Euro 2024 sweepstakes!
Prizes to be won this summer! Click here to take part, and find yourself a team to cheer on!
Show your pride!
Rainbows galore in our forum shop, including snazzy colours for your username and even a rainbow-coloured... football?
Join Habbox!
Be part of the Habbox family - there are so many roles to pick from! Click here to get your application rolling

Thread: Job Help

Tokens

Default Job Help

Im in this job but it's not paying well but it's just right outside of my house should ik eep it or move to a better pay ingn job>?
    We Can Only Be Together Forever <:eusa_shif

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Its up to you, if you cant be bothered to go further than stay there

but if you want to earn more and get more expeience then get another job.

I suggest the second option. If you have more expierience then you are more likely to get an even better job

But its down to you

Tokens
    Habbo
    Drewar

Latest Awards:

When you are thinking about jobs, there are several questions you need to ask yourself, before seeking employment. Some of these questions are :
    • How easy will it be for me to get to my job? Transportation, etc.
    • Will I be working by myself, or with other people, and which do I prefer. If you are applying for a Corner Store, you may be by yourself, but if you apply for a Fast Food place, you will most likely be working with others.
    • Will I enjoy my job? That is one of the most important questions of all. If you are going to be working, chances are you are going to be working a lot, and if you are spending most of your time working, it may aswell be something you enjoy to do.
    • Are there any special benefits? It's not very important for a teenager to have benefits, but there are some which you need. For example, do you get any breaks during your shift? What if you become sick, do you have any paid sick days? etc etc.
    • Is the pay good?

Now, those are some common questions to ask.

In your personal situation, you told us that the job does not pay well, however, it is conveniently placed close to your house.

I am unsure what you define as "well" for pay, but as a teenager, you can't really expect much, unless you are doing very strenuous work.

I think in your situation, at the end of the day, it comes down to if you like the job you do, and you like how it's close to your house, stay with it. If you don't like the job you do and don't receive much pay for it, then consider finding employment elsewhere
    Drewar
    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Okay well, first of all - I'm sure there will be another job close to your home, and I'm sure this isn't the only one!

It is convenience that it's near to you, but you need to weigh up the pro's and cons. You could get a new job in town or something, which would cost you travelling expenses etc. so that would be a bit of a downfall, but your work should actually offer to pay you this back, as most places do.

I think you should just do the job you think you'll enjoy most. Working isn't all just about the money, it's about an enjoyment factor aswell. You could pay me all the money in the world, and I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy the thing! ;]

You need to have a good think about it, and decide what's best for you, and perhaps ask your parents etc. for their opinion. :]
    Ostinato...
    Slightly Obsessed with Mrs. Aguilera

Tokens

Latest Awards:

become a stripper:p

i say leave it and look for a better one.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Flumples

Depends on how many hours you work and if you enjoy it or not?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Ozzinator

Latest Awards:

You should stick with this job for the time being, but look for a different job at the same time... Because if you don't find a job you like, you've still got your old job.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Stick with it and discreetly look for another one in the mean time if its not paying well enough.
    Next match: Ipswich (H) Sunday 4th November, 12.45pm.
    ta very much; esurient
    myspace

Tokens

dude, what do you need money for, you only have a job so you can bludge money of your parents.

Tokens

i rekon you should go and get a better payed job just because its right outside you're house shouldnt hold you back, go for it and make more money