HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Sudan protests at Danish cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by BBC.co.uk/news
    Thousands of people are demonstrating in Sudan's capital, Khartoum, in protest at the reprinting of cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad.
    The cartoons were reprinted in Danish newspapers two years after they first prompted worldwide protests.

President Omar al-Bashir called for a Muslim boycott of Danish goods and said Danes were no longer welcome in Sudan.

The German interior minister has called on European newspapers to reprint the cartoons, which he described as lousy.

Worldwide protests

Protests have taken place in Indonesia, the Gaza Strip, Pakistan, and Denmark since the cartoons were reprinted.

Correspondents say many protesters feel that Denmark has learnt little since the publication of the cartoons two years ago, which prompted protests and rioting across the world.

At least 50 people were killed and three Danish embassies were attacked in 2006.

In Sudan, the government-organised rally was mostly peaceful, though the atmosphere was highly charged, and there were some reports of stone throwing. Roads in central Khartoum were closed and traffic was brought to a standstill.

Leaflets handed out called for an official apology from the Danish government.

Sudan's president called for Danes to stay away from Sudan
    "We urge all Muslims around the world to boycott Danish commodities, goods, companies, institutions, organisations and personalities," President Bashir told crowds outside the Republic Palace in Khartoum.

"Not a single Danish foot will from now on desecrate the land of Sudan," he added.

It was not immediately clear how many Danes live in Sudan or if those banned include diplomats.

On Tuesday, Sudan said it had banned the import of Danish goods.

German support

In an interview, German's interior minister gave his backing to the Danish newspapers' decision to reprint the cartoons.

"I have respect for the fact that Danish newspapers have now all printed the Muhammad caricatures, on the basis we will not let ourselves to be divided," Wolfgang Schaeuble was quoted as saying by the German weekly news magazine Die Zeit.

"Actually, all European newspapers should now print these caricatures, with the explanation: 'We also find them lousy, but the exercise of press freedom is no reason to practise violence'," Mr Schaeuble said.
    It really annoys me that this is being made into a huge thing again and we're expected to be extra sensitive towards people who practise other religions but it's ok when people take a pop at christianity and have cartoons or Tv shows that take the mick out of our faiths.

Here's a picture of the oh so terrible cartoon of muhammad that caused all of this

http://aussie_news_views.typepad.com...hammed_pic.jpg
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Those muslims are strange people. :rolleyes:
    i'm out of touch, i'm out of love
    i'll pick you up when you're getting down
    and out of all these things i've done
    i think i love you better now

Tokens

Latest Awards:

We used to live like that about 2,000 years ago.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

not being racists but muslims or terroist type of people try to make USA and UK look bad and do anything to get money out of us or make us fight.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The question now is what Muslims don't find offensive tbh.
    POP
    MUSIC
    WILL
    NEVER
    BE
    LOW
    BROW

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It's what things are like nower days, and possibly it'd be satire? Not sure.

I remember it being on CNN last year, they're still mad!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Why don't they just shut up and be happy the church hasn't taken out a copyright case against them?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I agree with some of the comments but Alot of muslims are just really cool people. I only know two and they are awesome
    Joined Habbox for the first time on the 29-10-2005 // Joined Habbox for the second time on the 08-10-2006 // Joined Habbox for the third time on the 30-09-2007 // Became a Habbox Writer on the 26-11-2007 // Became a Senior Habbox Writer on the 07-02-2008 // Left Habbox 01-07-2008 // Came back to habbox on 23-08-2008 // Became a Writer again on the 27-08-2008 // Became a Trialist Content Designer on the 22-09-08 // Left Habbox on the 30-09-08

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Artemidorus View Post
    I agree with some of the comments but Alot of muslims are just really cool people. I only know two and they are awesome
    yeah I totally agree with that I know someone whos Muslim and he's totally sound it's not actually the people I have issues with is the goverment and the media really
    I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best. A daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away. Did I ever tell you that I stole it? Well, I borrowed it. I always meant to take it back. Oh, that box, Amy, you’ll dream about that box. It’ll never leave you. Big and little at the same time. Brand-new and ancient and the bluest blue ever. And the times we had, eh? Would had…Never had. In your dreams, they’ll still be there. The Doctor and Amy Pond and the days that never came.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Biogeneric View Post
    Those muslims are strange people. :rolleyes:
    no ur a strage people

Quote Originally Posted by Trader View Post
    not being racists but muslims or terroist type of people try to make USA and UK look bad and do anything to get money out of us or make us fight.
    not all Muslims are terrorists? have i ever said im going to bomb all the people who use this forum. let this help u http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-W_al7x0cU

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo13. View Post
    The question now is what Muslims don't find offensive tbh.

we find this offencive because Mohammad is our Prophet, and they made a bomb on his head implying he is spreading terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgin Mary View Post
    Why don't they just shut up and be happy the church hasn't taken out a copyright case against them?
    why dont u get off this forum and get a life? Your not virgin Mary.

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other forum members.

Last edited by Hitman; 27-02-2008 at 08:51 PM.
    Now im at the top aint know where to go now, instead of me she gon go down
    - Kanye west

help the Mods, use the report button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast