HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Books!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Books!

I love books.

What is your favourite book? Why?

What are you reading atm? Why?

I have just finished The dead school - great read. Before that, I read Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood. The book I read last though was 'The catcher in the rye' because it's an old classic. Have read it numerous times. Next I am going to re-read Nineteen Eighty-Four because that's my favourite book ever. Everytime you read it you will get a new interpretation and it is a thought provoker.

Just ordered Animal Farm - have been meaning to read it for ages!

moderator alert Moved by Sarah (Assistant Forum Manager): From "Discuss Anything"
    Last edited by Sarah; 22-10-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Tokens
    Habbo
    JennyJukes

Latest Awards:

i'm sure i've read something called animal farm, about animals on a farm who overthrow their owners and try to work and live 'equally' but then pigs take over. something like that but i'm guessing it's not that? lol

i prefer to read self-help/do it yourself/health & living as opposed to fiction books (unless it's harry potter).....although i have a fair few astrology books but that's debatable.

my favourite book is "The Broken Mirror" by Katherine A. Phillips because i can relate to it and it helped me loads ^^ err reading Human Instinct by Robert Winston again because it's really interesting + I would seriously marry him if I could.

pigged 25/08/2019

Tokens

Latest Awards:

I'm currently reading Captain Corelli's Mandolin (should finish it tonight) by Louis de Bernieres for my English Literature coursework. It emphasizes what a waste war can be and the effect it can have on one, good, honest family and what impact it has on such a small Greek island such as Cephallon. It's the nearest I've been to crying at a book too. I really do recommend it to everyone.

Another favourite is probably Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck which I read over the summer holidays. This time, it emphasizes the effect of the Great Depression in America and follows the depressing, pleading life of one family; being forced to move from their tranquility in the East to the hustling work in the West. The ending really does put everything into perspective for you and makes you look at your life.

I'm also a big fan of (auto)biographies.. I've read Richard Hammond, Richard Branson, Jeremy Clarkson, Walt Disney, Chris Moyles, Peter Kay, along with many others.. but lately I've become more interested in the great literature rather than simple recollections. Walt Disney's was particularly interesting however.

I placed an order of about 8 books from Amazon a couple of months ago and slowly working down the pile. Tess of the d'Ubervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird, Huckleberry Finn, Jane Eyre and Lord of the Flies are all there waiting to be read

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by buttons View Post
    i'm sure i've read something called animal farm, about animals on a farm who overthrow their owners and try to work and live 'equally' but then pigs take over. something like that but i'm guessing it's not that? lol

i prefer to read self-help/do it yourself/health & living as opposed to fiction books (unless it's harry potter).....although i have a fair few astrology books but that's debatable.

my favourite book is "The Broken Mirror" by Katherine A. Phillips because i can relate to it and it helped me loads ^^ err reading Human Instinct by Robert Winston again because it's really interesting + I would seriously marry him if I could.
    thats the one. can't wait til it comes. the political message rly interests me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    I'm currently reading Captain Corelli's Mandolin (should finish it tonight) by Louis de Bernieres for my English Literature coursework. It emphasizes what a waste war can be and the effect it can have on one, good, honest family and what impact it has on such a small Greek island such as Cephallon. It's the nearest I've been to crying at a book too. I really do recommend it to everyone.

Another favourite is probably Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck which I read over the summer holidays. This time, it emphasizes the effect of the Great Depression in America and follows the depressing, pleading life of one family; being forced to move from their tranquility in the East to the hustling work in the West. The ending really does put everything into perspective for you and makes you look at your life.

I'm also a big fan of (auto)biographies.. I've read Richard Hammond, Richard Branson, Jeremy Clarkson, Walt Disney, Chris Moyles, Peter Kay, along with many others.. but lately I've become more interested in the great literature rather than simple recollections. Walt Disney's was particularly interesting however.

I placed an order of about 8 books from Amazon a couple of months ago and slowly working down the pile. Tess of the d'Ubervilles, To Kill a Mockingbird, Huckleberry Finn, Jane Eyre and Lord of the Flies are all there waiting to be read
    i've read quite a few of those. old tess was a bit of a nightmare because it was a coursework one and got a bit tedious. good read nonetheless.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

My favourite book is probably Harry Potter (sophistication level of the thread just decreased)... but hey it's not Twilight at least It's because it's got a great story with very philosophical messages and it's something I can re-read and still not get bored. I like Of Mice and Men too probably because I see a lot of my uncle (who has Down's) in Lennie - although he doesn't...

and because it's a very human story of struggle and trying to aspire for something more. Plus it got me an A in my English literature exam so I can't fault that

Tokens

Atm i'm reading Sapphire by Katie Price >.< My fave book of all time is The Secret by Rhyonda Byrne <-- READ IT, its seriously great but i cant expain why its so good because its a secret :p

Katy Perry 4/April/2011
    Bring her on

-:Undertaker:- is online now Habbox Hall of Fame Inductee
    Former Rare Values Manager
    HabboxForum Top Poster

Country
    Spain
    Tokens
    Habbo
    -:overtaker:-

Latest Awards:

I last read The Cameron Delusion by Peter Hitchens and The Plan: Twelve Months to Renew Britain by Daniel Hannan & Douglas Carswell. At the moment i'm halfway through probaby one of the best and most interesting books i've ever read The Great Deception: Can the European Union Survive? by Christopher Booker & Richard North. I've still got to read (bought but not read yet) The Abolition of Britain by Peter Hitchens and The Real Global Warming Disaster by Christopher Booker. I think after Christmas or just before i'll order The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul and End the Fed. by Ron Paul also.

Thats personal reading though, for English i've got to read A House Somewhere (a mix of poems) and Death of a Salesman by Aruthur Miller - but my English teacher did say she would lend my 1984 by George Orwell and i've been meaning to read that for a while now but haven't got round to it.

As for the best book - it's always nice to escape with Harry Potter.
    Last edited by -:Undertaker:-; 20-10-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

i only ever read books when i'm abroad soaking up the suns rays on a sun lounger, and those are usually crime ones. i can't for the life of me remember what they were called

Tokens
    Habbo
    KyoraStryker

Latest Awards:

I must admit, I don't read for leisure. I'm into sci-fi books though, which classifies me as a massive nerd.

BIG thank you to the graphics department for making this banner. I LOVE IT!

"If Herbal Essences shampoo has all these exotic effects on women, is their hair really the first place they put it?"
    Last +rep: Shar,
    Next posting goal: | 100 | 250 | 500 | 1,000 | 1,500 | 2,500 | 5,000 | 10,000 |

Tokens
    Habbo
    HotelUser

Latest Awards:

My favourite book? That's a tricky one. I usually get sucked into whatever I'm currently reading. My favourite book of all time is a tossup between Eragon, The Kite Runner and Maximum Ride. Right now I'm reading the Twilight Saga.

I really think my selection of books is underneath what it should be fore my age
    I'm not crazy, ask my toaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast