HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens

Latest Awards:

Default Rare Values Articles [Your say]

In another thread, I brought up the idea of having articles, by the rare values team, that you, as the user would like to read. It is understood that Hbbox is not being used as much for Rare Values since the merge - and the Market Place being brought it..

If the Rare Values department started doing articles as well - about rares etcetera, what would you like to see?

- Predicted Rare Rises and Falls
    - Shock Rises and Falls
    - Trade statistics (using market place to get sales figures)
    - Rare Values Management says...

What other articles/parts of an article would you want to see?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

The problem with "Predicted Rare Rises and Falls" is that people could invest in that item and force the price to go up. Kind of influencing the market.

Martin is offline Habbox Merit
    Ex Assistant General Manager (Community)

Tokens
    Habbo
    Bolt660

Latest Awards:

Depending on how popular this is, I wouldn't mind perhaps having one rare values themed article per week on the front page of habbox too? Like a weekly roundup of the world of rares or something. I think it would be quite interesting for our Habbo readers, and provide a nice link between rare values/news.

YOU CAN WIN STUFFS BY ENTERING COMPS! CLICK ON THE PICTURE!

Former:

Forum Moderator (x2), Forum Super Moderator (x4), Assistant Forum Manager,
    News Reporter, Assistant News Manager, Events Organiser (x3), Competitions Staff (x2), Senior Competitions Staff,
    Rare Values Reporter, Trade Expert, Senior Events Organiser (x3), Assistant Events Manager (x2)
    Forum Manager, News Manager (x2), Acting HxHD Manager, HxHD Room Owner, Assistant Comps Manager , Events Manager -
    Assistant General Manager (Community), Articles Manager

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

That is why it would say 'predicted' - it's not definite and as long as people are aware of this, I do not see the problem.

I'm all up for this. My reply to your thread yesturday:
    "Writing articles on the market is actually something I was about to speak to Dan about before deciding I'd come see the feedback forum first! I remember when Lost-shark used to do trading tips but when he left, no one was able to take over even though I'm sure a few people including myself offered to do so.

I think that if rare values management in particular did some kind of weekly market overview, then provided it's done properly it could be a great success. I think that this could include some of the most significant and/or unexpected value changes since the last article could be included, as well as predicted increases and decreases as well as a comment on the market as a whole and the items and sections recently released, and a link to where they can be found on Habbox Values. Obviously this can be played around with to make it popular with everyone ."

---------- Post added 30-10-2010 at 11:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt660 View Post
    Depending on how popular this is, I wouldn't mind perhaps having one rare values themed article per week on the front page of habbox too? Like a weekly roundup of the world of rares or something. I think it would be quite interesting for our Habbo readers, and provide a nice link between rare values/news.
    Yea, I presume that is what would happen. It would be much better on the Habbox homepage rather than the forum because more people can see it. However, I think that maybe under the Rare Values tab there could also be another page which shows only the rare values articles

Tokens

Latest Awards:

It would be predicted, yes. But if something is predicted to rise, people want to earn money off it. So, they buy the item and so does 25 others. Price is going to go up.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

Not necessarily. If I sent a message to my friends list saying that I predict thrones to rise, I doubt anyone would act purely on my prediction.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

This isn't meant to offend you but Habbox, which has really good and reputable values over the years would have more backing by users than a random console message.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

I know that but what I said was only an example. What I mean is that, particularly now with the marketplace prices, what Habbox says won't cause people to act without consideration. If Habbox was to say 'Thrones are predicted to double in price' people would probably just keep an eye on the marketplace for a sign of a value increase.

A few years ago, I'd Habbox was to say the same thing then it most likely would cause an immediate effect but what I'm trying to say is that people won't go purely by Habbox. Not the majority of people, any way.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Even 25 people willing to buy heaps of them would put the price up.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Mr-Trainor

Latest Awards:

I know what you mean but I don't think people would buy heaps of them and spend all their credits on an item because the Habbox rv management predict that it could rise. Obviously, it does depend on how much the item costs though. If Habbox rv management predicted the Throne to go up the people wouldn't go and buy 50 of them because most people wouldn't be able to but if they predicted ocean sleeping bags to go up, then more people would be able to bulk them. It all depends on how much trust they have in the rv managements predictions and how much they have to spend.

I personally feel that it is much harder to predict things now with the marketplace and the current state of the market. However, that's only me so there could be many people who may read a rv managers predictions and instantly believe it and therefore act upon it.

Not online very often

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast