HabboxWiki needs you!
Are you a Habbo buff? Or maybe a rare trader with a bunch of LTDs? Get involved with HabboxWiki to share your knowledge!
Join our team!
Whether you're raving for rares, excited for events or happy helping, there's something for you! Click here to apply
Need a helping hand?
Check out our guides for all things to help you make friends, make rooms, and make money!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

Default What would you do?

Well, the first week back to college I was off ill and when I went back, my tutor got really pissy about it.

So, during that week I go not ALG, meaning the next week I wouldn't have any money.

So, I went in all week of the second week and on the Thursday we were told that we now have to go in on Fridays. I already made plans for it, so I couldn't really go in. Then somebody else in the class said that he can't because it's his fridays birthday (on the thursday) so he'll be too hung over on the Friday to go in, I then said that I wont be in either and the tutor said ok (which I'm not presuming he said ok to him and not me).

So, I didn't turn up on the friday and I got an unauthorised absent. I went in on the next monday and my tutor said he'll give me my ALG if the rest of the class agree.. so he asked the class and they said no so my tutor didn't sign my ALG (which surely he shouldn't even do that? and why did the other person get his signed when all he did was get drunk?!).

So again, I wont get my ALG the next week.

So last week, I went in every day and it came to Friday and I got no ALG so I couldn't get in (my mum was at work, so I couldn't even get some money off her).

So today, I rang in and said I'll be running a bit late as I was waiting for my mum to come home from work so she could give me bus fares. I went in and my tutor said it wasn't a valid reason and I wont get ALG for this week either.

So, for the time I'v been going to college for the last couple of weeks, I'v been spending my christmas money and had to go into my overdraft (£1 per day charge) for UCAS.

I'm now thinking of screwing the rest of this week off, because I really can't afford this week and my mum doesn't get paid until 27th.. which even if she did have money, why should I have to spend her money?

Idk what to do.. take the week off or go in? If I take the week off, people above my tutor will question it so I guess I could tell them how he got the class to vote about my ALG and stuff :/

Oh, and also Friday is only 2 hours long.. and not even a subject I'm doing.

Sorry for long post

Tokens
    Habbo
    rnix

Latest Awards:

i think its one of the things when you seem to be the one in the wrong? when you are in the right?
    how about you go above your tutor and take it further?
    forever the queen.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Conservative,

Latest Awards:

Well personally I'd complain, give any evidence you have (maybe a written statement from your mum backing up your situation) and in the mean time go in. Because not going in will harm your education (lol - so nerdy) and then hopefully if you complain people higher up will make your tutor give you the money back

DJ Robbie
    Former Jobs: Events Organiser, News Reporter, HxHD

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

Yeah, my mum mentioned about taking it higher, especially about the class vote whether or not I should get it.

Only thing is, if I go into college this week, I'm going to have to go over my overdraft and then theres the week after too

Tokens
    Habbo
    Wispur

Latest Awards:

Thats totally unfair, A tutor cant ask a class to decide. :L

Just skip the week and complain.
    Former General Manager
    Former Forum Manager
    Former Site Manager

I've left, but I still visit sometimes!

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Wait what, you had already made plans for the friday? What kind of plans?

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Your ALG most likely won't get backlogged, so I am not sure what taking the issue higher will achieve other than pissing your teacher off more. It's probably best you go in and attend lessons so you can get your ALG and pay off the overdrawn amount ASAP, if you don't go in it's just delaying any money you might get even longer.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Eoin247

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    Your ALG most likely won't get backlogged, so I am not sure what taking the issue higher will achieve other than pissing your teacher off more. It's probably best you go in and attend lessons so you can get your ALG and pay off the overdrawn amount ASAP, if you don't go in it's just delaying any money you might get even longer.
    This is probably the best thing to do. Try not to dig any further while you're not too far down.

Tokens
    Habbo
    Moh

Latest Awards:

Quote Originally Posted by Infectious View Post
    Thats totally unfair, A tutor cant ask a class to decide. :L

Just skip the week and complain.
    I know, if my tutor just said no, I'm not allowed to have it, I would accept that. But the fact hes leaving it up to the class aint fair, especially when the class dont really take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaughtyNemo View Post
    Wait what, you had already made plans for the friday? What kind of plans?
    Plans to go see my sister in Newcastle.. more worthy excuse than what the other guy had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neversoft View Post
    It's not so much the money I'm bothered about, just I don't think I should have to suffer when I did nothing worse that what the other student did. If I go in this week, I still wont get any ALG because I missed an hour of this morning, even though I rang in telling them my situation. If I take the week off, at least I wont spend any more money.

Tokens

Latest Awards:

Well if you're already guaranteed not to get ALG this week then take it off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast