HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Wink Is no longer a teacher :D

and I'm sooo glad. To all of you who didn't know I taught Database Design at foundation degree level (at college).. It wasn't that hard as the curriculum was fairly straight-forward. I have a full-time job on top of that though and even though it was 3 hours a week I had to do triple that outside of the classroom each week.

So I sent a message to my boss on Saturday saying I did not wish to teach next year and now I don't have to Surprisingly happy! Teaching is not all it's cracked up to be. All my student's passed the module and will now progress on to the second year of the course.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm assisting teaching at the Maths department at my local secondary school, and that's going pretty well. Of course, it's not teaching, hopefully will get to do that in a week or twos time

How come you didn't want to do it anymore?

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post
    I'm assisting teaching at the Maths department at my local secondary school, and that's going pretty well. Of course, it's not teaching, hopefully will get to do that in a week or twos time

I didn't want to work 40 hours a week then have to do an extra like 9 hours each week. I didn't enjoy it either. There was a lot of things I weren't happy with in the Computing Dpt.

I think you'd be an amazing Maths teacher, you're a wizard at that kind of stuff

Tokens
    Habbo
    .Shar.

Latest Awards:

You can always go back to teaching in the near future if you want to, especially with the experience you now hold! I'd love to do some teaching at some point of my career. What's your full time job?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I think that's what Michael Gove attacking teachers forgets; it isn't just a 9-3 job with good holidays. There's a lot of unpaid overtime that has to go into it.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Negativities

Latest Awards:

Now I know why my teachers/professors were never happy. Lol

-Negativities -
    - Former Habbo Advice Team Helper -
    - Trolling Since '07 -
    -
    Old Habbo > New Habbo -

Tokens
    Habbo
    :Cerys

Latest Awards:

I'd never ever ever want to go into teaching after seeing what my mum does.

She works 8am-5:30pm, then marks/plans till about 8pm. By this time all she wants to do is sit down with a glass of wine. And thats only giving one reason teaching sucks.

Glad you got out while you still could, though!

Tokens
    Habbo
    Zak

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Shar View Post
    You can always go back to teaching in the near future if you want to, especially with the experience you now hold! I'd love to do some teaching at some point of my career. What's your full time job?
    Systems Developer, Support Officer, General SQL man.

Quote Originally Posted by Inseriousity. View Post
    I think that's what Michael Gove attacking teachers forgets; it isn't just a 9-3 job with good holidays. There's a lot of unpaid overtime that has to go into it.
    Yeah and it's not getting better it's just getting worse as College's look to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by :Cerys View Post
    I'd never ever ever want to go into teaching after seeing what my mum does.

She works 8am-5:30pm, then marks/plans till about 8pm. By this time all she wants to do is sit down with a glass of wine. And thats only giving one reason teaching sucks.

Glad you got out while you still could, though!
    Yeh I was never really tied down to it in the first place as I only did one year and I was never a full-time teacher or had any interest in becoming one. It enabled me to get the job I have now though - someone came to watch over me whilst I taught and he insisted I apply for this job. Simply put, you can earn more money doing something that is far easier

Tokens
    Habbo
    Shockwave.2CC

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Kardan View Post

I know someone whos a teaching assistant at my old secondary school, i think there doing it in Geography.

I don't know why he's doing it because my secondary school was terrible. (Full of unbehaved children)
    The House Always Wins