Isn't it common sense to have content up to date all the time, or am I missing something?
    Personally if I'm viewing a site for the first time, I like to see up to date information relating to it, it would encourage me to sign up more, since it would appear people are working on it, wheras some of the stuff on there hasnt been touched in ages. It does take quite a while in general which is a shame, I wouldn't be surprised if those pages had quite a few hits too. I will of course retract all this if V7 is literally days away Still would have been nice to keep things like the charity page up to date though

Former:

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Comity View Post
    close. august lol.

https://twitter.com/MattC48/status/234553891486851072

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by xxMATTGxx View Post
    Because none of us gets paid to work on stuff full time at Habbox. If we did, it would be a different story.
    That's a poor excuse. People work on Wiki based sites without pay and manage to keep pages up to date, and even creating layouts. If you need to be paid to do a decent job voluntarily you should probably reconsider your position :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Personally if I'm viewing a site for the first time, I like to see up to date information relating to it, it would encourage me to sign up more, since it would appear people are working on it, wheras some of the stuff on there hasnt been touched in ages. It does take quite a while in general which is a shame, I wouldn't be surprised if those pages had quite a few hits too. I will of course retract all this if V7 is literally days away Still would have been nice to keep things like the charity page up to date though
    I would think anyone visiting the site would want up to date information to be honest Even if V7 is days away, pages should be kept up to date until the day of transition to the new website. That's usually what happens, but Habbox does it's best to be different.
    Last edited by GommeInc; 25-10-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

@Bolt660; or @martin; idek.

Department pages are still on V7. The wiki hasn't swallowed up everything and I hope it won't

Then the massive rant over v7 continues....
    /

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast