HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Thread: Updates!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Updates!

If you’re a practised hunter with a passion for Summoning, you’ll be able to turn your skills to good use and bag some handy rewards in the process, with this new Hunter skill update (for players of level 72+).

The Taverley druids’ constant forays into the Spirit Realm have had an unforeseen impact on RuneScape. Invisible creatures, which are actually the power contained within charms, are spilling out into our world. Yaktwee Swinmari Cianta, aged gnome hunter and self-proclaimed “jack-knife-of-all-trades”, expounds the virtues of staying in shape by capturing these “pesky little critters”, more commonly referred to as charm sprites.

Doing so requires the keen eyes of experienced hunters to spot when these creatures are in the area, honed reactions to target and reveal the critters, and cool, calculated aiming in order to capture them as they rush to get away! The more charm sprites you manage to capture, the more Summoning charms you’ll earn.

Mod Tytn
    Lead RuneScape Content Developer

Summary:

Where to hunt charm sprites:

Talk to Yaktwee south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold's main gate.

Requirements to hunt charm sprites:

72 Hunter
    4,000 coins to buy the necessary equipment from Yaktwee.
    Six free inventory spaces are recommended.

In other news...

The Conquest activity's champion units have had their health reduced slightly.
    More....

Many of the Make-X menus in the game have been redesigned. The new version doesn’t require you to right-click to choose Make-X or Make-All. Also, wherever the new menu offers Make-X, it also offers Make-All, so you won’t have to keep typing the same numbers manually. Some of the newly introduced Make-All options include smelting ores, fletching bows and crossbow stocks, and other such popular skill activities.

We’ve also added a couple of new ranged and magic options for low-level players. Rangers might like to get hold of the new sling weapon, which doesn’t need any ammunition to use, and mages should give the new level 1 Wind Rush spell a try as it only requires air runes to cast – or free with a staff of air equipped. Slings are dropped by creatures in the Lumbridge Catacombs (and Kayle’s bow has instead now become Kayle’s sling).

Finally, a handful of low-level monsters in the free-to-play area – including giant rats, giant spiders and goblins – have been rebalanced to be more interesting for new players to fight, which has been made possible by the changes made to life points earlier this year. They’ll also provide handy target practice for the new slings and spell.

Mod Mark
    RuneScape Lead Designer
    And more..

We are happy to announce a new and convenient way to pay for your RuneScape membership in the UK – a recurring SMS subscription using your mobile phone!

Jagex has offered one-off payments by SMS (text message) for many years. With our new Recurring SMS subscriptions it’s even easier: You make the first payment on our website, and then Jagex will automatically take a payment every month so you don’t need to remember to pay.

You can cancel at any time and, to keep you in control of your subscription, you will receive a text message a few days before each renewal to remind you of the subscription and ensure that you have enough credit on your phone.

There’s never been a better time to be a RuneScape member, so click here to log in and check out the payment options available to you today! We’re hoping to bring recurring SMS subscriptions to more countries soon.

FAQ

Q: How do I start a recurring SMS subscription?

A: Starting a recurring SMS subscription is easy: 1) click ‘Account > Upgrade your account’ on the RuneScape home page and log-in 2) Choose the ‘SMS’ payment option from Paymo, and then the recurring option. 3) Enter your mobile number to receive a text message. 4) Follow the on-screen instructions to agree to the charge. 5) You’re done!

Q: Where are recurring SMS subscriptions available?

A: Recurring SMS subscriptions are currently only available for RuneScape in the UK. We are looking at making this service available in other territories in the future, so keep an eye on the news.

Q: Can I have a recurring SMS subscription for other Jagex games?

A: Recurring SMS subscriptions are currently only available for RuneScape. You can still make one-off payments using SMS for other Jagex games where supported.

Q: I don’t want a recurring subscription, I only want to pay once.

A: Recurring SMS subscriptions are a convenient way to continue your membership, however if you want just one month you can instead choose the ‘1 month’ payment option under SMS.

Q: How do I cancel a recurring SMS subscription?

A: You can cancel via the Account Management section of the RuneScape website or by replying ‘STOP’ to the SMS messages you receive from Paymo.

Q: How much does a recurring SMS subscription cost?

A: Currently only available in the UK, a recurring SMS subscription to RuneScape costs £6 per month. This is the same cost per month as one-off payments.

Q: Why does membership paid by SMS cost more than by credit/debit card?

A: Our players are free to choose whichever payment option represents the best value and convenience for them. While credit/debit card is our recommended, best-value option – some prefer the convenience of paying by mobile phone. As the mobile operators charge a high fee for paying in this way, we pass this ‘convenience cost’ on.
    Sorry for the long post

Tokens
    Habbo
    Toe555

Latest Awards:

I havent got time to try out this small update but while on last night i managed to find a few other things:
    1) Giant Rats got a new graphical update. Here is what one looks like

(Image from Runescape Wiki)
    2) Lumbridge Guards added that kill goblins and rats around lumbridge. Heres what they look like

Tokens

Latest Awards:

nice finds.
    + i'm looking forwards to trying out that hunter update. I just need to get 70 odd hunter.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Do NOT try the update. I stayed there for around 45mins to 1hour only got 15 charms. The exp is awful, too.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

wow thats bad....
    thanks for the heads up, saves me wasting 1 hour

Tokens

Latest Awards:

hmmmm interesting updates
    Ryan

Tokens
    Habbo
    guildwars446

Latest Awards:

Incorrect, the xp is quite decent for hunters, Yes the charms are slow to get, but this gives a new opportunity to level 3's able to get charms, An ok addition to the game.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Yet

Latest Awards:

The rats look the same just more vicious
    ofwgktadgaf

Tokens

the rats look meaner lol but the guards look abit better i supose