HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: child abuse

Tokens

Default child abuse

tooclose posted a very good thread earlier today, which got mew thinking, when does a little smack given to a child by their parents, become child abuse. we talked aboiut this in my english class briefly, but it is not that i realy go back and think about it.

do u agree with hitting children as a punishment? and when does it become child abuse?

too see the origional thread by tooclose that origionally goit me thinking Click here

Moved to new Debate forum, this seems like a debate - Butcher11
    Last edited by Butcher11; 23-12-2004 at 11:28 PM.
    last updated 14/08/05
    Weekly Words of Wisdom......

Who do you save?
    a loved one, or a close friend?
    a friend, or 50 strangers?
    can we realy put a value on someones life?

:eusa_danc Donkeys back guys! hey to all of you that remember me, nd hello also to those of you who dont! :eusa_danc
    :eusa_danc I used to be a very active member of the forum, and i hope to return to that status! :eusa_danc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Now thats a realy hard question.I d say its when the reason is whenist not for the best intentiosn for teh child, but to acatly hurt them, and taking there anger out. Athogh this acvcnot always be the case its a realy diffacult question ? :/

Tokens

Default my point-

you see, some parents insist on beating their children to get a point across that something is wrong, as the child cannot communicate by means of verbal talk, but doen;t that teach the child that violence is the right way to deal with a situation?
    last updated 14/08/05

Who do you save?

:eusa_danc Donkeys back guys! hey to all of you that remember me, nd hello also to those of you who dont! :eusa_danc
    :eusa_danc I used to be a very active member of the forum, and i hope to return to that status! :eusa_danc

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i think that is to do with age, a very young child will not think about violence in that way, but an older child may well do.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Curry-N-Rice Girl video
    Pure Pwnage
    Posting and You
    Drum Machine

Put your wasted CPU power towards curing cancer;

Tokens

Thumbs down child abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Mendonky
    do u agree with hitting children as a punishment? and when does it become child abuse?
    It has been said that it only counts as child abuse when the child is left with a bruse.
    personaly i think it should be banned and your not allowed to hit your children!
    ive been hit b4 and trust me it hurts!
    "Somtimes its better to keep quiet and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Tokens

Latest Awards:

yes but being hit is not necessarily child abuse, many parents smack their children to put them in line, and sometimes its a good thing.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Curry-N-Rice Girl video
    Pure Pwnage
    Posting and You
    Drum Machine

Put your wasted CPU power towards curing cancer;

Tokens

Default ok.......

mayb it is slightly neccisairy when the child has no understanding of verbal language but some parents automaticaly hit their children for domestic problems eg. being too noisy, making a mess etc, i belive that is not right.

as for the situation where a bruise if left behind, some children even at an early age do not bruise easily at all, i think the law should be more specifies in their definition of child abuse
    last updated 14/08/05

Who do you save?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Younger children would be more sensible to violence by being hit, because at least older kids know it's wrong. You should never hit your child,
    :eusa_naug

The only thing I'd agree with is when say they reach out to steal something and a tiny*non hurting* slap on the wrist. Any other hitting should be against the law.
    Former moderator from March 17th, 2004 to August 11th, 2005
    Click here and read the forum rules!
    :wav:
    Ted- My BBQ brother
    Go Nvr, you're a rockin mod

Go Patriots and Red Sox

Eye for an Eye, the World goes Blind!-Gandhi

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Tokens

Default true

thats what i meant. a tap on the wrist is nessicairy to give a strong, firm message, but when it is used too often, then the child either ignores it, or begins to think that violence is perfectly ok, which it isn't. some oarents who slap their children around the face etc are simply sick in the head if u ask me. it should be used as a LAST RESORT AND A LAST RESORT ONLY.
    last updated 14/08/05

Who do you save?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

But Concentric, in what ways would it be good? Yes, it would temporarily put them in order, but what happens if it occurs all the time. it's thought rapist and violence traits run in families, why pass it on by hitting your children?
    Former moderator from March 17th, 2004 to August 11th, 2005
    Click here and read the forum rules!
    :wav:
    Ted- My BBQ brother
    Go Nvr, you're a rockin mod

Go Patriots and Red Sox

Eye for an Eye, the World goes Blind!-Gandhi

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast